It is registered
Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
November 30, 2015
of November 2, 2015 No. 686
About approval of Rules about safety of supply of natural gas
According to article 5 of the Law of Ukraine "About the natural gas market" I order:
1. Approve Rules about safety of supply of natural gas which are attached.
2. To management concerning oil and gas policy of the Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine (Kuyda V. A.) provide:
provision of this order on state registration in the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine in accordance with the established procedure;
promulgation of this order on the official site of the Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine;
annual (till September 01) updating of Rules about safety of supply of natural gas and promulgation on the official site of the Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine.
4. To impose control over the implementation of this order on the deputy minister Didenko I. M.
Approved by the Order of the Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine of November 2, 2015 No. 686
1. These rules are aimed at safety of supply of natural gas to Ukraine by forecasting and assessment of possible risks, taking measures to their prevention and reduction of possible damage from realization of such risks.
2. These rules determine:
1) circle of the protected consumers;
2) measures which are obligatory for acceptance by subjects of the natural gas market (except consumers) for safety of supply of natural gas (further - standards of behavior) for suppliers of natural gas and for objects of gas infrastructure;
3) identification and classification of the main risks of safety of supply of natural gas (risks assessment);
4) the measures necessary for reduction of influence of the revealed risks, in particular, amount of obligations of subjects of the natural gas market and terms of their accomplishment (further - preventive measures);
5) form and procedure for submission of the report of subjects of the natural gas market (except consumers) about condition of accomplishment of actions according to these rules;
6) obligations of subjects of the powers of authority responsible for safety of supply of natural gas.
3. These rules are obligatory for accomplishment by all subjects of the natural gas market.
4. In these rules terms are used in the values given in the Law of Ukraine "About the natural gas market".
1. The protected consumers are:
3) producers of heat energy for needs of the consumers specified in subitems 1 and 2 of this Item provided that production of such heat energy is performed by means of the objects which are not adapted for change of fuel and attached to gas-transport or gas-distribution system.
If the share of consumption of such consumers during the period from April 1 of last calendar year to March 31 of the current year exceeds 20% of total amount of consumption of natural gas in Ukraine, then the risks assessment of safety of supply of natural gas according to these rules is performed taking into account the assumption that the share of consumption of such protected consumers constitutes 20% of total amount of consumption of natural gas in Ukraine which is distributed in proportion between suppliers of natural gas of such consumers.
1. All suppliers of natural gas shall take necessary measures for providing sufficient natural gas resource for needs of the consumers belonging to the category protected according to Chapter 2 of this Section, in the following cases:
1) extraordinary temperature conditions during the seven-day peak period which statistical probability of approach makes time in 20 years (further - the Standard 1);
2) any period in 30 days and more during which extremely great demand on natural gas which statistical probability of approach makes time in 20 years (further - the Standard 2) is observed;
3) failure of one trunk gas pipeline in case of usual winter conditions for lasting 30 days (further - the Standard 3).
2. Measures on accomplishment of Standards 1 - 3 are:
1) maintenance of necessary amount of natural gas in storages;
2) the conclusion of purchase and sale agreements on additional amounts of natural gas;
3) the conclusion of contracts of delivery of natural gas with consumers who are not protected, providing possibility of restriction or termination of supply of natural gas for safety of deliveries to the protected consumers;
4) other necessary measures.
3. Suppliers of natural gas who perform gas supply to the protected consumers annually report on taking measures in pursuance of standards 1 - 3 according to the procedure, provided by these rules.
1. According to the first standard of behavior concerning objects of gas infrastructure (further - the N-1) Standard in case of failure of the most trunk gas pipeline or the largest gas storage capacity of other objects of gas infrastructure in certain territory shall provide opportunity for satisfaction of general demand for natural gas in such territory within a day when extremely great demand on natural gas which statistical probability of approach makes time in 20 years is observed.
2. Certain territory for the purposes of the N-1 standard the territory of Ukraine is considered.
For the purposes of the N-1 standard certain territory can be expanded and cover the territory more, than one state. In that case check of accomplishment of the N-1 standard is performed concerning the largest object of gas infrastructure which constitutes general interest (the cross-border gas pipeline or interstate connection, gas storage), and in addition approved with competent authorities of the relevant states.
3. Annually the Ministry of Fuel and Energy of Ukraine performs check of accomplishment of the N-1 standard on formula:
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.