of February 15, 2017 No. PP-2777
About measures for further enhancement of currency circulation and development of calculations with use of bank plastic cards
Note that, despite the taken measures, on places there is low receipt level in cash desks of commercial banks of cash from retail trade and service industry because of non-use of cash registers and settlement terminals. As a result, considerable part of cash revenue distracts in extra bank turnover.
For the purpose of further enhancement of system of clearing settlements in the sphere of retail trade and rendering paid services to the population, ensuring completeness of accounting and involvement in bank turnover of cash, strict observance of the rights and consumer interests:
1. Establish procedure according to which since March 1, 2017 subjects of entrepreneurship, including individual entrepreneurs, in the sphere of retail trade and rendering paid services have no right to perform the activities without their obligatory equipment by the settlement terminals providing acceptance of payments from the population by means of plastic cards.
The subjects of electronic commerce realizing goods or services by means of electronic commerce including online stores and electronic trading platforms, have the right to perform the activities with use of the virtual terminals (E-P0S) providing the direction of the electronic check or other supporting document about payment acceptance.
To the State Tax Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan together with commercial banks, Banking association of Uzbekistan and the Single all-republican processing center:
to carry out inventory count of objects of retail trade and rendering paid services on availability of settlement terminals to ten-day time;
following the results of inventory count in the shortest possible time to provide installation of necessary number of settlement terminals, taking into account equipment with their, if necessary, technical means of uninterrupted electric food;
provide registration of again established settlement terminals within no more than three days from the date of receipt of the request of the subject of entrepreneurship.
At the same time for the handicraftsmen who do not have stationary trade places and performing trade in temporary places, use of cash registers and point-of-sale terminals, and also the requirement about collection of cash cash trade revenue in commercial banks is performed in voluntary procedure.
2. Determine that:
if subjects of entrepreneurship in the sphere of retail trade and rendering services artificially overstate or reduce the prices of implementable goods and services depending on form of payments for them with cash or according to plastic cards, such actions are violations of established procedure of use of settlement terminals on acceptance of payments according to plastic cards and attract imposing of penalty on them in the amount of 30-fold basic settlement size;
To the State Tax Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan to perform on permanent basis of subjects of entrepreneurship concerning overestimate or reduction of prices depending on payment method in cash or according to plastic cards, applications of cash registers, settlement terminals, and also issues in accordance with the established procedure of coupons and checks, collections (delivery in banks) cash revenue, according to established procedure, first of all in malls, the organizations of retail trade and service industry.
3. To Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan and commercial banks in a month:
review the mechanism of transfer of settlement terminals to lease and their realization in property to subjects of entrepreneurship, meaning creation of more favorable conditions for expansion of equipment and practical use of these settlement terminals;
for the purpose of stimulation of the consumer demand and productive activity of subjects of entrepreneurship, and also further development of system of clearing settlements to develop and approve package of measures for expansion of the modern mechanisms of short-term consumer lending of the population used in the international practice with use of plastic cards.
4. Provide, according to the procedure of exception, to commercial banks the right to sign during 2017-2018 contracts without carrying out the tender and competitive biddings, according to technical characteristics of the processing Centers, for import of settlement payment terminals, self-service terminals, ATMs and other corresponding equipment.
5. To the ministry of development of information technologies and communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan together with JSC Uzbekenergo to provide high-quality and uninterrupted communication of objects of retail trade and rendering the services equipped with settlement terminals on acceptance of payments by means of plastic cards, having paid special attention on the mountain and remote regions of the republic.
6. To service on control and coordination of work with appeals of physical persons and legal entities of the Office of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan:
exercise system monitoring and control of consideration of appeals of the legal entities and physical persons which arrived in National receptions and the Virtual reception President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the facts of violations in case of cash disbursement of funds from accounts in banks and implementation of payments with use of plastic cards;
together with the Central bank and the State Tax Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan, in case of confirmation of the facts specified in addresses in three-day time to take specific measures for their elimination and accountability of perpetrators according to the procedure, established by the legislation.
7. To the State Tax Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on regular basis to carry out explanatory work, including through mass media, among subjects there are entrepreneurships about measures of responsibility for implementation of activities without application of control cash registers and settlement terminals for acceptance of payments according to plastic cards.
8. To Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, khokimiyats of areas and Tashkent together with the Uzbek news agency and information, National broadcasting company of Uzbekistan, the State Tax Committee, the State committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on privatization, demonopolization and development of the competition, Chamber of Commerce and Industry in week time to develop schedules of lighting and explanation in mass media and it is direct to the population of the regulations and rules of sales of goods and fee following from this resolution.
9. To the State Tax Committee, the Central bank, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Uzbekistan together with the interested ministries and departments in two weeks to make in the Cabinet of Ministers offers on the changes and amendments in the legislation following from this resolution.
10. To impose control of execution of this resolution on the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan A. N. Aripov and the chairman of the Central bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan F. M. Mullazhanov.
President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.