of April 13, 2017 No. 229
About approval of Veterinary sanitary standard about import and transit of poultry and products from poultry, and also requirements to veterinary and sanitary certification
According to provisions of article 29 of the Law on veterinary and sanitary activities No. 221-XVI of October 19, 2007 (repeated publication: The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2013, Art. No. 125-129, 396), with subsequent changes and amendments, DECIDES: the Government
1. Approve Veterinary sanitary standard about import and transit of poultry and products from poultry, and also requirements to veterinary and sanitary certification (are applied).
2. To impose control over the implementation of this resolution on the National agency on safety of foodstuff.
deputy. Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs and European Integration
Minister of Justice
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova of April 13, 2017 No. 229
This Veterinary sanitary standard partially shifts Regulations (EU) No. 798/2008 of the European commission of August 8, 2008 about establishment of the list of the third countries, the territories, zones or kompartment from which it is possible to import poultry and products from poultry to Community and to perform their transit through the territory of Community, and also requirements to veterinary and sanitary certification (the text with reference to the EEA) published in the Official magazine of the European Union of L 226/1 of August 23, 2008 with subsequent changes and amendments.
1. The veterinary sanitary standard about import and transit of poultry and products from poultry, and also requirements to veterinary and sanitary certification (further - Veterinary sanitary standard) establishes requirements to veterinary and sanitary certification for import and transit, including for storage during transit of the following products:
1) birds, incubatory eggs, daily chickens and eggs, free from specific pathogenic microorganisms;
2) meat, forcemeat and meat of birds of mechanical boning, including meat ostrich and meat of feathery game;
3) eggs and yaytseprodukt.
2. This Veterinary sanitary standard:
1) it is not applied to birds to exhibitions, tenders or competitions;
2) it is applied without prejudice to the specific requirements of certification provided in agreements with the countries which party is the Republic of Moldova.
3. For the purposes of this Regulation the used concepts mean the following:
poultry is hens, turkeys, guinea fowls, ducks, geese, quails, pigeons, pheasants, the partridges, and also the ostrich (Ratitae) which are grown up or containing in bondage for reproduction, production of meat or eggs for consumption or for replenishment of reserves for shooting;
incubatory eggs – the eggs of poultry intended for incubation;
daily chickens – the poultry aged till 72 o'clock who was not receiving sterns, except for musky ducks (Cairina moschata) or their hybrid which it is possible to feed;
birds for reproduction are birds at the age of 72 hours and more, intended for production of incubatory eggs;
birds for production are birds at the age of 72 hours and more, grown up for the production of meat and/or eggs intended for consumption or for replenishment of reserves for shooting;
eggs, free from specific pathogenic microorganisms – the incubatory eggs received from "livestock of chickens, free from specific pathogenic microorganisms" and which are intended only for diagnostics, research or pharmaceutical use;
meat – edible parts: poultry, including the meat, birds who are grown up in the conditions of farm including the birds who are grown up as pets without being considered as those, except for ostrich;
meat of mechanical boning – the product received by department of meat from bones or from carcasses of birds with use of mechanical means as a result of which the structure of muscle fibers is lost or changes;
forcemeat – the rolled meat crushed containing less than 1% of salt;
zone – accurately certain part of the country including subpopulation of animals with certain state of health on specific disease to which necessary measures for supervision, control and biosecurity when importing according to this Veterinary sanitary standard are applied;
kompartment – one or several objects for cultivation of poultry within general management system biological safety which contain subpopulation of poultry with the clear state of health on specific disease to which necessary measures for supervision, control and biosecurity when importing according to this Veterinary sanitary standard are applied;
object – the installation or part of installation located in the same place, intended for implementation of one or several types of activity in the field of poultry farming;
object breeding – the object performing production of incubatory eggs for receipt of breeding poultry for reproduction;
object for reproduction – the object performing production of incubatory eggs for receipt of birds for production;
object for cultivation – object on which poultry for reproduction before stage of reproduction or on which oviparous birds before yaytsekladka stage are grown up is grown up;
incubator – object which activities consist in incubation, vyluplivaniye of eggs and delivery of one-day chickens;
livestock – poultry with the identical sanitary status who contains in the same room or barrier or who shares
one and airspace also represent one epidemiological unit;
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.