of December 1, 2003 No. UP-3357
About amnesty in connection with the eleventh anniversary of adoption of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Due to the eleventh anniversary of adoption of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, being guided by the principle of humanity, based on Item 20 of article 93 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, I decide:
1. Exempt from punishment of convicts for the crimes which are not especially heavy:
a) the women serving sentence for the crimes committed for the first time;
b) persons to whom at the time of crime execution 18 years were not performed;
c) persons, to the introduction of this Decree in force in the procedure for the first and second groups recognized by disabled people established by the law;
d) the men who reached on the date of the introduction of this Decree owing to 60-year age;
e) faces which no more than in one year prior to the introduction of this Decree in force, according to the decision of medical commissions of medical institutions on execution of punishments or at the place of residence are recognized as the suffering serious illness interfering serving sentence;
e) citizens of the foreign states which were constantly living before crime execution outside the Republic of Uzbekistan and not having legal causes for stay in the Republic of Uzbekistan after release.
2. Exempt from punishment of the persons who committed crimes on imprudence, and also for the first time condemned persons if they commit not constituting big public danger or less serious crimes
3. Exempt from punishment of persons, for the first time convicts to imprisonment whose remaining balance of term of punishment does not exceed two years.
4. Exempt from punishment of the persons who firmly followed way of correction condemned to imprisonment for a period of up to ten years inclusive for participation in activities of the extremist organizations, making in their crime components against the constitutional system of the Republic of Uzbekistan or other acts against public safety.
5. Stop all investigative cases and cases which are not considered by courts about the crimes committed by persons listed in article 1 of this Decree and also about the crimes which are not constituting big public danger.
6. Reduce to persons which are not subject to release - based on this Decree, not left part of term of punishment:
a) condemned for intentional crimes to imprisonment for a period of up to ten years inclusive - on one quarter,
b) condemned for intentional crimes to imprisonment for the term of over ten years - on one fifth.
7. Not extend:
a) operation of this Decree - on especially dangerous recidivists, persons who are systematically breaking the serving sentence mode and also on the persons who were earlier exempted from punishment according to the procedure of pardon or amnesty and again committed intentional crimes;
b) operation of articles 1-3, 5, 6 these Decrees - on persons condemned for participation in activities of the extremist organizations, making in their crime components against the constitutional system of the Republic of Uzbekistan or other acts against public safety.
8. The decree becomes effective from the date of publication and is subject to execution within three months.
Republic of Uzbekistan I. Karimov
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.