of June 8, 1993
About avoidance of double taxation concerning taxes on the income and property
The government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Bulgaria, confirming the desire to expand and promote mutual cooperation taking into account interests of both parties, wishing to sign the Agreement on avoidance of double taxation concerning taxes on the income and property, agreed as follows.
This agreement is applied to persons who are from the point of view of the taxation persons with the permanent residence in one or in both Contracting States.
1. This agreement extends to the taxes on the income and property levied in Contracting States irrespective of method of their collection.
2. All taxes levied from the total amount of the income, total cost of property or from separate elements of the income and property including the income from alienation of personal or real estate are considered as taxes on the income and property.
3. The existing taxes to which this agreement extends, in particular, are:
a) in relation to the Russian Federation - the income taxes, the income and property levied according to the following Laws of the Russian Federation:
(i) "About the income tax of the companies and organizations",
(ii) "About the taxation of the income of banks",
(iii) "About the taxation of the income from insurance activity",
(iv) "About the income tax from physical persons",
(v) "About the property tax of the companies" and
(vi) "About the property tax of physical persons"
(the "Russian taxes" which are referred to as further);
b) in relation to the Republic of Bulgaria
(i) tax on total income,
(ii) income tax and
(iii) tax on buildings
(further the referred to as "Bulgarian taxes").
4. This agreement will be applied also to any identical or in essence to similar taxes on the income which will be levied after signature date of this Agreement in amendment or instead of the existing taxes. According to article 26 provisions competent authorities of Contracting States will notify each other on any essential changes in their relevant tax laws necessary for application of this agreement.
1. For the purposes of this agreement if other does not follow from context:
a) expressions "one Contracting State" and "other Contracting State" mean, depending on context, the Russian Federation (Russia) or the Republic of Bulgaria;
b) the term "Russian Federation" when using in geographical sense means its territory, including territorial waters, and also economic zone and the continental shelf where this State performs the sovereign rights and jurisdiction according to rules of international law and where its tax legislation is effective;
c) the term "Bulgaria" means the Republic of Bulgaria and when using in geographical sense means the territory to which it extends the state sovereignty, including the territorial sea, and also the continental shelf and exclusive economic zone to which its sovereign rights and jurisdiction according to international law extend;
d) the term "person" includes physical person, the legal entity and any consolidation of persons which is considered as corporate education for the purposes of the taxation;
e) expressions "the company of one Contracting State" and "the company of other Contracting State" mean respectively the business activity performed by person with the permanent residence in one Contracting State and the business activity performed by person with the permanent residence in other Contracting State;
e) expression "international delivery" means any transportation performed by person with the permanent residence in one Contracting State, except for when it is transported between the Items located in the same Contracting State;
g) expression means "competent authority":
i) in relation to the Russian Federation - the Ministry of Finance or the representative authorized by it,
ii) in relation to the Republic of Bulgaria - the Minister of Finance or his authorized representative.
2. In case of application of this agreement by one of Contracting States any term which is not determined in it will if other does not follow from context, have that value which it has according to the tax legislation of this State.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.