to the Order of the Minister of investments and development of the Republic of Kazakhstan of April 30, 2015 No. 545
Rules of transportations of mailings by rail
1. These rules of transportations of mailings by railway transport (further – Rules) are developed according to the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan of December 8, 2001 "About rail transport" (further – the Law), of July 5, 2004 "About communication" and of April 9, 2016 "About mail" and determine procedure for transportation of mailings by rail which include:
1) transportation of mailings in mail vans of passenger trains;
2) calculations for transportation of mailings;
3) document creation on transportation of mail.
2. In these rules the following concepts are used:
1) Item of forming of the passenger train – station of origin of the passenger train on rout to follow on which the train and the crew of train servicing this train (the guard of train, the train electrician and conductors) is created.
2) Item of turnover of the passenger train – terminal station of rout to follow of the passenger train;
3) the mail van – the car which is specially intended and equipped for transportation of mailings;
4) transportation route – the travel line of the rail vehicles transporting mailings between the Items established initial and final determined in the course of the organization of transportations.
3. Mailings it can be transported on all railway services.
4. The mailings which underwent inspection regarding absence in them dangerous investments (substances) are allowed to transportation.
5. Mailings are followed by authorized employees of operator of mail and/or service of special communication.
6. The carrier according to the schedule of movement of passenger trains takes all necessary measures for transportation of mailings and departures of special communication to destinations. The carrier provides turning on of one mail van in structures of fast, passenger, post and luggage trains in case of approval of the scheme of forming of trains in coordination with the National operator of mail. The carrier provides turning on of two and more mail vans if technical parameters of trains allow.
7. Trains which turn on mail vans are determined by carrier by representation of the operator of mail.
8. Giving cleaning, hitching of mail vans and their sediment on railway tracks within the station is made at the expense of the operator of mail on contractual basis according to the procedure by statutory rules of the carriages of goods by railway transport approved according to subitem 34-15) of Item 2 of article 14 of the Law.
9. If in technical parameters it is impossible to turn on the mail van in the train offered by the operator of mail, the carrier offers the corresponding train plying along this route.
10. If during action of the established schedule frequency of running of trains which structure switches on mail vans, carrier in coordination with the operator of mail is cancelled or reduced turns on mail vans in structures of other trains if technical parameters allow.
11. In case of development of the new traffic schedule of passenger trains the national railway company reports about it to the operator of mail not later than one month before introduction it in action in time.
12. The non-inclusion in structure or uncoupling of the mail vans provided by the scheme of forming of trains is not allowed, except technically defective cars.
13. About change of the place of the mail van in the train, or the inevitable uncoupling of the mail van for technical and other reasons along the line caused by technical need, the carrier without delay informs the operator of mail.
14. When release the mail van by the station commander and chief of the mail van the statement with indication of the uncoupling reason in triplicate is drawn up. One copy is sent to division of the operator of mail to which the car is attributed.
15. In case of scrap (accident) with cars in which mailings, the station commander where there was defects (accident) in train and shunting operation are transported or the station commander who received the notification on scrap (accident) without delay informs on it by phone or other available communicating device, the chief of the nearest division of the operator of mail. In this case journey of the division manager of the operator of mail as a part of emergency train is allowed to the place of scrap (accident). The station commander needs to give to employees of operator of mail help labor power or other means in protection and overload of mailings and departures of special communication in other cars, and also for the further direction of mailings to destination.
16. About any case of damage or destruction of mailings the statement behind joint signatures of employees of carrier and operator of mail with indication of the reasons and the list of the destroyed or damaged mailings is drawn up. The copy of the act is handed to employees of operator of mail.
17. Maintenance of mail vans in technically serviceable condition, maintenance, depot and major repair of mail vans are made at the expense of the operator of mail according to plans and characteristics, in the terms established for passenger railway vehicles. Survey, technical maintenance of the main nodes (carts, wheel pairs, automatic brakes, automatic couplings, the generator drive, buffer sets) and the running uncoupling repair is made by forces of carrier.
18. Maintenance of indoor equipment, including electric equipment, replacement of nodes and aggregates of electrical and indoor equipment is performed by forces of national railway company (carrier) at the expense of means of the operator of mail based on the agreement, except the defects which occurred on carrier's fault or national railway company (carrier).
19. Acceptance of trains at stations where exchange of mail and departures of special communication is established, is made on the way determined by technical and administrative acts of the station, and in other cases the station supervisor beforehand informs division of the operator of mail of the place of stop of the mail van.
20. Exchange of mailings is performed in the parking time established by the schedule. The delay of trains because of unavailability of mail is not allowed.
21. In case of delay of trains in structure which mailings and reducings parking in exchange bureaus are transported the employee of carrier informs the chief of the mail van and the operator of mail in oral form.
22. Expenses (losses) incurred by carrier in case of delay because of the operator of mail of the passenger train as a part of which mail vans follow are compensated by the operator of mail.
23. Reducing time of parking of trains at stations where exchange of mail is made is not allowed duration of which constitutes less than five minutes.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.