of March 26, 2016
About religious liberty and the religious organizations
This Law is based that Turkmenistan, being the democratic, constitutional and secular state, guaranteeing freedom of religions and religion, provides equality of everyone irrespective of his religious beliefs, recognizes historical role of Islam in cultural development and the spiritual life of people, respects other religions, recognizes importance of interfaith consent, religious tolerance and respect of religious beliefs of citizens.
1) religion – outlook and attitude, and also the behavior and specific actions based on faith in someone or in something corresponding to them;
2) religion – the developed dogma belonging to any religion with traditional cult practice;
3) church service – set of the cult ceremonies and actions made by priests on developed ritual and following from requirements of dogma;
4) religious practices – set of the actions established by dogma in which religious representations are realized;
5) religious rituals and ceremonies – the procedure for making of ceremonial actions established by dogma;
6) pilgrimage – visit by believers of historically significant places for worship of shrines of this religion;
7) religious activities – the activities directed to satisfaction of religious needs of believers and also other activities aimed at organizational and material providing of cult practice of the religious organization.
This Law according to the Constitution of Turkmenistan regulates legal relationship in the sphere of rights of man and citizen on religious liberty, and also legal status of the religious organizations.
The main objectives of this Law consist in providing the right of everyone to liberty of conscience and religious liberty, social justice, equality, protection of the rights and legitimate interests irrespective of the relation to religion and religious affiliation, on freedom of consolidation in the religious organizations.
1. The legislation of Turkmenistan on religious liberty and the religious organizations is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan, consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan.
2. If international treaties of Turkmenistan establish other rules than containing in this Law, then rules of international treaties are applied.
1. In Turkmenistan religious liberty, including the right to profess solely or together with others any religion or not to profess any, to freely choose and change, have, express religious and other beliefs, and also to be effective according to them is guaranteed.
2. The right of man and citizen on religious liberty can be temporarily limited to the law only in that measure in what it is necessary for the purpose of protection of bases of the constitutional system, morality, health, the rights and legitimate interests of man and citizen, ensuring defense of the country and safety of the state.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.