of November 23, 2016 No. 1268
About approval of the Regulations on physical safety when implementing nuclear and radiological activities
In pursuance of Law No. 132 provisions of June 8, 2012 on safe implementation of nuclear and radiological activities (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2012, Art. No. 229-233, 739) DECIDES: the Government
Approve Regulations on physical safety when implementing nuclear and radiological activities it (is applied).
minister of the environment
To Valeriu Muntyan
to the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova of November 23, 2016 No. 1268
1. This Regulations on physical safety when implementing nuclear and radiological activities (further – the Provision) are developed for the purpose of realization of provisions of Item e) Articles 2, of Item e) Articles 11, of Items f), j), l) and n) Articles 20, of part (3) Articles 30, articles 35 and 37 of the Law No. 132 of June 8, 2012 on safe implementation of nuclear and radiological activities (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2012, Art. No. 229-233, 739) and creations of the necessary regulatory base for partial application of provisions of the Directive of the European Council 2009/71/Evratom of June 25, 2009, the establishing basis of Community on nuclear safety of nuclear installations.
2. Physical safety of nuclear and radiation objects and installations, nuclear and radioactive materials in case of their storage, use and transportation is performed according to this Provision.
3. The provision contains requirements to designing of object, implementation and maintenance of a number of measures for ensuring physical safety for the authorized activities with nuclear and radioactive materials, and also safe operation of installations with nuclear and radioactive materials.
4. In this Provision the concepts specified in article 4 of the Law No. 132 of June 8, 2012 on safe implementation of nuclear and radiological activities and also the following concepts are used:
risk analysis – detailed consideration of offers concerning systems and measures of physical protection for the purpose of their assessment and approval;
response forces – the personnel, regular or freelance employees properly equipped and trained for prevention of attempt of plunder of nuclear and radioactive materials or making of the act of sabotage;
unauthorized movement – theft or illegal storage of radioactive and nuclear materials or radioactive sources;
the plan of physical safety – the document developed by the applicant on receipt of authorization and provided to National agency on regulation of nuclear and radiological activities (further – the National agency) as part of the file for authorization which is the detailed description of the technical and administrative measures provided when using, transporting and storage of nuclear and radioactive materials for the purpose of prevention of their plunder, loss and neutralization of the acts of sabotage directed against nuclear and radiological installations and objects and also for recovery of control over these materials in case of their loss or theft according to provisions of Items k) and l) article 20 of the Law No. 132 of June 8, 2012 on safe implementation of nuclear and radiological activities;
the protected zone – the territory which is constantly observed by security service specialists and/or by means of technical means, surrounded with physical barrier with limited number of controlled sidings;
especially important zone – zone in which there are nuclear or radioactive materials, the equipment, devices or systems which can be especially vulnerable to acts of diversion, sabotage or theft.
5. The concept of physical safety shall provide the following main objectives:
1) prevention of illegal actions;
2) timely identification of illegal actions;
3) restriction or suspension of access for violators;
4) acceptance of response measures on the events connected with physical safety, response to unauthorized actions of violators, their neutralization for the purpose of suppression of unauthorized actions.
6. In case of establishment of system of physical safety are taken into account:
1) provisions of regulations in the field of the state control and supervision in nuclear and radiological area, the mode of nuclear guarantees, nuclear and radiological safety, including during transportation of nuclear and radioactive materials;
2) measures for ecological, fire, electric, technical safety;
3) the increase of role of cyber security, information security, technical requirements and software used for physical safety;
4) restriction of access for employees to the systems and elements connected with physical safety;
5) compliance of system of physical safety to requirements imposed to object depending on category of the object which is subject to physical safety.
7. The stages and specific works concerning system of physical safety are given in technical requirements of system of physical safety and include the following stages: preliminary project, project, project implementation, commissioning of system of physical safety, efficiency evaluation of system of physical safety.
8. The stage of the preliminary project includes the following actions:
1) research of vulnerability of object and efficiency evaluation of the offered system of physical safety;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.