of April 12, 2017 No. 11
About approval of regulations and rules on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety "Requirements to the operating organization for planning and implementation of radiation monitoring in case of nuclear or radiological emergency on nuclear power plant"
Based on subitem 7.4 of Item 7 of the Regulations on the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus approved by the Presidential decree of the Republic of Belarus of December 29, 2006 No. 756 "About some questions of the Ministry of Emergency Situations" the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus DECIDES:
1. Approve the enclosed regulations and rules on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety "Requirements to the operating organization for planning and implementation of radiation monitoring in case of nuclear or radiological emergency on nuclear power plant".
V. A. Vashchenko
It is approved
Minister of natural resources and environmental protections of the Republic of Belarus
February 24, 2017
A. M. Kovkhuto
It is approved
Minister of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus
March 9, 2017
I. A. Shunevich
It is approved
Chairman of Committee for State Security of the Republic of Belarus
February 17, 2017
It is approved
Minister of Health of the Republic of Belarus
March 2, 2017
V. A. Malashko
Approved by the Resolution of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus of April 12, 2017 No. 11
1. This Regulations and rules on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety (further - Rules) establish the main requirements to the operating organization for the organization and carrying out radiation monitoring in the sanitary protection zone (further - the SPZ) and in observation zone (further - ZN) nuclear power plant (further - the NPP) in case of nuclear or radiological emergency on the NPP.
2. Requirements of Rules do not extend to activities for the organization and implementation of radiation monitoring in the conditions of normal operation of the NPP.
3. For the purposes of these rules terms and their determinations in the values established by the Law of the Republic of Belarus of July 30, 2008 "About use of atomic energy" are applied (The national register of legal acts of the Republic of Belarus, 2008, No. 187, 2/1523) and the Law of the Republic of Belarus of January 5, 1998 "About radiation safety of the population" ("Vedamastsi Natsyyanalnaga to descent of Respubliki Belarus", 1998, No. 5, the Art. 25), and also the following terms and their determinations:
atmospheric radioactive losses - the vertical descending flow of radioactive aerosols from the atmosphere on the spreading surface;
zone of planning of urgent protective measures (further - ZPSM) - zone around the NPP concerning which the events directed to implementation of urgent protective measures in case of nuclear emergency for the purpose of prevention of stochastic effects in that degree in what it is almost feasible are held. Protective operations within ZPSM shall be performed on the basis of monitoring of the environment and taking into account the created situation on the NPP;
zone of preventive measures (further - ZPM) - zone around the NPP in which events for implementation of urgent protective measures in case of nuclear emergency for the purpose of decrease in risk of emergence of the heavy determined effects outside the industrial platform are held. Protective actions within this zone shall be taken to or soon after emission of radioactive material on the basis of the forecast of radiation situation for the NPP;
prizemny layer of atmospheric air - the lower part of the atmosphere - from the land surface up to the height of 250 m;
phase of radiation accident early - period of time from the beginning of accident until the termination of emissions (dumpings) of radioactive materials into the environment and the end of forming of radioactive trace on the area;
phase of radiation accident average - period of time from the moment of completion of forming of radioactive trace before acceptance of the main protective measures;
phase of radiation accident late - the period of time which is beginning after acceptance of the main protective measures and coming to an end along with cancellation of all protective measures.
4. Radiation monitoring in case of emergencies on the NPP (further - emergency RM) represents single system of the organizational and technical actions providing obtaining and data processing, accident scales, necessary for assessment, on the NPP and impacts on the population and objects of the environment to the SPZ and ZN NPP.
5. Main objectives of emergency RM is:
assessment and the forecast of radiation situation (further - RO) in the SPZ and ZN NPP;
the analysis of dynamics of change of RO in process of development of emergency;
assessment of doses of radiation of personnel and the population in case of nuclear or radiological emergency;
development of recommendations about application of protective measures;
confirmation of efficiency of the executed protective measures.
6. Treat the main objectives of emergency RM:
receipt of necessary reliable information about RO in the SPZ and ZN NPP;
assessment of conformity of RO to the operating intervention levels;
receipt of exact and timely data on duration and capacity of emissions (dumpings) into the environment, about activity of the thrown-out (dumped) radioactive materials and their radio nuclide structure;
forecasting of RO in the SPZ and ZN NPP caused by radioactive emission in the atmosphere in development of radiation accident; refining of borders of ZPM and ZPSM;
representation of up-to-date information to persons making decisions concerning need of implementation of protective measures;
informing citizens, state bodies on regulation of safety when using atomic energy, local authorities and self-government of the areas which are in accident zone and also other state bodies.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.