of May 29, 2017 No. UP-5060
About approval of the Regulations on procedure for provision of political asylum in the Republic of Uzbekistan
Being guided by the conventional principles and rules of international law, and also according to Item 22 of article 93 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan:
1. Approve Regulations on procedure for provision of political asylum in the Republic of Uzbekistan according to appendix.
2. To the Ministry of Internal Affairs together with the Ministry of Finance and the State center of personalisation under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan in two-month time to make in accordance with the established procedure the offer on forming of biometric databases of the foreign citizens and persons without citizenship who addressed for provision of political asylum in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
3. To impose control of execution of this Decree on the Counselor of state of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan O. B. Murodov.
President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
to the Presidential decree of the Republic of Uzbekistan of May 29, 2017 No. UP-5060
1. The political asylum in the Republic of Uzbekistan is granted to foreign citizens and stateless persons (further - persons) taking into account national interests of the Republic of Uzbekistan based on the conventional principles and rules of international law, according to the Constitution, the laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Uzbekistan and this Provision.
2. The political asylum in the Republic of Uzbekistan is granted to persons and members of their families who are looking for shelter and protection against prosecution or real threat to fall victim of prosecution in the country of the civil accessory or the permanent residence for social and political activities, religious beliefs, racial or national identity, and also other cases of human rights violations which are provided by rules of international law.
3. Person who is granted political asylum in the Republic of Uzbekistan and members of his family have the rights and freedoms on the territories of the Republic of Uzbekistan, and also perform the duties established by the legislation or international treaties of the Republic of Uzbekistan for the foreign citizens and persons without citizenship who are constantly living in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
it is pursued for the actions (failure to act) recognized in the Republic of Uzbekistan by crime or he is guilty of making of the actions contradicting the fundamental purposes and the principles of the United Nations;
it is attracted as the person accused on criminal case or concerning it there is conviction of court which took legal effect and subject to execution in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
arrived from the third country where it was not threatened by prosecution;
has nationality of the third country where it is not pursued;
provided obviously false data;
cannot or does not wish to return to the country of the civil accessory or the country of the permanent residence for the economic, ecological or social reasons, and also in connection with emergency situations of natural and technogenic nature.
5. Person who is looking for political asylum within seven days after registration of registration in the place of temporary stay or from the moment of emergence of the circumstances which are not allowing this person to return to the country of the civil accessory or the permanent residence shall address personally to territorial authority of internal affairs in the place of the stay with the written petition addressed to the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the form approved by the Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The petition for provision of political asylum in the Republic of Uzbekistan (further - the petition) to person which did not reach eighteen years moves his parents or other legal representatives together with the copy of the certificate of birth. Minors aged from fourteen up to eighteen years need to attach also their notarially certified written consent to the petition of parents or other legal representatives.
6. In the petition the circumstances specified in Item 2 this provision shall be stated.
Are applied to the petition:
questionnaire statement in duplicate;
autobiography in duplicate;
4 photos of the size 3, 5kh 4,5;
the health declaration received in medical institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
copy of the identity document.
Other documents concerning the matter can be also attached to the petition.
7. The petition and all copies of the questionnaire statement and autobiography shall be signed by the petitioning person with indication of date of their creation. If person cannot sign the petition owing to physical defects, disease or illiteracy, the petition at its request can be signed by other person about what law-enforcement body the corresponding mark in the petition with indication of the reasons owing to which petitioning could not sign it with own hand becomes.
8. The petition is deemed accepted to execution from the moment of giving by the petitioning person of all documents provided by this Provision.
In the presence of good causes for consideration of the petition, the territorial authority of internal affairs opens case in duplicate which together with all necessary documents go to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
9. The petition for provision of political asylum in the Republic of Uzbekistan in the presence of the bases specified in item 4 of this provision is not taken cognizance.
10. For consideration of the petition to the addressed person the reference in form according to appendix No. 1 is issued. After decision making according to the petition the reference is withdrawn by the body which issued it.
In case of execution of the reference by territorial authority of internal affairs fingerprints of hands and digital photo of the petitioning person for inclusion in the biometric database of foreign citizens and stateless persons are accepted.
Person who received the reference according to the status is equated respectively to the foreign citizen or the person without citizenship who is temporarily living in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.