The declaration between the Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan on development of further cooperation
of February 27, 1997
Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan:
- relying on historical traditions of friendship of the people of two countries and aspiration to deepening of full cooperation;
- being guided by the principles established in Articles of organization of the United Nations, the Final act of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe and also the commonly accepted rules of international law;
- based on the Contract on friendship and the cooperation between the Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan signed on May 19, 1993 in Ashgabat;
- entering new stage of development of the bilateral relations;
declare the following:
1. The Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan confirm determination to actively develop mutually beneficial cooperation in the spirit of openness and mutual understanding in all areas which are of mutual interest.
They will aim at maintenance of intensive and constructive dialogue and consultations at all levels including on the highest, considering that it is important for further strengthening of the bilateral relations between Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan.
2. The Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan intend to cooperate on the international scene, first of all in the UN, OSCE, OES, OIC and other international organizations, for the purpose of assistance to the solution of topical issues of regional and global nature.
3. The Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan came to consensus that the mutual respect and equality are the important principles of maintenance and development of the interstate relations. In this regard they consider that in the modern world community all countries, whether it be big and small, have the right to equal participation in the international cases, have rights to the independent choice of social system, way and model of development, proceeding from own specific conditions, without intervention from other states.
4. According to the principles fixed in the turkmenistano-Kazakhstan agreements on trade and economic cooperation, the Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan will create favorable conditions for development of mutually advantageous partnership. They are convinced that such development of the bilateral relations is equitable to radical interests of two countries and the people. For this purpose the governments of two states are given the corresponding instructions on further development of mutually beneficial cooperation, active use of capacity of two countries, transition to qualitatively new level of commercial ties.
5. The Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan will encourage implementation in practice of bilateral interaction of modern forms of the settlement and payment relations, participation of the small and medium companies in joint cooperation, exchange of the economic and commercial information. They will stimulate bilateral investment cooperation.
The parties reached the agreement on implementation of trade and economic relations in free trade regime.
6. The Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan will create the working group of two countries on studying of question of mutually advantageous use of the ports of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan on the Caspian Sea. They will take measures for the fastest development of the new model of cooperation oriented to long-term partnership in the basin of the Caspian Sea.
The parties reached the agreement on creation of consortium on construction of the transport North-South system which will connect road lines: Eraliyevo-Bekdash-Turkmenbashi extent of 450 km which joint construction is provided by the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of Turkmenistan on the basic principles of relations in the field of transport and communication of May 19, 1993.
7. The Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan attach importance to cooperation in the field of environmental protection and within the International fund of rescuing of the Aral Sea.
8. The Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan note that strengthening of coordination and cooperation is equitable in fight against organized crime and illicit trafficking in drugs and psychotropic substances to interests of both states and declare determination to strengthen interaction in the field.
9. The Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan, recognizing importance of the cultural cooperation promoting strengthening of mutual understanding between the people of two countries will welcome and encourage cultural exchanges. They considerably will expand cooperation in the field of tourism, science and education.
10. The Republic of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan will undertake effective measures for practical implementation of earlier signed contracts and agreements, to make efforts on strengthening of the contractual legal base of the bilateral relations.
It is made in the city of Almaty on February 27, 1997 in duplicate, everyone in the Kazakh, Turkmen and Russian languages.
FOR THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN
FOR TURKMENISTAN PRESIDENT OF TURKMENISTAN
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.