of August 19, 2016 No. 467
About approval of the National plan of response to nuclear and radiation accidents
According to the subitem 7) of article 5 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About use of atomic energy" the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan DECIDES:
1. Approve the enclosed National plan of response to nuclear and radiation accidents.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of August 19, 2016, No. 467
1. This National plan of response to nuclear and radiation accidents (further – the Plan) is developed according to the subitem 7) of article 5 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About use of atomic energy".
2. This Plan extends to the central and local executive bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and also the physical persons and legal entities performing activities in the field of use of atomic energy.
3. In this Plan the following concepts are used:
1) emergency – the non-staff situation or non-staff event which include nuclear and radiation emergencies and require initiation of efficient measures for mitigation of danger or adverse effects for health of the person and safety or quality of life, property or the environment;
2) threat of emergence of accident – condition in case of which danger to life and human health, their property and the environment is created;
3) the platform territory – the territory adjacent to the operating organization within border perimeter, to barrier or the index;
4) the operating organization – the legal entity performing activities for the address with subjects to use of atomic energy;
5) radioactive materials – any materials of natural or technogenic origin in any aggregate state containing radionuclides;
6) illicit trafficking in radioactive materials – any unauthorized movement, transfer or trade in radioactive materials, including nuclear materials;
7) nuclear materials – the materials containing or capable to reproduce the sharing (split) radionuclides;
8) nuclear and radiation accident – the accident connected with nuclear and radiation installation or activities owing to which there is emission of radioactive materials and arises radiation exposure;
9) nuclear and radiation emergency – emergency in which there is real or perceived danger owing to the energy which is marked out as a result of nuclear chain reaction or disintegration of products of chain reaction, or radiation exposure;
10) influencing factor of nuclear and radiation accident – ionizing radiation in case of emission of nuclear materials and radioactive materials, and also radioactive pollution of the territory of the platform as a result of nuclear and radiation accident.
Other concepts applied in the Plan correspond to the concepts used in the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on civil protection and use of atomic energy.
4. Treat the main sources of nuclear and radiation accidents:
1) damage of active zone of the reactor with emission of radionuclides;
2) emissions of radionuclides as a result of equipment failure, the fire or explosion on the reactor or at the companies of fuel cycle;
3) radioactive environmental pollution;
4) loss or plunder of radioactive materials, nuclear materials or the equipment containing radioactive materials;
5) failure of the equipment or misuse which lead to radiation of personnel and (or) the population;
6) accidents when transporting nuclear materials and radioactive materials.
5. Reaction level:
1) object level – the operating organizations performing antiemergency planning and response to nuclear and radiation accidents in the territory of the platform;
2) territorial level – the local executive bodies performing antiemergency planning and response to nuclear and radiation accidents in the corresponding territory;
3) republican level – The government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the central executive bodies performing antiemergency planning and response to nuclear and radiation accidents at the republican level.
6. The reaction purposes in case of nuclear and radiation accident are:
1) assessment of nature and amount of nuclear and radiation accident;
2) prevention of development of nuclear and radiation accident and weakening of its effects on site its origins;
3) prevention of cases of emergence of the determined effects of radiation at personnel and the population;
4) rescuing of people and first aid;
5) prevention of cases of development of stochastic effects of radiation in the population;
6) prevention of cases of harmful not radiation effects at the population;
7) environment protection and material property;
8) preparation and renewal of normal social and economic activity;
9) acceptance of protective or postemergency measures in case of achievement of level of the prevented dose.
7. Authorized body in the field of civil protection:
1) directs forces of civil protection under the organization and holding actions of civil protection;
Allocates 2) and uses appliances of operational reserve;
3) is performed by carrying out rescue and urgent works;
4) in case of liquidation of emergency situation will mobilize material resources of the organizations according to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on civil protection;
5) according to the petition of local executive bodies makes the decision on release of material values from the state material reserve for taking measures to the prevention or liquidation of emergency situation of natural and technogenic nature and its effects;
6) makes offers in the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan on use of means from reserve of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the prevention, liquidation of emergency situation and its effects;
7) performs preparation of offers to the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan about introduction in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan or in its certain areas of emergency state in case of nuclear and radiation accident;
8) provides readiness of forces and means of bodies and divisions for emergency situations for actions in case of emergency situations;
9) together with local executive bodies will organize evacuation actions, accomplishment of priority actions for life support of affected population;
10) is carried out together with the interested state bodies by monitoring of the developing situation;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.