of April 12, 2017 No. 11
About approval of regulations and rules on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety
Based on item 4 of article 21 of the Law of the Republic of Belarus of June 18, 2019 No. 198-Z "About radiation safety", the paragraph of the fourth of part three of article 6 of the Law of the Republic of Belarus of July 30, 2008 No. 426-Z "About use of atomic energy", subitem 7.4 of Item 7 of the Regulations on the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus approved by the Presidential decree of the Republic of Belarus of December 29, 2006 No. 756, the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus DECIDES:
1. Approve regulations and rules on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety "Safety of nuclear power plants in case of nuclear and (or) radiological emergency. Requirements to planning and ensuring radiation monitoring" (are attached).
V. A. Vashchenko
It is approved
Minister of natural resources and environmental protections of the Republic of Belarus
February 24, 2017
A. M. Kovkhuto
It is approved
Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus
March 9, 2017
I. A. Shunevich
It is approved
Chairman of Committee for State Security of the Republic of Belarus
February 17, 2017
It is approved
Minister of Health of the Republic of Belarus
March 2, 2017
V. A. Malashko
Approved by the Resolution of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus of April 12, 2017 No. 11
1. Regulations and rules on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety "Safety of nuclear power plants in case of nuclear and (or) radiological emergency. Requirements to planning and ensuring radiation monitoring" (further - Rules) establish the main technical requirements to safe handling of sources of ionizing radiation and radiation objects, including to the activities connected with operation of subjects to use of atomic energy for the organization and ensuring radiation monitoring in the sanitary protection zone (further - the SPZ) and in observation zone (further - ZN) nuclear power plant (further - the NPP) in case of nuclear or radiological emergency on the NPP.
2. Requirements of these rules do not extend to activities for the organization and implementation of radiation monitoring in the conditions of normal operation of the NPP.
3. For the purposes of these rules terms and their determinations in the values established by the Law of the Republic of Belarus of July 30, 2008 No. 426-Z "About use of atomic energy" and the Law of the Republic of Belarus of June 18, 2019 No. 198-Z "About radiation safety" and also the following terms and their determinations are used:
atmospheric radioactive losses - the vertical descending flow of radioactive aerosols from the atmosphere on the spreading surface;
zone of planning of urgent protective measures (further - ZPSM) - zone around the NPP concerning which the events directed to implementation of urgent protective measures in case of nuclear emergency for the purpose of prevention of stochastic effects in that degree in what it is almost feasible are held. Protective operations within ZPSM shall be performed on the basis of monitoring of the environment and taking into account the created situation on the NPP;
zone of preventive measures (further - ZPM) - zone around the NPP in which events for implementation of urgent protective measures in case of nuclear emergency for the purpose of decrease in risk of emergence of the heavy determined effects outside the industrial platform are held. Protective actions within this zone shall be taken to or soon after emission of radioactive material on the basis of the forecast of radiation situation for the NPP;
prizemny layer of atmospheric air - the lower part of the atmosphere - from the land surface up to the height of 250 m;
phase of radiation accident early - period of time from the beginning of accident until the termination of emissions (dumpings) of radioactive materials into the environment and the end of forming of radioactive trace on the area;
phase of radiation accident average - period of time from the moment of completion of forming of radioactive trace before acceptance of the main protective measures;
phase of radiation accident late - the period of time which is beginning after acceptance of the main protective measures and coming to an end along with cancellation of all protective measures.
4. Radiation monitoring in case of emergencies on the NPP (further - emergency RM) represents single system of the organizational and technical actions providing obtaining and data processing, accident scales, necessary for assessment, on the NPP and impacts on the population and objects of the environment to the SPZ and ZN NPP.
5. Main objectives of emergency RM is:
assessment and the forecast of radiation situation (further - RO) in the SPZ and ZN NPP;
the analysis of dynamics of change of RO in process of development of emergency;
assessment of doses of radiation of personnel and the population in case of nuclear and (or) radiological emergency;
development of recommendations about application of protective measures;
confirmation of efficiency of the executed protective measures.
6. Treat the main objectives of emergency RM:
receipt of necessary reliable information about RO in the SPZ and ZN NPP;
assessment of conformity of RO to the operating intervention levels;
receipt of exact and timely data on duration and capacity of emissions (dumpings) into the environment, about activity of the thrown-out (dumped) radioactive materials and their radio nuclide structure;
forecasting of RO in the SPZ and ZN NPP caused by radioactive emission in the atmosphere in development of radiation accident; refining of borders of ZPM and ZPSM;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.