of January 25, 2017 No. 61-r
About approval of Strategy of reforming of system of public service of Ukraine on emergency situations
1. Approve the Strategy of reforming of system of Public service on emergency situations which is applied.
2. Public service on emergency situations to submit annually till February 10 to the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine the report on the course of accomplishment of the Strategy approved by this order.
Prime Minister of Ukraine
Approved by the Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of January 25, 2017 No. 61-r
Determination of problem to which solution Strategy is directed
The existing GSChS system does not allow to carry out in full the tasks assigned to Service on realization of state policy in the field of civil protection, ensuring proper level of health and safety of the population, its protection against emergency situations, the fires and other dangerous events.
Forces of civil protection and means of GSChS not always provide timely emergency response, the fires and other dangerous events because of their remoteness from places of emergence of such events, and also have limited opportunities for creation of effective and efficient group of forces for overcoming negative effects of large-scale emergency situations, including during the special period.
The system of the state supervision in the field of fire and technogenic safety has excessive regulatory influence on subjects of managing that leads to decrease in level of credibility of such subjects and the populations, and also negatively affects the investment climate in the country.
Considering specified, and also the changes happening in the state in connection with decentralization of the power, reforming of security system and defense of the state, transfer of separate powers on the organization and ensuring fire extinguishing and emergency response from state bodies in local government bodies cause need of carrying out reforming of the GSChS system.
Are basic reasons of emergence of problem:
excessive quantity of objects on which are performed observance of requirements of the legislation and other regulatory legal acts concerning technogenic and fire safety, civil protection that leads to their low-quality carrying out (control) by state supervision body in the field of technogenic and fire safety;
economically imperfect organization of emergency response, the fires and other dangerous events as the majority of actions is financed from the government budget that does not allow to contain the necessary number of the state rescue and fire fighting divisions, to perform their proper completing, material logistics and equipment;
remoteness of the state rescue and fire fighting divisions of GSChS from certain settlements in the rural zone that leads to untimely provision of the help by them to the population in case of emergency situations, the fires and other dangerous events;
discrepancy of material logistics of forces of civil protection which are a part of the system of GSChS to modern requirements (more than 80 percent of units of the special equipment are operated more than 30 years and are subject to replacement), the obsolete park of the aircraft equipment and lack of modern rescue ocean ships that complicates accomplishment of the international obligations by Ukraine concerning aviation works on search and rescue in zone which includes the territory of Ukraine and the water area of the Black and Azov seas within which Ukraine provides aviation search and rescue, is absent reserve of the equipment, material and technical means for creation of special forming of GSChS for the special period.
The purpose of Strategy is reforming of the GSChS system and increase in its capability on ensuring accomplishment in interaction with other components of the sector of safety and defense of tasks on counteraction to threats of homeland security in the field of civil protection.
Ways and methods of the problem resolution, strategy implementation term
The problem resolution is supposed to be performed in the way:
transition from system of the state supervision (control) in the field of fire and technogenic safety to system of prevention of emergence of emergency situations and prevention of the fires;
enhancement of the legislation on accomplishment of the main objectives (functions) in the field of fire and technogenic safety local government bodies;
rendering the methodical and practical help to local government bodies on creation new and to reforming of the existing rescue and fire fighting divisions (fire brigades) of local and voluntary fire protection in the integrated territorial communities;
optimizations of structure and number of GSChS at all levels, reorganization of forces of civil protection which are a part of the system of GSChS, taking into account the tasks assigned to them;
building-ups of material and technical resources of forces of civil protection and their technical retrofitting by the modern equipment.
Strategy implementation is supposed to be enabled in three stages during 2017-2020.
At the first stage (2017) it is provided:
preparation of offers on introduction of amendments to the laws relatively:
- normative and legal settlement concerning implementation of the state supervision (control) in the field of fire and technogenic safety by obligatory conducting planned inspections only subjects of managing with high risk from implementation of economic activity and public institutions, and also introduction of insurance civil subjects of managing with average and insignificant risk degree for harm which can be caused to the third parties or their property, other legal entities owing to emergence of emergency situation or the fire on real estate object which belongs to them, or on object which belongs to the sphere of their management (use) as alternatives to planned actions of the state supervision (control);
- implementation of the Directive 2012/18/EU of the European parliament and Council of July 4, 2012 about control of the major accidents connected with dangerous substances (SEVEZO III) including regarding determination of criteria of control of the state of objects of the increased danger;
- transfers of property complexes of the state rescue and fire fighting divisions and other property of GSChS from state in utility property;
- assignment on local government bodies of powers on ensuring fire safety of settlements and the territories;
- stimulations of participation of citizens in local and voluntary fire protection;
- strengthenings of responsibility of heads of subjects of managing for violation of requirements of fire and technogenic safety by implementation of efficient administrative sanctions;
preparation of offers on introduction of amendments to acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine relatively:
- review of criteria which determine risk degree from implementation of economic activity, for the purpose of reduction of number of subjects of managing with high risk;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.