of December 1, 1998 No. UP-2150
About amnesty in connection with the sixth anniversary of adoption of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Due to the sixth anniversary of adoption of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, being guided by the principle of humanity, based on Item 20 of article 93 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, I decide:
1. Exempt from custodial sanction, and also from the punishments which are not connected with imprisonment, convicts:
a) participants of World War II and persons equated to them, and also persons who were taking part in recovery from the accident on the Chernobyl NPP;
b) 60 years are more senior than women;
c) persons who committed crimes at minor age;
d) disabled people of the first and second groups.
2. Exempt from punishment of persons condemned to imprisonment for a period of up to 3 years inclusive and also convicts to the punishments which are not connected with imprisonment.
3. Exempt from punishment of the persons condemned to imprisonment for a period of up to 5 years inclusive and who served at least 1/4 parts of the appointed punishment sentence.
4. Exempt from punishment of persons condemned for the crimes committed on imprudence to imprisonment for the term of over 5 years and the served at least a half of the appointed punishment sentence.
5. Stop production all investigative cases and cases which are not considered by courts about the crimes which are not constituting big public danger for which the law does not prescribe punishments in type imprisonment.
6. Reduce to persons which are not subject to release based on this Decree, unexpired part of term of punishment:
a) condemned for intentional crimes to imprisonment for a period of up to 5 years inclusive, and also committed crimes on imprudence - half;
b) condemned for intentional crimes to imprisonment for the term of over 5 years - on one quarter.
7. 5, 6 these Decrees not to extend operation of articles 1-3, to the persons who committed the crimes provided by Articles 150-163, 247, of 248, parts 2 and 3 of Article 270, Articles 271, of 272, 273 Criminal codes of the Republic of Uzbekistan, condemned for especially serious crimes (except the Item "and" of part 4 of article 167 of the Criminal code of the Republic of Uzbekistan) recognized by especially dangerous recidivists, and also committed crimes as a part of organized groups or criminal society.
Not apply this amnesty to the convicts who are systematically breaking the serving sentence mode and also to committed crime after application of acts of amnesty concerning them or pardon.
8. The decree becomes effective from the date of publication and is subject to execution within four months.
Republic of Uzbekistan I. Karimov
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.