of June 17, 2017 No. 107
About the Security Council of the Kyrgyz Republic
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on May 25, 2017
This Law determines legal status, tasks, functions and powers of the Security Council of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - the Security Council), and also the organizational principles of its activities.
1. The Security Council is the constitutional advisory body performing carrying out single state policy in the sphere of ensuring national security of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. The Security Council develops the decisions concerning foreign and domestic policy directed to protection of the constitutional system, sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity of the Kyrgyz Republic against modern challenges and threats, ensuring its sustainable development for long-term outlook.
The legal basis of activities of the Security Council is constituted by the Constitutions of the Kyrgyz Republic, this Law and other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic accepted according to them governing the relations in the field of defense and safety, which came in the procedure established by the law into force the international agreements which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic.
Treat the main objectives of the Security Council:
1) forming of the state foreign and domestic policy in the field of ensuring national security and control of its realization;
2) determination of the main directions of protection of national interests, forecasting, the analysis and assessment of threats of national security, development of the measures directed to prevention and neutralization of challenges and threats;
3) enhancement of system of ensuring national security by development of the offers on reforming existing or creation of new state bodies in this sphere;
4) efficiency evaluation of activities of the state bodies ensuring safety and defense capability of the state;
5) preparation of decisions on implementation of measures of collective security according to the international obligations of the Kyrgyz Republic;
6) acceptance of complex measures of rapid response in case of threat of homeland security of the Kyrgyz Republic;
7) preparation of offers to the President of the Kyrgyz Republic about introduction, prolongation and about cancellation of emergency state, the announcement of general or partial mobilization, state of war in case of aggression or direct threat of aggression to the Kyrgyz Republic, the announcement for the benefit of protection of the country and safety of her citizens of warlike situation with the subsequent introduction of this question for consideration of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic;
8) forming of state policy in the sphere of social protection of the military personnel, law enforcement officers and members of their families, and also persons discharged from military service;
9) other tasks in the sphere of safety and defense.
Functions of the Security Council are:
1) identification of internal and external threats to the vital interests of the personality, society and state;
2) development of concepts, strategy, doctrines and other strategic documents in the sphere of homeland security, and also state programs on their realization;
3) implementation of strategic planning in the field of defense and safety;
4) the analysis and assessment of the course of realization of foreign and domestic policy in the field of ensuring national security and strengthening of defense capability, socio-political and economic situation, condition of legality and law and order in the country, efficiency of the taken measures for counteraction to threats of homeland security, ensuring boundary safety, protection of the population and the territory of the state in emergency situations;
5) coordination of activities of state bodies for implementation of decisions of the Security Council and the President of the Kyrgyz Republic in the sphere of ensuring defense and safety, and also assessment of their effectiveness;
6) preparation of offers to the President of the Kyrgyz Republic on measures of rapid response in case of threat of homeland security of the Kyrgyz Republic;
7) introduction of offers to the President of the Kyrgyz Republic about enhancement of activities of state bodies concerning ensuring defense and safety;
8) hearing of reports on questions of ensuring defense capability and homeland security of heads of the state and law enforcement agencies, Armed Forces of the Kyrgyz Republic and other military forming;
9) development initiation, and also consideration of projects of legislative and other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic on the questions entering competence of the Security Council;
10) preparation of drafts of presidential decrees of the Kyrgyz Republic in the sphere of defense and safety, directives, orders and decisions of the Commander-in-chief of Armed Forces of the Kyrgyz Republic;
11) the organization of scientific research for the questions entering competence of the Security Council.
The structure of the Security Council is created by the President of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1. The President of the Security Council is the President of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. In case of early termination of powers of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic according to the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic of obligation of the President of the Security Council are assigned to Toraga of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic for the period before election and inauguration of the new president of the Kyrgyz Republic.
3. In case of impossibility of performance of powers of the President of the Security Council Toraga of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic the specified powers are performed by the Chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Kyrgyz Republic or person fulfilling duties of the Chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1. The secretary of the Security Council is appointed to position and dismissed by the President of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. Legal status, the rights, obligations and powers of the secretary of the Security Council are determined by the President of the Kyrgyz Republic.
3. The secretary of the Security Council bears responsibility for ensuring activities and execution of decisions of the Security Council.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.