of May 12, 2016 No. 589
About the Minimum requirements on health protection and labor safety of the workers who are put risks caused by mechanical vibrations
Based on article 6 of the Law No. 186-XVI of July 10, 2008 on health protection and labor safety (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2008, Art. No. 143-144, 587), with subsequent changes and amendments, and also for the purpose of transposition of the Directive of the European Parliament and Council 2002/44/EU of June 25, 2002 about the minimum requirements to safety and health protection of workers from the risks connected with action of physical factors (vibration) [the sixteenth separate directive in value of the part (1) Article 16 of the Directive 89/391/EEC] published in the Official magazine of the European Union series L, No. 177/13 of July 6, 2002, the Government DECIDES:
1. Approve the Minimum requirements on health protection and labor safety of the workers who are put risks caused by mechanical vibrations (are applied).
2. Requirements of this resolution are applied to types of activity when which implementing workers are exposed or can be exposed to the risks caused by mechanical vibrations in operating time.
Minister of Labour, Social Protection and Family
Minister of Health
to the Order of the Government of the Republic of Moldova of May 12, 2016 No. 589
1. In these Minimum requirements on health protection and labor safety of the workers who are put risks caused by mechanical vibrations (further – the Minimum requirements), the following concepts are used:
mechanical vibration – periodic fluctuation of solid bodies in mechanical system which is performed around balance provision with rather high frequency and small amplitude;
the vibration which is transmitted through system hand forearm – mechanical vibration which, in case of transfer on system the hand forearm of the person, causes risks for safety and health of workers, in particular vascular disorders, injuries of bones or joints or neurologic and/or muscular frustration;
the vibration which is transferred to all body – mechanical vibration which is transferred to all body of the person, causes risks for safety and health of workers, in particular waist pain and spine injury.
2. For the mechanical vibrations which are transmitted through system hand forearm:
1) the standardized maximum permissible size of daily impact expected duration of 8 watch constitutes 5 m / с2;
3. Impact on workers of the mechanical vibrations which are transmitted through system hand forearm shall be estimated or measured according to Items 1 and 2 of appendix to these Minimum requirements.
4. For the mechanical vibrations which are transferred to all body:
1) the standardized maximum permissible size of daily impact expected duration of 8 watch constitutes 1,15 of m/s 2, or shall have vibration dose size in the amount of 21 m/s of 1,75;
5. Impact on workers of the mechanical vibrations which are transferred to all body shall be estimated or measured according to Items 7 and 8 of appendix to these Minimum requirements.
6. The employer shall estimate and measure levels of mechanical vibrations to which workers are exposed. Measurement of levels of mechanical vibrations to which workers are exposed is performed according to Item 3 or 10 of appendix to these Minimum requirements.
7. Level of impact of mechanical vibration can be estimated by means of observation of specific methods of work and receipt of the relevant information on the probable size of the vibrations corresponding to the working equipment or samples of the working equipment used in specific service conditions including information of this nature provided by the manufacturer of the working equipment. This action does not require use of any devices for measurement of level of vibrations.
8. Assessment and measurement provided in Item 6 to these Minimum requirements shall be planned and performed according to the current legislation, taking into account provisions of article 11 of the Law No. 186-XVI of July 10, 2008 on health protection and labor safety. The data received as a result of assessment and/or measurement of level of impact of mechanical vibrations shall be stored on the forms constituted according to the procedure and in the language clear to each employee and in available form.
9. In fulfillment of duties, provided in part (4) article 10 of the Law No. 186-XVI of July 10, 2008 on health protection and labor safety, in part (7) article 30 of the Law No. 10-XVI of February 3, 2009 on the state supervision of public health the employer, in case of assessment of professional risks, shall pay special attention on the following elements:
1) the level, type and duration of impact, including any impact of intermittent mechanical vibrations or the repeating blows;
2) maximum permissible sizes of impact and size of impact in case of which influence begins, provided in Items 2-5 of these Minimum requirements;
3) any influence on health and safety of the workers who are put special professional risks;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.