of February 8, 1996
1. The regulations of the Senate establish conditions and procedure for holding meetings of the Senate, forming of its bodies and the organization of their activities, and also implementation of powers of deputies and officials of the Senate.
Changes and amendments in Regulations of the Senate are accepted at meetings of Chamber by a majority vote from total number of deputies of the Senate and are drawn up by the resolution of the Senate.
2. Meetings of the Senate are open. In the cases provided by these Regulations, the Chamber has the right to hold closed meetings.
3. The organization and activities of the Senate, legal status of his deputies are established by the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Constitutional law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "About Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the status of his deputies", other legal acts and these Regulations.
4. In the Senate work is conducted in the Kazakh and Russian languages. meetings are held, as a rule, in state language.
5. The meeting of Chamber is convened by the Chairman of the Senate.
Meetings of the Senate are held from 10 to 18 o'clock with breaks from 12 to 12 o'clock and from 14 to 16 o'clock. The chairman announces breaks at meetings on own initiative or according to the offer of the majority from number of the present deputies of the Senate.
The senate can make the decision on other time of holding meeting.
At the end of meeting, in case of need, time up to 30 minutes for speeches of deputies on other questions is allowed.
6. Meetings of Chamber begin with inundated registration of deputies. The meeting of the Senate is considered competent if at it there are at least two thirds of total number of deputies of Chamber. For determination of competence of meeting after each break repeated registration of deputies is carried out.
7. The agenda of meeting is considered previously on Bureau of the Senate and is submitted for discussion of Chamber.
By deputies changes and additions can be made to the agenda offered Bureau.
The first on priority the questions brought by Bureau and then - proposals of deputies, according to the procedure of their receipt are considered and put to the vote.
The agenda of meeting of the Senate affirms open voting by a majority vote from total number of deputies of Chamber.
8. The decision on holding private meeting is made by a simple majority vote from total number of deputies of the Senate. Data on content of closed meetings of the Senate, data, components the state, office or protected by the law other secret, can be used by deputies of the Senate only for activities in Parliament.
9. Meetings of the Senate provide the following types of performances: the report, the supporting report, concluding remarks on the discussed question, performances in debate on content of the discussed question, the discussed candidacies, in case of introduction of offers based on vote, in the order of conducting meeting, and also requests, questions, answers to questions, references, information, statements, addresses.
At meeting of the Senate with the report on the law adopted by the Majilis, except as specified, provided by Chapters 3-1 and 5 of these Regulations, the deputy authorized by head committee acts.
The supporting report under the law adopted by the Majilis at meeting of the Senate is not provided, except as specified, provided by Chapters 3-1 and 5 of these Regulations.
According to the decision of Chamber the deputy authorized by head committee can act in one report on the basic and accompanying the laws.
The initiator of the bill or its representatives, other officials invited to meeting of the Senate, if necessary, give explanations and answer questions of deputies.
10. Duration of reports, supporting reports and concluding remarks is established presiding over meeting of the Senate in coordination with speakers and co-reporters and shall not exceed 30 minutes - for the report, 15 - for the supporting report, for performances in debate up to 7 minutes and 10 minutes for concluding remarks.
For answers to questions no more than one hour, and for debate - are allotted no more than one and a half hours.
For performances in debate based on vote, to procedure for conducting meeting, the discussed candidacies, for statements, questions, offers, messages, references - up to 3 minutes.
The senate by a majority vote from number of the deputies of Chamber who are present at meeting has the right to establish other time frames on performances.
Texts (in the Kazakh and Russian languages) reports and supporting reports are beforehand provided for simultaneous interpretation in the Office of the Senate not later than two hours prior to the meeting.
Deputies of the Senate act from tribune or from the place. After the established time the chairman warns about it the speaker and after this has the right to interrupt its performance.
On the discussed question the deputy has the right to act no more than two times.
Nobody has the right to speak at meeting of the Senate without the permission of the chairman. Violated this rule it can be denied the right to speak.
Deputies of the Senate who could not act in connection with close of pleadings had the right to attach signed texts of the performances to the shorthand report of meeting of the Senate.
During meetings use in the hall of meeting of cell phones, radio telephones and other means of communication is forbidden.
11. In content of performances of participants of meetings of the Senate and its working bodies promotion or propaganda of violent change of the constitutional system, violation of integrity of the Republic, undermining safety of the state, war, social, racial, national, religious, class and patrimonial superiority, and also cult of cruelty and violence are not allowed.
The speaker in the Senate has no right to use the rough, abusive terms causing dignitary harm of deputies of Parliament and other persons in the speech, to call for illegal actions, to use obviously false information, to allow insubstantial accusations in someone's address. In case of violation of these instructions by the speaker, the chairman warns him about it in the beginning, and in case of further violation of the above-named instructions he denies it the right to speak without the prevention.
12. The speaker cannot be denied the right to speak both by the chairman, and other deputies, except cases:
- the expirations of time of performance or in advance stipulated time;
- obvious digression of the discussed question;
- violations of requirements, stipulated in Item 11.
13. During the debate the chairman provides detection of variety of opinions on the discussed question.
14. Debate on the discussed question can be stopped after time or according to the decision of the Senate made by a majority vote from number of the deputies who are present at meeting of the Senate.
Before decision making about close of pleadings the chairman finds out who from registered, but not acted, insists on performance, and with the consent of most of attendees gives the floor to it.
The speaker and the co-reporter have the right to concluding remarks.
15. The president of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Prime Minister and members of the government, the Chairman of National Bank, the Attorney-General, the Chairman of Committee of homeland security, the Counselor of state, the Head of Administration of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan have the right to be present both on open, and at closed meetings and to be listened.
To the president of the Republic of Kazakhstan at its request it is given floor for performance at any time.
The chairman of the Supreme Court, the Chairman of the Constitutional Court has the right to be present at any meetings of Chamber according to the decision of the Senate.
Other persons can be present at closed meetings of the Senate only by the special invitation issued signed by the Chairman of the Senate or according to its order of other official of the Senate.
16. Officials of state bodies and local government bodies on which need of presence at meeting the decision of Chamber is by a simple majority vote made shall arrive to the Senate and give necessary explanations on the questions entering their competence.
Officials according to the decision of Bureau, standing committees of Chamber can be invited to meeting of the Senate on cases in point of the agenda.
Members of officials of the state bodies, experts and specialists invited to meetings of the Senate determine the relevant committee.
The chamber has no right to make similar decisions on the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Invited have no right to interfere with activities of the Senate, shall abstain from manifestations of approval or disapproval of its work, to observe established procedure and to submit to orders of the chairman what they are warned by it about.
The procedure for visit by the invited persons of assembly hall of the Senate is determined by the Chief of staff of the Senate.
Informing the invited persons on date and time of holding meetings of the Senate is assigned to the Office of the Senate.
For the purpose of ensuring activities of deputies government employees of the Office of the Senate are present at meetings of Chamber according to the procedure, determined by the Chief of staff of the Senate.
17. Meetings of the Senate are taken shorthand and their video is conducted. The shorthand report is signed presiding over meeting of the Senate. Shorthand reports of open sessions of the Senate are placed on Internet resource of the Senate. Shorthand reports of parliamentary sessions and the Senate are issued by the Office of the Senate upon the demand of the deputy of the Senate.
17-1. Open sessions of the Senate are broadcast online on Internet resource of the Senate.
18. The chairman during the meeting of the Senate:
directs the general course of meeting, monitors observance of provisions of these Regulations;
gives floor for performance according to the procedure of priority of receipt of the registered requests, according to the agenda, requirements of these Regulations or in other procedure determined by decisions of the Senate;
puts to the vote each proposal (amendment) of deputies of the Senate on first come;
will organize vote and counting of votes, discloses results of vote; provides accomplishment of organizational decisions of the Senate;
in case of violation of provisions of these Regulations has the right to warn the deputy of the Senate, and in case of further violation can deny it the right to speak;
can remove from assembly hall of the invited persons preventing work of the Senate;
gives floor out of turn on points of order.
19. The chairman at meeting of the Senate has no right to comment on performances of participants of meeting, to give the characteristic to speakers.
If the Chairman of the Senate (chairman) counted necessary to take part in discussion of any question, then he receives the word after transfer of function of the chairman (before decision making on the discussed question) to the deputy (other chairman). Participating in the open voting performed without use of electronic system, the chairman votes the last.
In case of violation by the chairman of requirements of Items 18 and 19 the Senate the decision has the right to transfer its functions to other chairman before completion of consideration of the discussed question.
20. At meetings of the Senate the electronic system is used for:
registration of deputies of the Senate;
records of deputies of the Senate for performance, introduction of offers and amendments;
counting of votes and determination of results of vote;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.