of August 16, 2014 No. 102-K
About courier communication
This Law determines tasks of courier communication, the legal basis and the principles of their implementation, order of interaction of bodies of courier communication with public authorities, and also control of their activities.
1. The legislation of Turkmenistan on courier communication is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law, other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan governing the relations connected with courier communication.
2. If the international treaty of Turkmenistan establishes other rules than provided by this Law, then rules of the international treaty are applied.
In this Law it is used the following concepts:
1) courier communication - set of the methods and means providing acceptance, safety, transportation, protection and delivery of correspondence to the organizations and persons determined by this Law;
2) correspondence - the packets, sending, packagings (post-packets), hardware (the special and military equipment) constituting the state secrets, and also containing the data protected by the law which is adopted for delivery in accordance with the established procedure;
3) body of courier communication - the body performing activities in the field of courier communication and its local divisions;
4) courier route - established procedure of following of staff of bodies of courier communication for delivery of correspondence;
5) service of courier communication - the activities for acceptance, processing, storage, protection and delivery of correspondence performed by bodies of courier communication.
1. Courier communication is intended for ensuring the guaranteed safety and operational delivery to the accepted correspondence for rendering services of courier communication according to the procedure, established by this Law.
2. Powers of the body of the state courier communication (further – the public courier service) which is integral part of forces and safety controls of the state which is acting for the benefit of the government and performing activities in the field of courier communication are determined by this Law and Regulations on the public courier service.
Regulations on the public courier service and procedure for the organization of activities of this service affirm the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkyomenistan.
I. The main objectives of the public courier service are:
1) ensuring operational delivery of correspondence of "special importance", "absolutely confidential", "confidential", diplomatic and other office correspondence sent to the address of the President of Turkmenistan, the Chairman Hulk Maslakhata and the Chairman of Majlis Millie Gengesha of Turkmenistan, vice-chairmen of the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan, or proceeding from them and also accomplishment of orders of specified persons of special nature;
2) providing services for courier communication of the office of the President of Turkmenistan, chambers Millie Gengesha of Turkmenistan, the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan, the Supreme Court of Turkmenistan, the ministries, departments, military and law enforcement agencies, local executive bodies, industrial and military facilities having especially important state value and other organizations;
3) delivery abroad and from abroad to Turkmenistan, on the territory of Turkmenistan of correspondence, military products, and also technical documentation, industrial designs and valuable departures according to the procedure, established by the legislation of Turkmenistan;
4) according to international agreements of Turkmenistan about courier communication ensuring delivery of official mail between Heads of States and Governments, public authorities;
5) providing services for courier communication of bodies of the Commonwealth of Independent States, diplomatic representations, consular and other organizations of foreign states in Turkmenistan, and also diplomatic representations and consular establishments of Turkmenistan in foreign states, bodies of the United Nations.
2. Services of courier communication to the bodies and persons which are not provided by part one of this Article can be performed only based on the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan.
1. Bodies of courier communication perform the activities on the basis of the following principles:
2) the guaranteed safety and operational delivery of correspondence;
3) organizational unity of system of bodies of courier communication;
4) safety of the state secrets, and also protected by the law of other data;
5) one-man management of management and personal responsibility;
6) state submission to control of bodies of courier communication and their officials.
2. In bodies of courier communication creation and activities of organizational structures of political parties, and also the public associations pursuing political goals are not allowed.
courier service with public authorities
1. The public courier service carries out the tasks set for it by government relations and management. At the same time public authorities in accordance with the established procedure shall create the corresponding conditions in places of delivery and acceptance of correspondence.
2. State governing bodies, and also their bodies on places within their powers shall render bodies of the public courier service assistance in providing conditions for the organization of operational delivery and the guaranteed safety of correspondence, and also to give necessary assistance to the staff of the public courier service during execution of obligations by them on transportation of correspondence.
The procedure for rendering the specified help is determined on the basis of agreements of bodies of the public courier service with public authorities.
3. For the purpose of providing services for courier communication of the supreme bodies of the government the staff of the public courier service can be assigned to them, at the same time these bodies they are provided with service premises, vehicles and the equipment.
4. In case of need urgent sending correspondence of the supreme bodies of the government transport enterprises irrespective of pattern of ownership shall provide the staff of the public courier service with seats on the transport going first of all.
5. During action of warlike situation or emergency rule activities of the public courier service are performed according to the legislation of Turkmenistan.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.