of August 7, 1996 No. UP-1502
About amnesty in connection with the 5th anniversary of declaration of independence of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Due to the 5th anniversary of independence of the Republic of Uzbekistan, being guided by the principle of humanity, based on Item 20 of article 93 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, I decide:
1. Exempt from custodial sanction, and also from the punishments which are not connected with imprisonment, convicts:
a) participants of World War II and persons equated to them, and also persons who were taking part in recovery from the accident on the Chernobyl NPP;
b) women and minors;
c) 60 years are more senior than men;
d) disabled people of the first and second groups.
2. Exempt from punishment of persons, for the first time convicts to imprisonment for a period of up to three years inclusive, and also convicts to other punishments which are not connected with imprisonment.
3. Exempt from punishment of persons, for the first time convicts to imprisonment for a period of up to five years inclusive and served at least one third of the appointed punishment sentence.
4. Exempt from punishment of the persons condemned for careless crimes to imprisonment for a period of up to ten years inclusive and who served at least a half of the appointed punishment sentence.
5. Stop production all investigative cases and cases which are not considered by courts about the crimes committed to the introduction of the Decree in force:
a) the persons listed in Article 1 and who are not getting under operation of article 7 of the Decree;
b) persons who committed the crimes which are not constituting big public danger.
6. Reduce to persons which are not subject to release based on this Decree, unexpired part of term of punishment:
a) condemned for the first time for intentional crimes to imprisonment for a period of up to five years inclusive, and also committed crimes on imprudence - half;
b) condemned for intentional crimes to imprisonment for the term of over five years - on one quarter.
7. Not extend operation of articles 1-5 of the Decree to convicts for especially serious crimes (except for persons condemned according to the item "and" of part 4 of article 167 UK), for crimes as a part of organized criminal groups, for the crimes connected with firearms and sale (sale) of drugs, to especially dangerous recidivists, and also malicious violators of the mode of serving sentence.
Not reduce punishment to malicious violators of the mode according to article 6 of the Decree.
8. The decree becomes effective from the date of publication and is subject to execution within four months.
Republic of Uzbekistan I. Karimov
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.