of December 23, 2002 No. 510
About approval of Rules of functioning of National interbank system of payment cards on the basis of microprocessor cards
For the purpose of enhancement and development of non-cash form of calculations in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan the Board of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan DECIDES:
1. Approve the enclosed Rules of functioning of National interbank system of payment cards on the basis of microprocessor cards.
2. This resolution becomes effective after fourteen days from the date of state registration in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
3. To management of payment systems (Musayev R. N.):
1) together with Legal department (Sharipov S. B.) to take measures to state registration in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan of this resolution;
2) in ten-day time from the date of state registration in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan to bring this resolution to the attention of the interested divisions of central office, branches of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan, banks of the second level and the organizations performing separate types of the banking activities having the license of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan for implementation of translated transactions and maintaining bank accounts.
4. To impose control of execution of this resolution on the vice-chairman of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan Zhangeldin E. T.
Chairman of National Bank G. Marchenko
Approved by the resolution of Board of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan of December 23, 2002 No. 510
These rules determine procedure for the organization and functioning of National interbank system of payment cards on the basis of microprocessor cards (further - system) and govern the relations connected with implementation of cashless payments and receipt of cash and/or other transactions with use of payment cards of system.
1. The national interbank system of payment cards is intended for implementation of payments and other transactions in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan with use of the payment cards issued by participating banks of system.
2. It is excluded
3. It is excluded
4. In these rules the concepts provided by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About payments and money transfers" and the resolution of Board of National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan of August 24, 2000 N 331 "About approval of Rules of release and use of payment cards in the Republic of Kazakhstan" registered in the Register of state registration of regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan under N 1260, and also the following concepts are used:
1) cancellation - recognition of card invalid and its withdrawal from the address;
2) participating bank of system - bank or the organization performing the separate types of banking activities performing functions of the issuer and/or ekvayer, and also National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan in system;
3) the holder of card of system - the physical person having the right to use payment card of system according to the extradition treaty of payment card of system;
4) code of participating bank of system - the digital designation of participating bank of system appropriated to it for its identification in system.
5) online - the mode of exchange of information on payments with use of payment cards of system in case of direct connection of the point-of-sale terminal and ATM with the special organization at the time of transaction making;
6) offline - the mode of exchange of information on payments with use of payment cards of system without establishment of communication between the special organization and the point-of-sale terminal at the time of transaction making;
7) personalisation - assignment process to payment card of system of information identifying its owner and/or the issuer by record of such information in integrated chip of payment card of system and drawing identification texts on its surface;
8) payment card of system (further - system card) the payment card issued by participating bank of system and used in system for the purpose of implementation of the transactions determined by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and/or system;
9) the entrepreneur - the legal entity or the physical person who is engaged in business activity without formation of legal entity who have the right to accept system cards for payment of their goods and services;
10) the point-of-sale terminal - the electronic and mechanical device by means of which cashless payment of goods and services and receipt of cash with use of cards of system is made;
11) the stop-list - the list of the cards of system forbidden to use;
12) the account of system - the account of the special organization in National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan (further - National Bank) intended for accounting of money of the participating banks of system used for ensuring timely and uninterrupted implementation of money transfers by results of clearing;
12-1) special organization - the processing organization created by participating banks of system, for the purpose of implementation of processing and clearing of interbank payments within system and providing management of functioning of system;
13) participants of system - legal entities and physical persons which have rights and obligations within system according to the signed agreements and the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
14) it is excluded
5. The legal basis of the organization and functioning of system is provided by these rules, other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and also contracts signed between participants of system.
6. It is excluded
7. The contract between participating bank of system and the special organization shall contain the following compulsory provisions:
1) rights and obligations of participating banks of system and special organization;
2) methods and procedure for exchange of payment documents and other information on payments;
3) requirements to observance of the mode of information security and storage of bank secrecy;
4) terms and methods of money transfers by results of clearing of the payments made with use of cards of system;
5) conditions of release and rerelease of cards of system, and also their blocking and cancellation;
6) responsibility of participating bank of system and special organization for failure to carry out of terms of the contract;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.