Agreement on legal assistance and cooperation between the Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine and Prosecutor's office of the Republic of Belarus
of July 30, 1993
The Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine and Prosecutor's office of the Republic of Belarus (the Parties hereinafter are referred to as further),
- proceeding from the principle of the state sovereignty,
- based on the universally recognized norms of international law,
- attaching importance to consolidation of cooperation in the field of legal relations for ensuring protection of the rights of citizens and legal entities,
- being guided by the principles of equality, mutual understanding and mutual interests,
- for the purpose of determination of conditions of cooperation and cross liabilities in activities of Prosecutor's offices,
reached the agreement on it:
1.1. The legal assistance is provided by the Parties within their competence on questions:
- that follow from international treaties and agreements;
- offenses in economic and foreign economic activity;
- environmental protections;
- transfers of materials of public prosecutor's and investigative activities;
- initiation of legal proceedings and investigation of crimes;
- accomplishment of personal errands on criminal, civil, arbitration and family cases;
- search of suspects, persons accused, bezvesta of the gone persons, and also sending by stage of arrested and convicts;
- issues of persons who committed crimes;
- search of stolen property and return illegally the acquired objects and values;
- provision of possibility of use of the archival materials which are not connected with the state secret;
- rehabilitations illegally convicts and repressed persons;
- that arise during check of justification of sentences which took legal effect, and their accomplishment of the states of the Parties which are rather condemned by courts which serve sentence in correctional institutions of the relevant states.
1.2. The parties consider for possible to provide also other legal assistance concerning public prosecutor's activities, and also to expand not procedural cooperation, including experience exchange, assistance in advanced training of employees of prosecutor's offices, creation of groups for coordination of work on the separate directions, exchange of methodical, statistical and other information.
2.1. During investigation of crimes which have interstate nature (organized crime, drug trafficking, terrorism, environmental disasters and others).
2.2. The question of investigation of crimes which are committed in the territory of both states and also of supervision of the investigation of these cases is solved in coordination of heads of the Parties.
2.3. Employees of bodies of prosecutor's office of both states have the right to be present when carrying out investigative operations which are performed by the required Party at the request of the requesting Party.
2.4. Prosecutor's offices report the friend the friend about criminal prosecution of persons who are found in the territory of the state of one Party, but committed crimes in the territory of the state of other Party. The organization of investigation of such cases is determined by heads of the contractual Parties, or their deputies.
2.5. The parties according to the mutual arrangement provide the information on initiation of legal proceedings, and also on sentence which took legal effect, concerning citizens of the state of other Party.
2.6. Prosecutor's offices if necessary inform the friend the friend and coordinate actions:
- in fight against separate types of crimes;
- concerning environmental disasters and natural disasters;
- concerning protection of human rights.
3.1. The order about provision of legal assistance shall be drawn up in writing and contain such data:
- name of prosecutor's offices of the Parties;
- essence of the order and information necessary for its accomplishment;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.