Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Government of the Republic of Latvia on the international automobile communication
of May 19, 1998
The government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Latvia, hereinafter referred to as "Contracting parties",
in view of favorable development of bilateral trade and economic relations,
being guided by aspiration to further development of automobile communication between both countries, and also en route through their territories,
decided to sign this agreement for the purpose of mutual advantage and benefit.
1. According to this agreement regular and irregular transportations of passengers by buses and transportation of goods by cars with trail cars and semitrailer trucks or without them between both countries, en route through their territories and to the third countries are performed.
2. Competent authorities of Contracting Parties within this agreement are:
in the Republic of Kazakhstan - the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
in the Republic of Latvia - the Ministry of the message of the Republic of Latvia.
1. Regular transportations of passengers by buses will be organized under approval between competent authorities of Contracting Parties and performed on the basis of the permissions issued by their mutual consent.
2. Proposals on the organization of such transportations are beforehand submitted each other by competent authorities of Contracting Parties. These offers shall contain data relatively:
a) names of carrier (firm),
c) schedules of movement,
e) stop Items on which the carrier will make landing and disembarkation of passengers, and also the planned period and regularity of accomplishment of transportations.
3. Competent authorities of Contracting Parties will issue permissions to that site of way which passes on the territory of their states.
1. For implementation of irregular transportations of passengers by buses between both countries or transit across their territories, except for the transportations provided in Article 4 of this agreement the permissions issued by competent authorities of Contracting Parties are required.
2. The request for extradition of the permission to implementation of irregular transportation of passengers provided in Item 1 of this Article goes carrier to competent authority of other Contracting Party.
3. The permissions provided in Item 1 of this Article grant in each case the right to making of one flight there and back.
1. The permissions provided in Item 1 of Article 3 of this agreement are not required for accomplishment of irregular transportations of passengers by buses in the following cases:
a) if the group of passengers of the same structure is transported by the same bus throughout all trip which is beginning and coming to an end in the territory of the state of that Contracting Party where the bus is registered
b) if irregular transit transportations by "the closed doors" are performed.
2. Permission is not required when replacing the defective bus with other bus.
3. In case of accomplishment of the transportations provided in Item 1 of this Article, the bus driver shall have the form of transportation of passengers completed prior to the beginning of trip.
1. Transportation of goods between both countries or transit across their territories, and also to the third countries, is performed by trailer hauling trucks or without them, or tractors with semitrailer trucks, on the basis of the permissions issued by competent authorities of Contracting Parties.
2. On each transportation of goods separate permission which grants the right to making of one flight there and back shall be issued.
3. The transportation of goods provided by this agreement shall be performed on delivery notes which form shall correspond to the international sample.
4. Competent authorities of Contracting Parties annually transfer each other mutually approved number of forms of permissions to transportation of goods. These forms shall have seal and the signature of the competent authority which issued permissions.
1. The permissions specified in Article 5 of this agreement are not required for accomplishment of transportations:
a) personal estate in case of resettlement on the permanent residence;
b) ashes and bodies of the dead;
c) the materials and objects intended for fairs and exhibitions;
d) the technical means, the equipment, animals and any other property and stock intended for holding sporting and spectacular events, sound recording TV and filmings;
e) connected with technical assistance, to the damaged vehicles;
g) the medical equipment and goods, for rendering the emergency help, especially in cases of natural disaster;
h) to cargo vehicles which complete mass, including trail car, does not exceed 6 tons, or their load-carrying capacity of ton 3,5.
2. The exceptions provided in subitems "v" and "g" of Item 1 of this Article are effective only in those cases if the transported load is subject to the return export.
1. If dimensions or weight of the vehicle without load or with load exceeds the regulations established in the territory of the state of other Contracting Party and also if the transported loads are determined by the regulations operating in this territory as dangerous, the carrier shall get special permission of competent authority of other Contracting Party.
2. Competent authorities of Contracting Parties shall give the answer to request for extradition of special permission no later than 10 days from the date of its obtaining.
3. If the special permission mentioned in Item 1 of this Article provides movement of the vehicle along certain route, shall be transported along this route.
1. The transportations provided by this agreement can be carried out only by carriers which according to the domestic legislation of the country are allowed to implementation of international carriages.
2. The vehicles transporting, provided by this agreement shall have national registration and distinctive signs of the country.
The carrier is not allowed to transport passengers or loads between the Items located in the territory of the state of other Contracting Party if special permission of competent authority of the corresponding Contracting Party is not got for that.
The driver of the vehicle shall have the national or international car driver license and national registration documents on the vehicle.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.