of August 19, 2016 No. 467
About approval of the National plan of response to nuclear and radiation accidents
According to the subitem 7) of article 5 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 12, 2016 "About use of atomic energy" the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan DECIDES:
1. Approve the enclosed National plan of response to nuclear and radiation accidents.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of August 19, 2016, No. 467
1. This National plan of response to nuclear and radiation accidents (further - the Plan) is developed according to the subitem 7) of article 5 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 12, 2016 "About use of atomic energy".
2. This Plan extends to the central and local executive bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan, physical persons and legal entities performing activities in the field of use of atomic energy.
3. In this Plan the following concepts are used:
1) emergency situation (technogenic nature) - the emergency situation caused by harmful effects of dangerous production factors, transport and other accidents, the fires (explosions), accidents with emissions (emission threat) of strong poisonous, radioactive and biologically dangerous substances, sudden building collapse and constructions, breaks of dikes, accidents on electrical power and communication life support systems, treatment facilities;
2) the state system of civil protection - set of the governing bodies, forces and means of civil protection intended for realization of nation-wide complex of actions for protection of the population, objects and the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan from the dangers arising owing to nuclear or radiation accident;
3) the platform territory - the territory adjacent to the company within border perimeter, to barrier or other index. It can be also controlled territory around source of ionizing radiation or the territory contaminated by radionuclides;
4) influencing factor of nuclear or radiation accident - ionizing radiation in case of emission of nuclear materials and radioactive materials, and also radioactive pollution of the territory of the platform as a result of nuclear and radiation accident.
Other concepts applied in the Plan correspond to the concepts used in the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on use of atomic energy.
4. The national plan of response to nuclear and radiation accidents becomes effective according to the decision of authorized body in the field of use of atomic energy:
1) in case of exit or threat of exit of influencing factors of nuclear or radiation accident out of limits of the territory of the platform of placement of emergency nuclear, radiation or electrophysical installation;
2) in case of the cross-border nuclear or radiation accidents which happened in the territory of other state, impact or threat of impact of which extends to the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
5. The operating organizations are developed and approve plans of antiemergency actions according to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of use of atomic energy. The operations procedure and actions in case of incidents and accident elimination are provided in plans of antiemergency actions and their effects on minimization of possible impact on personnel, the population and the environment.
In case of nuclear and radiation accident in the territory of the platform, the operating organization immediately starts liquidation of the arisen accident according to the plan of antiemergency actions. The operating organization uses the available equipment for reaction and mitigation of consequences of nuclear and radiation accident.
Response to the nuclear and radiation accidents in the territory of the platform which are not posing threats of exit of influencing factors for the platform territory is performed by the operating organization.
6. In case of nuclear and radiation accident of local, regional or global scale reaction and mitigation of consequences of nuclear and radiation accident are performed by forces and means of civil protection.
The organization, activities, management and governing bodies of forces and means of civil protection are determined by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of civil protection.
7. Representatives of authorized bodies in the field of use of atomic energy and in the field of sanitary and epidemiologic wellbeing of the population make to the chief of operational staff recommendations about part of radiation safety of persons participating in mitigations of consequences of nuclear and radiation accident, and question of admissibility of application of methods of recovery from the accident.
8. The actions for reaction affecting cross-border aspects of impact of nuclear or radiation accident are approved with authorized body on foreign policy activities and performed according to the international medical and sanitary rules and international treaties ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan.
9. In case of nuclear and radiation accident easy access to information on risk of emergence of dangerous factors of emergency situations to which it can be exposed, measures of necessary safety, and also in case of emergency situation is provided to the population, protection of life, health and personal property of citizens is provided.
If necessary the population participates in actions for the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations and their effects in the limits set by the legislation on civil protection and also uses necessary means of collective and individual protection.
10. Indemnification (damage) caused to physical persons and legal entities to the environment owing to nuclear or radiation accident is performed according to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and international treaties ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan.
11. Authorized body in the field of civil protection:
1) directs forces of civil protection under the organization and holding the actions directed to mitigation of consequences of nuclear and radiation accident;
Allocates 2) and uses appliances of operational reserve;
3) is provided by informing and the notification of the population, governing bodies of civil protection;
4) is performed by carrying out rescue and urgent works;
5) in case of liquidation of emergency situations will mobilize material resources of the organizations according to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of civil protection;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.