of December 21, 2011 No. ZR-287
About the passport of the citizen of the Republic of Armenia
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on November 30, 2011
1. This Law establishes the bases for provision, replacement, recognition invalid, receipts of the passport of the citizen of the Republic of Armenia (further – the passport) and bases of regulation of other related legal relationship.
1. The purpose of this Law is guaranteeing use (realization) by constitutional right of the citizen of the Republic of Armenia on departure from the Republic of Armenia and entry into the Republic of Armenia.
1. In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the passport – the identity document of the citizen of the Republic of Armenia and citizenship of the Republic of Armenia which is provided for departure from the Republic of Armenia and entry into the Republic of Armenia, and also use in the territory of the Republic of Armenia.
2) biometric data – the personal data collected, kept and used in the procedure established by the Law which describe physiological features of the citizen and give the chance to identify the citizen (the photo, the signature, prints of all fingers of the right and left hands),
3) the electronic database – structural technical part of the passport which contains the data of the citizen provided by this Law, including, biometric data.
1. The citizen receives the passport voluntarily, irrespective of age.
2. The passport is issued to citizens up to 6 years valid through 3 years, citizens are from 6 to 16 years old - valid through 5 years, and to citizens of 16 years - with effective period of 10 years. At the same time to citizens up to 16 years, and also to male citizens of 16 years of the passport are issued before achievement of 19 years by them and if they reached 19 years - us the term of the draft deferment on obligatory military service granted according to the procedure, established by the Law "About Military Service and the Status of the Serviceman", or the repeated medical examination established by part 4 or 8 of Article 23 or part 4 of article 29 of the Law "About Military Service or the Status of the Serviceman". According to the petition of the head of authorized body of public administration of the Republic of Armenia in the sphere of defense the passport can be also issued to male citizens of 18 years for other term for the purpose of training, treatment, participation in sporting, cultural events.
3. The citizen who reached 16 years submits the application for receipt of the passport personally.
4. Disabled people of the first group have the right to receive the passport based on the statement of representatives. In this case the certificate on disability of the citizen or the copy of the certificate certified of notarial procedure is enclosed to the application.
5. The passport is provided to the child up to 16 years based on the statement of one of parents of the child or other legal representative. In this case the document certifying the fact that person is other legal representative is enclosed to the application. If the parent or other legal representative cannot personally submit the application, then reliability of its signature on the submitted application is assured of notarial procedure.
6. The passport based on the statement of one of the child's parents is not issued to the child up to 16 years if the parent at whom on legal causes the child lives represents to Police of the Republic of Armenia the announcement in writing of disagreement on provisions of the passport in advance. The copy of consent on determination of residence of the child or court resolution certified of notarial procedure is attached to the announcement.
7. The passport is provided to the citizen recognized incapacitated based on the statement of the guardian. The passport is provided to the citizen recognized restrictedly capable based on its statement. The passport is provided to the citizen recognized restrictedly capable in the shortest terms provided by part 12 of article 5 of this Law for collectible amount, from written consent of the custodian. In the cases provided by this part the document confirming the phenomenon fact with the guardian or the custodian is enclosed to applications.
7.1. To persons which for health reasons are temporarily in unconsciousness or temporarily or forever lost motive and (or) cognitive capabilities, the passport is issued based on the statement of close relatives (the father, mother, the spouse (a), the child, the sister, the brother, the grandmother, the grandfather) or, in case of its stay on hospitalization, letters of the head of medical institution. In the case provided by this part the documents certifying family relation, and the document on the state of health of person issued by medical institution with the corresponding specifying about the restrictions which arose owing to unconsciousness or impossibility of committing by person of independent actions or disease of person are attached to the application submitted by the close relative.
8. The citizen submits the application for receipt of the passport in police agency of the Republic of Armenia, in foreign states – diplomatic representation or consular establishment of the Republic of Armenia.
1. The passport is property of the Republic of Armenia. The found passports in the Republic of Armenia are subject to delivery in Police of the Republic of Armenia, in foreign states – diplomatic representation or consular establishment of the Republic of Armenia.
2. The following personal data of the citizen are entered in passports in the Armenian and English languages:
1) surname, name, and also middle name, only in the version in Armenian,
2) the place (the state or, at the request of person, the area or the area or the city or the settlement or the village - in the presence of the corresponding instructions in the certificate of birth), day, month, year of birth,
5) nationality, at the request of the citizen or in the cases provided by this Law, at the request of the representative,
6) the residence (only the country is specified).
2.1. The procedure for entering into the passport of name and surname in English, and also name, surnames and middle names in Armenian is established according to the order of the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.