of April 15, 2016 No. 227
About approval of Rules of the organization of inspections of International Atomic Energy Agency in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan
According to the subitem 8) of article 5 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 12, 2016 "About use of atomic energy" the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan DECIDES:
Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of April 15, 2016 No. 227
1. These rules of the organization of inspections of International Atomic Energy Agency in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan (further – Rules) are developed according to the subitem 8) of article 5 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 12, 2016 "About use of atomic energy" and establish procedure for the organization of inspections of International Atomic Energy Agency in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan according to the Agreement between the Republic of Kazakhstan and International Atomic Energy Agency on application of guarantees in connection with the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty signed on July 26, 1994 and ratified by the Presidential decree of the Republic of Kazakhstan of June 19, 1995 No. 2344 (further – the Safeguards agreement), and the Additional protocol to the Safeguards agreement signed on February 6, 2004 and ratified by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan of February 19, 2007 No. 229.
2. In these rules the following concepts and determinations are used:
1) material and balance sheet accounting documents – the documents including information on changes of inventory amounts of the nuclear materials, results of measurements of nuclear material, amendments and corrections made in case of determination of changes of inventory amounts of nuclear materials, the registered inventory amounts of nuclear material and actually cash amounts of nuclear material;
2) operational accounting documents – the documents including operational data of nuclear installation on the basis of which changes of quantity and composition of nuclear material are determined;
3) authorized body – the central executive body performing management in the field of use of atomic energy.
3. The International Atomic Energy Agency (further – IAEA) for conducting inspection in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan previously sends the written notice to authorized body.
4. The authorized body after receipt of the notification of IAEA on conducting inspection holds the following events:
1) within one working day is sent to the inspected organization by the notification on the forthcoming inspection. In the notification the type of inspection, passport data of inspectors of IAEA, terms of conducting inspection and the list of the actions planned by inspectors of IAEA according to Article 82 of the Safeguards agreement are specified;
2) performs coordination of interaction of the inspected organization with inspectors of IAEA.
When conducting inspection for the special purposes according to Article 70 of the Safeguards agreement the authorized body provides escort of inspectors of IAEA.
5. The inspected organization after receipt of the notification on the planned inspection of IAEA:
1) appoints persons responsible for work with inspectors of IAEA;
2) is developed by the actions plan on conducting inspection of IAEA;
3) is notified by Committee of homeland security of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the forthcoming inspection.
6. When conducting inspection of IAEA the inspected organization:
1) is provided by the room for works of inspectors of IAEA;
2) provides inspectors of IAEA with necessary individual protection equipment and hygiene;
3) instructs about rules on health protection and safe engineering;
4) provides to inspectors of IAEA necessary documentation, including the material and balance sheet and operational accounting documents as of the day preceding day of inspection signed by person responsible in the organization for accounting and control of nuclear materials, and information of rather organizational structure of the company;
5) provides inspectors of IAEA with communication and transport for movement in the subordinated territory;
6) is provided by escort of inspectors of IAEA in the subordinated territory;
7) is provided by accomplishment of the actions planned by inspectors of IAEA for the period of conducting inspection;
8) provides access to places of inspection;
9) takes measures for the purpose of simplification of consideration by inspectors of accounting documents if they are conducted not in the English, Spanish, Russian or French languages;
10) provides conditions for carrying out inspection works of IAEA, including for installation and use of oborudovaniye of measurement and observation, installation of seal and other devices of indication of intervention, carrying out visual observation and photography of the approved places;
11) in case of sampling by inspectors of IAEA, performs their storage and transfer to the carrier rendering transport services to IAEA in agreed time frames.
7. After conducting inspection the organization submits in authorized body the report on the works which are carried out by inspectors of IAEA within 10 working days.
8. The authorized body notifies the organization on results of the inspection which is carried out by inspectors of IAEA within 10 working days after receipt of information from IAEA.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.