of February 20, 2017 No. 59
About approval of the Technical regulation "Nuclear and Radiation Safety of Research Nuclear Installations"
According to the subitem 8) parts one of article 6 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About radiation safety of the population" PRIKAZYVAYU:
1. Approve the enclosed Technical regulation "Nuclear and Radiation Safety of Research Nuclear Installations".
2. To provide to committee of atomic and energy supervision and control of the Department of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the procedure established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1) state registration of this order in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) within ten calendar days from the date of state registration of this order in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan the direction it the copy in paper and electronic type in the Kazakh and Russian languages in the Republican state company on the right of economic maintaining "The republican center of legal information of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan" for official publication and inclusion in Reference control bank of regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3) within ten calendar days after day of state registration of this order the direction it the copy on official publication in periodic printing editions;
4) placement of this order on Internet resource of the Department of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
5) within ten working days after state registration of this order in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan submission to Department of legal service of the Department of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan of data on execution of the actions provided by subitems 2), 3) and 4) of this Item.
3. To impose control of execution of this order on the supervising vice-Minister of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Minister of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
It is approved
Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan
March 9, 2017
It is approved
Minister of investments and development of the Republic of Kazakhstan
March 1, 2017
Approved by the Order of the Minister of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan of February 20, 2017, No. 59
1. This technical regulation "Nuclear and Radiation Safety of Research Nuclear Installations" (further - the Technical regulation) is developed according to the subitem 8) of part one of article 6 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About radiation safety of the population" and establishes requirements to ensuring nuclear and radiation safety of research nuclear installations with research nuclear reactors (further - IR), critical assemblies (further - KS) and subcritical assemblies (further - PKS) at all stages of their lifecycle.
2. Radiation-hazardous factors for personnel, the population and the environment in the conditions of normal operation of research nuclear installation (further - IYaU), in case of accidents and in case of mitigation of consequences of accidents are external scale, beta, neutron radiations, inhalation receipt in the organisms of radioactive gases and aerosols contaminated by radioactive materials of surface of rooms, production equipment and tools, packagings, overalls and additional resources of individual protection and also the gaseous, liquid and solid radioactive waste which is formed in case of operation of IYaU.
3. Sources of external radiation scale, beta radiators of different energies is nuclear fuel and products of its division, induced the activity of the heat carrier, designs, details of the reactor, products of their corrosion irradiated in active zone the materials and samples contaminated by radioactive materials (further - RV) the surfaces of rooms, production equipment and tools, packagings, overalls and additional resources of individual protection.
4. Source of neutron radiation is the active zone of the reactor. At the same time all range of neutrons - from bystry to thermal is implemented. Impact of neutrons is possible in the reactor hall during the operation of the reactor and near experimental channels in case of conclusion of neutron bunches for protection. On the stopped reactor starting sources, and also ampoules with transuranium isotopes in case of their destruction in case of audit and repair of processing equipment can be source of neutrons.
5. Sources of radioactive aerosols are nuclear fuel, the activated heat carrier, the irradiated materials placed in technology contours.
6. Sources of radioactive gases are:
1) the argon-41, which is formed in case of the radiation of the argon-40, which is airborne, filling constructive cavities of systems of the reactor or the attendee as impurity in the gases used for the technology purposes, liquids and heat carriers;
2) fragmental gaseous and easily flying fission products such as xenon, krypton, iodine and so on. The active zone of the reactor, contour of the heat carrier and gas systems is source of their allocation in the atmosphere of the working area in case of violation of hermeticity of designs or in case of insufficiently effective system operation of technology ventilation;
3) products of activation of the heat carrier and decelerator.
7. In this Technical regulation terms according to legislations of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of technical regulation and use of atomic energy, and also the following terms and determinations are applied:
1) management system and protection - the system intended for ensuring safe maintenance and the termination of chain reaction of division, combining functions of normal operation and function of security system (further - SB) and consisting of elements of control and management systems, the protective, managing and providing security systems;
2) working body (further - RO) management systems and protection (further - SUZ) - the device, is provided with change of provision or condition of which in active zone or in reflector of IYaU reactivity change;
3) active zone - part of the reactor in which nuclear fuel, the decelerator, absorber, reflector, the heat carrier, levers on the reactivity and elements of designs intended for implementation of the managed chain nuclear reaction of division and transmission of energy to the heat carrier are placed (in case of its use);
4) beyond design basis accident on IR - the accident caused by negligible initial events of project accidents or which is followed by refusals of security systems, additional in comparison with project accidents, over single refusal, implementation of wrong decisions of workers (personnel);
5) the fuel element (TVEL) - basic element of the nuclear reactor in which there is nuclear fuel nuclear fuel also is generated heat due to division of kernels;
6) the first contour of IR - complex (set) of channels (cavities) in the active zone of heterogeneous IR, pipelines and heat exchangers containing the heat carrier for chilling of active zone or the body of homogeneous IR with solution of nuclear materials (further - YAM) and pipelines on which YAM solution circulates;
7) start-up energy IR - the stage of input of IR in operation including pilot study of influence of temperature and capacity on neutron physical characteristics of IR, research of radiation situation during the work of IR on capacities and conclusion of IR to the nominal parameters set by the IYaU project;
8) project accident on IR - accident for which the IYaU project determines initial events, ways of course, end states and radiation effects.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.