of December 21, 2011 No. ZR-286
About ID cards
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on November 30, 2011
1. This Law establishes the bases for provision, replacement, recognition invalid, receipts of the ID card of the citizen of the Republic of Armenia (further – the ID card) and bases of regulation of other related legal relationship.
1. In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the ID card – the identity document of the citizen of the Republic of Armenia (further – the citizen) and citizenship of the Republic of Armenia which is provided for use in the territory of the Republic of Armenia.
2) the electronic database – structural technical part of the ID card which contains the data of the citizen provided by this Law providing data protection the individual cryptographic keys characteristic of the map, the digital signature and certificates for identification, e-mail.
1. The citizen receives the ID card voluntarily, from the date of achievement of 16 years.
2. The citizen submits the application on receipt of the ID card in police agency.
3. The citizen who reached 16 years submits the application on receipt of the ID card personally.
4. The ID card is provided to the citizen recognized incapacitated based on the statement of the guardian. The ID card is provided to the citizen recognized restrictedly capable based on its statement. The passport is provided to the citizen recognized restrictedly capable in provided by part 9 of article 4 of this Law for the shortest terms for collectible amount, from written consent of the custodian. In the cases provided by this part the document confirming the phenomenon fact with the guardian or the custodian is enclosed to applications.
5. Disabled people of the first group have the right to receive the ID card based on the statement of representatives. In this case the certificate on disability of the citizen or the copy of the certificate certified of notarial procedure is enclosed to the application.
5.1. Person sentenced to imprisonment or arrested has the right to receive the ID card respectively by means of administration of criminal and executive organization or the place of content of arrested, and the citizen sentenced to imprisonment or arrested who received short-term departure - in accordance with general practice.
6. The ID card is issued with effective period of 10 years.
1. The ID card is property of the Republic of Armenia. The found ID cards in the Republic of Armenia are subject to delivery in Police of the Republic of Armenia, in foreign states – diplomatic representation or consular establishment of the Republic of Armenia.
2. The following personal data of the citizen are entered in the ID card in the Armenian and English languages:
1) surname, name, and also middle name, only in the version in Armenian,
2) place, day, month, year of birth,
5) nationality, at the request of the citizen or in the cases provided by this Law, at the request of the representative,
6) the residence (only the country is specified).
2.1. The procedure for entering into the ID card of name and surname in English, and also name, surnames and middle names in Armenian is established according to the order of the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
3. In the electronic database only on Armenian the address of the permanent residence (accommodation) which is available in the state register of the population can be specified. The photo of the citizen, the signature of the citizen, and also blood type and Rhesus factor are introduced in the ID card also number of public services (except for the cases provided by part 3.1 of this Article) (at the request of the citizen or in the cases provided by this Law, at the request of the representative). The ID card contains subdivision code of Police, issued it, and also terms of provision and operation of the card, number of the ID card.
3.1. If the citizen refused to acquire number of public services (social security card) or refused the social security card or number of public services provided in the form of the reference, the ID card is provided without entering into the ID card of number of public services.
3.2. The procedure for forming of number of the ID card approves the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
4. The ID card has technical part – the electronic database where the obligatory data provided by parts 2-3 of this Article, the individual cryptographic key characteristic of the card providing data protection, the digital signature and e-mail are entered.
4.1. E-mail issued together with the ID card is available from the moment of activation. The procedure for provision of e-mail together with the ID card, and also cases and procedure for provision of information on the e-mail address establishes the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
5. If lack of the signature of the citizen on the ID card is caused by physiological features of the citizen, then about it the corresponding entry in the ID card is made.
6. For receipt of the passport the citizen represents:
2) passport or certificate of birth,
2. If the citizen did not reach 1) 18 years established by the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About citizenship of the Republic of Armenia"" the consent of parents and the child in writing if the applicant has no passport of the citizen of the Republic of Armenia. If the parent cannot personally provide consent, then reliability of its signature on the provided consent shall be assured of notarial procedure,
3) other identification documents provided by the order of the Government of the Republic of Armenia in case of impossibility of submission of the documents specified in Item 2 of this part,
4) the assigned military certificate or the military ID or the reference confirming the fact of military accounting (persons liable for call-up)
5) the relevant document of medical nature – in case of introduction for the first time into the ID card of data on blood type and Rhesus factor at the request of the citizen or in the cases provided by this Law, at the request of the representative,
6) receipt on payment of the state fee.
7. For replacement of the ID card the citizen represents:
2) the ID card which is subject to replacement
3) the relevant document of medical nature – in case of introduction for the first time into the ID card of data on blood type and Rhesus factor at the request of the citizen or in the cases provided by this Law, at the request of the representative,
3. 1) in the cases provided by Items 1 and 3 of part 1 of article 5 of this Law, the document confirming change or inaccuracy issued by authorized body
4) receipt on payment of the state fee.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.