of April 30, 1999 No. UP-2287
About amnesty in connection with the announcement on May 9 - in the Afternoon and honors
In connection with the announcement on May 9 - in the Afternoon and honors, and also being guided by the principle of humanity, based on Item 20 of article 93 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan I decide:
1. Exempt from custodial sanction, and also from the punishments which are not connected with imprisonment, convicts:
a) participants of World War II and persons equated to them, and also persons who were taking part in recovery from the accident on the Chernobyl NPP;
b) 60 years are more senior than women, men;
c) persons who committed crimes at minor age;
d) disabled people of the first and second groups;
e) the foreign citizens who are subject to amnesty;
e) the persons condemned by courts of other states and transferred to the Republic of Uzbekistan for further departure of punishment, and who are subject to amnesty.
2. Exempt from punishment of the persons condemned to imprisonment for a period of up to three years inclusive or to the punishments which are not connected with imprisonment, and also condemned for the crimes committed on imprudence to imprisonment up to five years inclusive.
3. Exempt from punishment of persons, for the first time convicts to imprisonment for a period of up to six years inclusive and served at least one quarter of the appointed punishment sentence.
4. Exempt from punishment of persons, for the first time convicts to imprisonment for a period of up to ten years inclusive and the served at least a half of the appointed punishment sentence except for condemned for the crimes listed in article 10 of this Decree.
5. Exempt from punishment of persons condemned for the crimes committed on imprudence to imprisonment for the term of over five years and the served at least one quarter of the appointed punishment sentence.
6. Exempt from places of detention of convicts concerning which by day of the publication of this Decree, according to the law it is possible to apply parole or replacement of the imposed penalty on softer.
7. Transfer to colonies settlements of the persons condemned to imprisonment for a period of up to ten years inclusive and who served at least a half of the appointed punishment sentence.
8. Stop production all investigative cases and cases which are not considered by courts on the crimes committed by persons listed in article 1 of this Decree and also about the crimes which are not constituting big public danger for which the law does not prescribe custodial sanctions.
9. Reduce to persons which are not subject to release based on this Decree, unexpired part of term of punishment:
a) condemned for intentional crimes to imprisonment for a period of up to ten years inclusive - on one third, and condemned for the crimes committed on imprudence - half;
b) condemned for intentional crimes to imprisonment for the term of over ten years - on one quarter.
10. 6, 8 these Decrees not to extend operation of articles 1-3, to persons who committed the crimes provided by Articles 150-163, 216, 216-1, 216-2, 244-1, part 2 Articles 246, parts 2, 3 Articles 247, parts 2, 3 Articles 248, part 3 Articles 270, part 3 Articles 271, Articles 272, of 273 UK RUZ condemned for especially serious crimes, recognized by especially dangerous recidivists, and also which committed crimes as a part of organized groups or in its interests, or criminal society (except for the persons condemned on the Items "and, in" of part 4 of article 167 UK RUZ, foreign citizens the committed crimes provided by Articles 272, of 273 UK RUZ, and also for the first time condemned women).
Not to extend operation of article 9 of this Decree to persons who committed the crimes provided by Articles 150-163, 216, 216-1, 216-2, 242, 244-1, parts 2, 3 Articles 247, parts 2, 3 articles 248 of the Criminal code of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Not apply this Decree to the convicts who are systematically breaking the serving sentence mode, and also committed intentional crimes after application of acts of amnesty concerning them or pardon.
11. The decree becomes effective from the date of publication and is subject to execution within four months.
Republic of Uzbekistan I. Karimov
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.