of February 7, 2017 No. 1835-VIII
About anti-doping control in sport
This Law determines legal and organizational basis of implementation of anti-doping control in Ukraine, participations of the corresponding institutions, organizations and organizations in prevention, the prevention of application and distribution of dope in sport.
1. In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) anti-doping activities - the actions directed to prevention of use of dope in sport which include prevention, prevention of application and distribution of dope in sport, application of sanctions for violation of anti-doping rules;
2) anti-doping control - package of measures, the directed to fight against dope in sport, including anti-doping activities and drug test;
3) the anti-doping organization - the legal entity responsible for approval of rules of development, implementation and ensuring compliance with any element of drug test according to requirements of the International convention about fight against dope in sport;
4) anti-doping rules - rules (regulation) developed and approved by the anti-doping organization on the basis of requirements of the International convention about fight against dope in sport which determine conditions of implementation of sports activities and are directed to realization of the unified and harmonized principles of fight against dope in sport;
5) drug test - the process including planning, carrying out tests, selection, storage and transportation of doping tests, the laboratory analysis, researches, work with results, hearings and appeals;
6) the doping officer - person who underwent the corresponding training and authorized by the anti-doping organization on selection of doping tests;
7) doping test - any biological material which is selected for the purposes of drug test;
8) dope in sport - case of violation of anti-doping rules;
9) researches - development and enhancement of techniques of identification of the forbidden substances in products for special dietary consumption and techniques of identification of metabolites and markers of the forbidden substances in urine and other biological samples;
10) Convention - The international convention about fight against dope in sport ratified by the Law of Ukraine of August 3, 2006 No. 68-V;
11) the International standard for laboratories - the standard provided by Appendix 2 to the International convention about fight against dope in sport;
12) the International standard for testing - the standard provided by Appendix 3 to the International convention about fight against dope in sport;
13) testing - part of process of drug test, including scheduling of selection of doping tests, selection of doping tests, addresses with doping tests, including their storages, and also delivery of tests in laboratory.
1. The legislation of Ukraine on anti-doping control in sport is based on the Constitution of Ukraine and consists of this Law, the International convention on fight against dope in sport, the Anti-doping convention of the Council of Europe, the Law of Ukraine "About physical culture and sport" and other regulatory legal acts which regulate the corresponding legal relationship.
2. If the international treaty of Ukraine which consent to be bound is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine establishes other regulations, than those which are provided by this Law are applied regulations of the international treaty.
1. The organization of anti-doping control in Ukraine is determined by the Convention and anti-doping rules.
2. The organization and implementation of drug test in sport are assigned to the national anti-doping organization of Ukraine - the National anti-doping center which is specialized public institution. Features of activities of the National anti-doping center are determined by the provision approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
3. National anti-doping center:
1) approves anti-doping rules;
2) is provided by observance of international standards of anti-doping activities;
3) provides the organization of implementation of anti-doping rules;
4) is provided by carrying out the researches connected with determination of the forbidden substances;
5) issues permissions to therapeutic use of the forbidden substances;
6) is constituted by the annual plan of testing and holds such testings;
7) provides training of doping officers and authorizes them on conducting testings;
8) provides monitoring of results of testing and investigation of violations of anti-doping rules;
9) performs information and educational activities among subjects of sport;
10) performs other powers determined by this Law and Regulations on the National anti-doping center.
4. Financing of the National anti-doping center is performed at the expense of means of the government budget, other sources which are not forbidden by the legislation.
5. Testing is held by the National anti-doping center and/or other anti-doping organization determined according to requirements of the Convention.
6. The analysis of doping tests of athletes is carried out in the laboratories of drug test accredited according to requirements of the Convention.
1. The national anti-doping laboratory is created in the form of National Anti-doping Laboratory public joint stock company which 100 percent of shares belongs to the state.
The national anti-doping laboratory is formed based on laboratory of anti-doping control of the National anti-doping center.
Formation of National anti-doping laboratory is performed according to the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine according to the legislation taking into account the features determined by this Law.
2. The national anti-doping laboratory is created for the purpose of carrying out the laboratory analysis of doping tests according to the International standard for laboratories, the analysis of foodstuff and products for special dietary consumption for the purpose of identification of the forbidden substances, and also researches and developments of rather analytical techniques of identification of the forbidden substances.
1. Supervision of activities of the National anti-doping center and National anti-doping laboratory performs the Supervisory board of anti-doping control which is effective within the powers determined by this Law.
2. Supervisory board of anti-doping control:
Chooses 1) from the structure for five years of the chairman, the vice-chairman and the secretary of the Supervisory board of anti-doping control, makes the decision on the termination of their powers;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.