It is registered
Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
January 12, 2017
of December 8, 2016 No. 661
About approval of Rules of accomplishment of flights by pilotless aviation complexes of the state aircraft of Ukraine
According to Articles 7, 45 Air codes of Ukraine and for the purpose of determination of procedure for accomplishment of flights by pilotless aviation complexes of the state aircraft of Ukraine I order:
1. Approve Rules of accomplishment of flights by pilotless aviation complexes of the state aircraft of Ukraine which are attached.
Minister of Defence of Ukraine general of Ukraine
S. T. Poltorak
Approved by the Order of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine of December 8, 2016 No. 661
1. These rules determine procedure for the organization and carrying out flights of pilotless aviation complexes of the state aircraft of Ukraine (further - GA), are obligatory for management and execution by all subjects of aviation activities (further - the GARDEN) for HECTARE, and also military units (organizations) of the central executive bodies (further - TsOIV), the Armed Forces of Ukraine (further - AFU) and other military forming formed according to the laws of Ukraine (further - GVF) as a part of which there are divisions on use of pilotless aviation complexes, and are regulated:
on general procedure for the organization and carrying out flights by the pilotless GA aviation complexes - the Rules of accomplishment of flights of the state aircraft of Ukraine approved by the order of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine of January 5, 2015 No. 2, registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on January 26, 2015 for No. 82/26527 (further - Rules VP HECTARES);
about procedure for accomplishment of flights by the pilotless GA aviation complexes in airspace of Ukraine - the Rules of flights of the state aircraft in airspace of Ukraine approved by the order of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine of December 9, 2015 No. 700, registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on December 24, 2015 at No. 1622/28067 (further - Rules PGA).
These Rules are developed taking into account standards and recommended practice of International Civil Aviation Organization (further - IKAT) and the North Atlantic Treaty Organizations (NATO).
2. In these rules terms are used in the following values:
pilotless aviation complex (pilotless aviation system) (further BPAK) - the drone aircraft (further - AF), the related Items of remote piloting (the station of land management) (further - PDP), the necessary lines of management and control and other elements specified in the approved BPAK project. BPAK can turn on several UAV;
pilotless AF - the unmanned aerial vehicle (further - the UAV) - AF whose flight control and control behind which it is exercised remotely by means of PDP located out of AF, or AF, makes flight autonomous according to the appropriate program;
visual flight within direct visibility - flight during which the external pilot (operator) of the UAV supports direct visual contact with the UAV without use of accessory optic instruments;
data link communication - communication type which is intended for exchange of information on air-ground data link;
information on movement - information which arrives from control air traffic for the prevention of the external pilot (operator) about another known or noticed by AF which can be near the location of the UAV or the planned flight track and helps the external pilot (operator) to prevent collision;
flight manual of pilotless aviation complexes (further RLE BPAK) - management which includes operations procedure in usual, special and emergency situations, check lists, restrictions, information on flight technical characteristics, data on the UAV both each PDP suitable model, and other materials connected with operation of BPAK;
control of the unmanned aerial vehicle - the actions of the external pilot (operator) of BPAK directed to accomplishment of piloting, navigation, fighting application and operation of the UAV;
the line of management and control - air-ground data link between the UAV and PDP for the purpose of management of the UAV;
unmarked runway site of pilotless aviation complexes (further - NVPP) - the site of earth's, water or other surface after carrying out reconnaissance of the area determined for accomplishment of separate tasks and the UAV, suitable for take off and landing;
hand-over function - action which consists in hand-over function which is connected with management of the UAV, from one external pilot (operator) to another or UAV hand-over function from one PDP to another. The handover procedures is determined by RLE BPAK;
visibility - external sign of AF (for example, the lighting equipment or paint scheme) which allows other persons (for example, to members of external crew, faces of group of management of flights, aeronautical personnel) easy to see or notice it;
rest time - the continuous and established period after and/or accomplishment of service duties during which members of external crew are exempted from all service duties.
Other terms used in these rules are applied in the values given in the Air code of Ukraine, Regulations on use of airspace of Ukraine approved by the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of March 29, 2002 No. 401 (further - Regulations on VPPU), Rules VP HECTARES, rules PGA.
3. UAVs (except autonomous) are piloted with PDP with use of the line of management and control. During flight of management of the UAV it is performed with one or from several PDP (but by no means not at the same time).
4. PDP is portable device or the multiconsole (one-console) station. PDP are in rooms or out of rooms and can be stationary or mobile (established on transport means / ship / AF or figurative).
UAVs (except autonomous) are piloted from any approved PDP type or several PDP which are located together or separately and from which reliable and effective hand-over function with flight from one PDP to another is provided.
5. The line of management and control is simplex or duplex, it is used in the conditions of direct radio visibility (line of sight - LOS) or out of radio visibility (beyond line of sight - BLOS):
1) LOS - the transmitter and the receiver are in limits of the action area of the mutual communication link and interact directly or through terrestrial network provided that the remote transmitter is in limits of LOS with the UAV;
2) BLOS - any configuration in which the transmitter and the receiver are not in limits of LOS. The concept BLOS covers any systems (land, air, satellite) within which PDP interacts with one or several PDP.
6. In structure of BPAK depending on classification of unmanned aerial vehicles of pilotless aviation complexes (appendix 1) also following components enter:
1) communicating device with control air traffic (further - the Department of Internal Affairs) (air traffic maintenance (further - Department of Internal Affairs)) and the observation equipment (means of voice radio communication, communication "the head flights - the external pilot (operator)" on air-ground data link, system of broadcasting automatic dependent surveillance, the transponder of secondary surveillance radar, etc.);
2) aid to navigation;
3) the equipment providing take off and landing of the UAV (depending on takeoff technique and landing);
4) calculator of flight control, flight control system and auto pilot;
5) monitoring equipment of technical condition of complex;
6) flight suspension which allows in emergency situation controlled safely to complete flight;
7) the equipment providing return of the UAV to the area of take-off in case of incapacitation of the line of management and control;
8) arms and special equipment for accomplishment of combat and special missions (use of aviation weapons of destruction, investigations and targetings, radio-electronic fight, observation and monitoring of objects, territory, etc.).
1. In case of accomplishment of flights on exercises of rates of combat training, programs of flight training, rates of educational flight training (further - KBP) the UAV shall have the corresponding degree of visibility for ensuring observation of it with external pilots, the aeronautical personnel involved in accomplishment of flights of the UAV and personnel for the benefit of which these flights are carried out.
2. All UAVs which carry out flights at night shall have the special equipment for such flights. During flights at night on all UAVs since launch until the end of flight (shutdown of engines) marker navigation lights, except the UAV, the carrying-out combat missions shall be included.
3. UAVs are equipped with airborne facilities of objective control (further - SOK) which registers flight parameters. The SOK installation on PDP is allowed.
4. The corresponding identification signs according to requirements of the Regulations on identification signs which are applied on air vehicles of the state aircraft of Ukraine, the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine approved by the order of July 20, 2015 to No. 347, registered in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on August 4, 2015 for No. 935/27380 are applied on the UAV. If the size or configuration of the UAV excludes drawing these signs, on the UAV the distinctive plate is established or number is in a visible place put.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.