The declaration between the Republic of Kazakhstan and Ukraine on further development of cooperation
of October 14, 1997
The Republic of Kazakhstan and Ukraine which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
being guided by the principles established in Articles of organization of the United Nations and also provisions of documents of Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe,
confirming the commitment to the commonly accepted rules of international law,
showing determination to strengthening of traditional friendship and partnership, enrichment by the positive experience of cooperation accumulated by the Parties
proceeding from the principles underlain in the Treaty of friendship and cooperation between the Republic of Kazakhstan and Ukraine of January 20, 1994, created premises for new stage of development of the relations,
realizing need of more complete use of material and intellectual capacities of two countries, developments of specific approaches to realization of practical tasks of development of further cooperation according to new political, economic and social realities,
declare the following:
1. The parties are convinced that before them new ample opportunities in achievement of higher level of cooperation in the spirit of openness and mutual understanding in all areas which are of mutual interest open.
2. The parties will aim at maintenance of intensive and constructive dialogue at all levels including on the highest, for the purpose of further strengthening of the bilateral relations between the Republic of Kazakhstan and Ukraine.
3. The parties attach importance to cooperation of two countries within the Commonwealth of Independent States and express aspiration to enhancement of activities of the CIS.
4. The parties, taking into account the national interests, will give mutual support in the aspiration to be integrated into the European and Asian political and economic structures, and also structures of safety.
5. The parties agreed that mutual respect, equality, and also participation of the Parties in the international cases are the important principles of the interstate relations irrespective of the choice of social system, ways and models of development, means and reference points for ensuring the national security in case of understanding of indivisibility of safety and impossibility of its achievement due to interests of other states, proceeding from own specific conditions and without intervention from other states.
6. The parties express satisfaction with certain practical results of trade and economic cooperation, specify availability of unused opportunities for further development of mutually advantageous partnership and declare determination to render assistance in enhancement existing and search of new forms of bonds with use of industrial, scientific and technical capacities of two states.
At the same time the Parties attach special significance to activities of the Joint Kazakhstan-Ukrainian commission on trade and economic cooperation designed to promote actively use of capacities of two countries for transition to qualitatively new level of commercial ties.
7. Being based on the trade and economic relations established for years of independence, and also taking into account signed bilateral and multilateral contractual legal documents and earlier existing cooperation bonds, the Parties recognize need of program and target approach on cooperation in such priority directions as: power, including oil-and-gas sector, mechanical engineering, scientific and technical, military and technical, peaceful space exploration, transport, agricultural production and conversion of agricultural products, etc. At the same time the Parties agreed to promote establishment and development of different forms of interaction between business entities of two countries.
8. The parties will encourage in every possible way development of inter-parliamentary bonds, and also cooperation and experience exchange in legislative activities and forming of democratic institutes.
9. The parties will promote establishing contacts between regional authorities, and also public and non-governmental organizations in the areas which are of mutual interest.
10. The parties will continue search of mutually acceptable decisions in regulation of process of migration of citizens of two countries.
11. The parties, recognizing importance of cooperation in the field of culture, in particular, in ensuring national and cultural needs of Kazakhs for Ukraine and Ukrainians in Kazakhstan, will encourage exchanges in the field of culture, and also to help cooperation in the field of science, education, tourism, physical culture and sport.
12. The parties will perform regular experience exchange and information on social and economic development of two countries.
13. The Republic of Kazakhstan and Ukraine will take effective measures for practical implementation of earlier signed contracts and agreements, making efforts on extension of the contractual legal base of the bilateral relations.
PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN N. A. NAZARBAYEV
PRESIDENT OF UKRAINE L. D. KUCHMA
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.