of November 4, 1991 No. 1777-XII
About frontier of Ukraine
Ukraine, being guided by the Constitution of Ukraine, the Declaration on the state sovereignty of Ukraine and the Act of declaration of independence of Ukraine, steadily pursues peace policy, supports strengthening of safety of the people of Ukraine proceeding from the principles of inviolability of the frontiers which are reflection of territorial integrity, political and economic independence, sovereignty and unity of Ukraine. The frontier of Ukraine is inviolable. Its any violations are resolutely stopped.
The frontier of Ukraine is the line and the vertical surface passing across this line, the determining limits of the territory of Ukraine - sushi, waters, subsoil, airspace.
The frontier of Ukraine is determined by the Constitution and the laws of Ukraine, and also international treaties of Ukraine which consent to be bound is this the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Protection of frontier of Ukraine is integral part of nation-wide system of ensuring national security and consists in the coordinated activities of military forming and law enforcement agencies of the state which organization and procedure for activities are determined by the law. These activities are carried out within the powers conferred to them by acceptance of complex of political, organization-legal, diplomatic, economic, military, boundary, immigration, prospecting, counterprospecting, operational search, nature protection, sanitary and quarantine, ecological, technical and other measures.
Coordination of activities of military forming and law enforcement agencies of the state on protection of frontier is performed by the State Border Service of Ukraine.
Protection of frontier of Ukraine is the integral constituting nation-wide system of protection of frontier and consists in implementation by the State Border Service of Ukraine on the land, the sea, the rivers, lakes and other reservoirs, and also the Armed Forces of Ukraine in air and underwater space according to the powers of measures conferred to them for the purpose of ensuring immunity of frontier of Ukraine.
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine within the powers takes measures for ensuring protection and protection of frontier and territory of Ukraine.
The frontier of Ukraine if other is not provided by international treaties of Ukraine, is established:
1) on the land - on characteristic points and lines of relief or it is clear to visible reference points;
2) at the sea - on external limit of the territorial sea of Ukraine;
H) on the navigable rivers - on the middle of the main waterway or thalweg of the river; on the non-navigable rivers (streams) - on their middle or on the middle of the main sleeve of the river; on lakes and other reservoirs - in a straight line, the frontier of Ukraine connecting exits to coast of the lake or other reservoir. The frontier of Ukraine passing down the river (stream), the lake or other reservoir does not move as in case of change of outline of their coast or water level, and in case of variation of the bed of the river (stream) to this or that party;
4) on water storage basins of water-engineering systems and other artificial reservoirs - according to the line of frontier of Ukraine passing on the area before their filling;
5) on the railway and road bridges, dikes and other constructions passing through boundary sections of the navigable and non-navigable rivers (streams) - on the middle of these constructions or on their technological axis, irrespective of passing of frontier of Ukraine on water.
The frontier of Ukraine on the area is designated clearly by visible border markers, forms which size and procedure for establishment are determined by the legislation of Ukraine and international treaties of Ukraine.
Document approval of demarcation of frontier of Ukraine is performed by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine if another is not provided by international treaties of Ukraine which consent to be bound is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Document storage of demarcation of frontier of Ukraine is performed by the State Border Service of Ukraine in the procedure established by the legislation of Ukraine.
Coastal sea waters 12 nautical miles wide, counted from the line of the greatest outflow both on the continent, and on the islands belonging to Ukraine or from the direct initial lines connecting the corresponding points belong to the territorial sea of Ukraine. Geographical coordinates of these points affirm according to the procedure, established by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. In some cases other width of the territorial sea of Ukraine can be established by international treaties of Ukraine, and in the absence of agreements - according to the conventional principles of N rules of international law.
Treat internal waters of Ukraine:
1) the sea waters located towards the coast from the direct initial lines accepted for counting of width of the territorial sea of Ukraine;
2) the waters of the ports of Ukraine limited to the line passing through the permanent port installations which are most acting towards the sea;
3) waters of gulfs, bays, lips and estuaries, harbors and raids which coast completely belong to Ukraine, to the straight line drawn from the coast to the coast in the place where from the sea one or several passes is for the first time formed if width of each of them does not exceed 24 nautical miles;
4) waters of the gulfs, bays, lips and estuaries, seas and passages which are historically belonging to Ukraine;
5) the part of underground water objects, and also waters of the rivers, lakes and other reservoirs limited to the line of frontier which coast belong to Ukraine.
Boundary issues with the adjacent states are resolved by Ukraine on the basis of reciprocity and neighborliness according to this Law, other acts of the legislation of Ukraine and international treaties of Ukraine.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.