of July 1, 2016 No. 819
About the Minimum requirements of safety and health protection during the work on the monitor
Based on article 6 of the Law on health protection and labor safety No. 186-XVI of July 10, 2008 (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2008 No. 143-144, of the Art. 587), with subsequent changes and amendments, and for the purpose of transposition of the Directive of Council of the European communities 90/270/CEE of May 29, 1990 about the minimum safety conditions and health protection during the work on the monitor (The fifth separate directive for the part (1) Article 16 of the Directive 87/391/EEC) published in the Official magazine of the European community, series L, No. 156 of June 21, 1990). The government DECIDES:
1. Approve the Minimum requirements of safety and health protection during the work on the monitor it (is applied).
2. This Resolution is not applied in the relation:
1) cabins of drivers of motor transport or cabins of control of the equipment;
2) systems of processing of digital information from board of vehicles;
3) the systems of processing of digital information provided for public use;
4) the portable systems which are not applied long time on workplace;
5) calculating machines, cash registers and any equipment with the small display necessary for direct use of the equipment.
3. Control over the implementation of this resolution is imposed on the Ministry of Labour, Social Protection and Family and the Ministry of Health.
Minister of Labour, Social Protection and Family
Minister of Health
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova of July 1, 2016 No. 819
1. In these Minimum requirements of safety and health protection during the work on the monitor (further – the Minimum requirements) the following concepts are used:
the worker – any person employed (including trainees and pupils), determined according to provisions of article 1 of the Law on health protection and labor safety who usually uses the monitor in the main part of its labor activity;
the monitor – the text or graphical screen, irrespective of the used display method;
workplace – set of working conditions, the working equipment equipped with the monitor or the input equipment of data, optional accessories, peripheral components including the disk drive, phone, the modem, the printer, support for documents, working chair and desktop or working surface.
2. Employers shall carry out the analysis of workplaces for assessment of safety conditions and health protection which they create for workers, especially concerning possible risks for sight, physical problems and problems of mental stress.
3. Employers shall take adequate measures for elimination of the professional risks revealed after assessment mentioned in Item 2, taking into account the additional and combined results of professional risks.
4. Employers shall take adequate measures that:
1) the workplaces created after January 1, 2017 conformed to the Minimum requirements;
2) the workplaces existing till January 1, 2017 were adapted so that they conformed to these Minimum requirements it is, at least, than within one year from the specified date;
3) workers were informed on all aspects of health protection and labor safety on workplaces, especially on measures which are applied according to these Minimum requirements. In all cases workers or employee representatives allocated with the separate liability in the field of health protection and labor safety shall be informed on all measures of health protection and labor safety accepted according to these Minimum requirements;
4) each worker shall be trained in methods of use of workplace before this type of activity and every time when the organization of workplace significantly changes.
5. Employers shall plan activities of workers so that daily work on the monitor was interrupted periodically, breaks or change of activities for decrease in excessive use by workers of monitors were used.
6. Consultations and participation of the workers or employee representatives allocated with the separate liability in the field of health protection and labor safety about application of these Minimum requirements shall be performed according to article 15 of the Law on health protection and labor safety No. 186-XVI of July 10, 2008.
7. The employer provides ophthalmologic inspection of workers in the following cases:
1) before work on the monitor by means of ophthalmologic inspection according to the statement of the worker in case of employment;
2) in case of the intervals established by the existing regulations;
3) if workers experience visual difficulties during the work on the monitor.
8. If as a result of ophthalmologic inspection disorders of sight were established, then the employer shall provide to workers regular or special correctional devices.
9. Expenses on the actions undertaken according to Items 7-8 of these Minimum requirements are made in full at the expense of the employer.
10. The workplace shall conform to the Minimum requirements on the health protection and labor safety on workplace approved by the Order of the Government No. 353 of May 5, 2010 and to state standard specification SM SR EN ISO 9241 – Ergonomic requirements during the work on the monitor in office.
1. General comments
11. Use of the working equipment shall not represent professional risks for workers.
12. Symbols on the monitor shall be accurately determined and distinguishable, the corresponding sizes and with sufficient distance between symbols and ranks.
13. The image on the monitor shall be stable, without blinking or other forms of instability.
14. Brightness and/or contrast between symbols and font shall be regulated easily by the worker, and also shall be regulated easily depending on the environment.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.