Unofficial translation. (c) Soyuzpravoinform LLC
of December 14, 2004 No. ZR-124
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on November 9, 2004
1. This Code governs collective and individual employment relationships, establishes the bases of origin, change and the termination and procedure of these relations, the rights and obligations, responsibility of the parties of employment relationships, and also conditions of safety and health protection of workers.
2. Features of regulation of certain spheres of employment relationships can be established by the law.
The purpose of the labor law is:
1) establishment of the state guarantees of labor rights and freedoms of physical persons - citizens of the Republic of Armenia, foreign citizens, stateless persons (further - citizens);
2) assistance to work creating favorable conditions;
3) protection of the rights and interests of workers and employers.
1. The basic principles of the labor law are:
1) freedom of work, including also right to work (which everyone freely chooses or to which freely agrees), the right to dispose of capabilities to work, to choose profession and type of activity;
2) prohibition of any form (any nature) of forced labor and violence against workers;
3) equality of participants of employment relationships irrespective of floor, races, nationalities, language, origin, nationality, social position, religion, condition in matrimony and marital status, age, beliefs or views, belonging to batches, labor unions or public organizations, other circumstances which are not connected with business qualities of the worker;
4) providing for each worker of the right to fair working conditions (including both conditions on safety and the conditions meeting the requirements of hygiene, right to rest);
5) equal rights and opportunities of workers;
6) providing for each worker of the right on timely and in full fair remuneration for work is not lower than the minimum size of the salary established by the law;
7) providing the right of employers and workers to free consolidation for protection of labor rights and interests (including and the right to creation of labor unions and employers' associations or to participation in them);
8) stability of employment relationships;
9) freedom of collective bargainings;
10) responsibility of the parties of collective and labor agreements according to their obligations.
2. The state provides implementation of labor rights according to provisions of this Code and other laws. Labor rights can be limited only to the law if it is necessary for protection of the state and public security, protection of public order, health protection and protection of morality of society, the rights and freedoms, honor and kind reputation of other persons.
1. The labor law forbids discrimination.
2. Any is considered discrimination direct or indirectly distinction, exception or restriction on floor, race, skin color, ethnic or social origin, genetic signs, language, religion, outlook, political or different views, belonging to ethnic minority, property status, the birth, disability, age or other circumstances of personal or social nature, the purpose or of which manifestation of less favorable relation in cases of origin and (or) change and (or) termination of collective and (or) personal employment relationships is result or will lock or refusal of recognition and (or) implementation of any right established by the labor law, on an equal basis with the others, except as specified, when such distinction, the exception or restriction are objectively justified by the pursued lawful purpose and the means applied to achievement of this purpose are adequate and necessary.
3. In announcements of acceptance for work (tenders) and in implementation process of employment relationships establishment of any other condition which is the basis for discrimination except business qualities and professional readiness and qualification is forbidden, except as specified, when it follows from the requirements characteristic of work.
1. Employment relationships in the Republic of Armenia are governed by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, this Code, the laws, other legal acts, working and collective agreements.
The labor law establishes:
1) spheres, purpose and principles of application of the labor law;
2) legal basis of implementation of right to work;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.