of May 12, 2016 No. 287
About approval of Inference rules from operation of nuclear and radiation installations
According to the subitem 4) of article 5 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 12, 2016 "About use of atomic energy" the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan DECIDES:
1. Approve the enclosed Inference rules from operation of nuclear and radiation installations.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of May 12, 2016 No. 287
1. These rules of conclusion from operation of nuclear and radiation installations (further – Rules) are developed according to the subitem 4) of article 5 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 12, 2016 "About use of atomic energy" and determine procedure for conclusion from operation of nuclear and radiation installations (further – conclusion from operation).
2. In these rules the following terms and determinations are applied:
1) authorized body in the field of use of atomic energy (further – authorized body) – the central executive body performing management in the field of use of atomic energy;
2) the operating organization – the legal entity performing activities for the address with subjects to use of atomic energy;
3) radiation installation – the special, not being nuclear installation, including the rooms relating to it, constructions and the equipment on which the treatment of nuclear materials and (or) radioactive materials is performed;
4) nuclear installation – the installation including rooms, constructions and the equipment on which it is performed one or several of the listed types of activity: production, conversion, use, transportation, storage, burial of nuclear material, except for installations for production and (or) conversion of natural uranium or thorium.
3. The operating organization on blueprint stage of nuclear installation by preparation of the preproject documentation develops the preliminary plan of conclusion from operation of nuclear installation (further – the preliminary plan) in coordination with authorized body.
4. The preliminary plan is submitted as a part of the proving documents with the request for receipt of the license for construction and operation of new nuclear installation. The financial instrument by means of which financing of works on conclusion from operation will be provided is submitted and is proved in the preliminary plan.
5. The preliminary plan is based on the following strategy of conclusion from operation:
1) deactivation and removal of all radioactive materials from the platform (immediate dismantle);
2) safe long-term storage and the subsequent deactivation and dismantle (the postponed dismantle);
3) sealing of installation with the subsequent restriction of access to the platform (burial on site).
6. In case of the choice of preferable option of strategy of conclusion from operation are considered:
1) characteristics of nuclear installation;
2) results of assessment of radiological and not radiological it is risk;
3) results of projection of condition of buildings, designs in case of delayed dismantle;
4) amount of the accumulated radioactive waste and the available opportunities for their conversion, storage and burial;
5) sufficiency of the planned or available financial resources for safe implementation of the chosen conclusion method from operation;
6) personnel availability, in particular the personnel operating installation, the approved methods, technologies and the equipment;
7) experience of similar previous projects of conclusion from operation;
8) possible impact on the surrounding environment;
9) social and economic conditions;
10) sanitary and hygienic requirements;
11) plans of further development and use of the nuclear installation and zone adjoining its platform.
7. The preliminary plan contains the description of stages of conclusion from operation of nuclear installation, methods of dismantle of the main designs, value assessment and terms of performance of works, necessary resources, measures for ensuring nuclear, radiation and nuclear physical safety, the main regulations and characteristics of the platform of placement of nuclear installation after its conclusion from operation.
8. In case of operation of nuclear installation the preliminary plan periodically, but at least once in 10 years is subject to revision and upgrade taking into account new technical and technology developments, changes of requirements of nuclear, radiation and nuclear physical safety, cost of works and required resources.
9. In case of decision making about conclusion from operation of nuclear installation the operating organization constitutes the final plan of conclusion from operation (further – the final plan) taking into account the technologies which are available for this time, techniques, economic indicators, requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of use of atomic energy. The final plan of conclusion from operation is basis for designing and work on conclusion of nuclear installation from operation.
10. The term of implementation of the final plan does not exceed 60 years from the date of decision making about final stop of nuclear installation.
11. The procedure for transfer of nuclear materials, the fulfilled fuel and documentation on accounting and control of nuclear materials of the organization performing its further long-term storage or conversion is developed for installations with power or research reactors in the final plan.
12. The decision on the termination of operation of installation is made by the operating organization independently at any stage of lifecycle. At the same time the operating organization notifies authorized body on the made decision, start date and terms of implementation of works on conclusion from operation. The operating organization provides performance of works according to the plan of conclusion from operation in full.
13. In need of amending or amendments the final plan during implementation of conclusion from operation the last will in addition be approved with authorized body.
14. Works on conclusion from operation are carried out based on the project documentation and availability of the license for the corresponding type of activity. The project documentation provides the technical and organizational means and measures providing levels of radiation of personnel and the population, emissions and dumpings, the environmental pollution by radioactive materials which is not exceeding limits and regulations of radiation safety, approved by authorized body in the field of sanitary and epidemiologic wellbeing of the population.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.