The agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of Georgia on cooperation in military area
of November 11, 1997
The government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of Georgia which further are referred to as with the Parties, confirming the commitment to the purposes and the principles of Articles of organization of the United Nations, the Helsinki final act and other documents of the Organization of Safety and the Cooperation in Europe,
being guided by provisions of the Agreement on collective security of May 15, 1992, and also other arrangements within the Commonwealth of Independent States,
considering the developing full cooperation and need of forming of system of ensuring national security of both Parties, aspiration to the mutually acceptable solution of the questions connected with development of their armed forces
confirming mutual intentions to develop cooperation on the principles of equality, mutual respect, sovereignty and territorial integrity of each other,
agreed as follows.
The parties perform military cooperation according to legislations of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Georgia.
Each Party will provide creation of necessary legal conditions for the conclusion of agreements (contracts) in the field of military cooperation.
The parties cooperate in the following spheres:
- construction of armed forces and management of them in peace time;
- repair and operation of military equipment and arms;
- material logistics of troops;
- equipment of armed forces standard modern types of arms and military equipment, components and creation of joint businesses (productions) for their release;
- cooperation of the military production;
- standardization of arms and military equipment;
- joint use of repair shops of the Parties;
- military education, preparation and retraining of military personnel;
- military topography and geodesy;
- development of the principles and actions for maintenance of combat and mobilization readiness of armed forces;
- military scientific research, research and developmental work;
- military and technical and military legal information;
- environmental protection;
- cultural actions and organization of rest of the military personnel;
- other areas as agreed by the parties.
The cooperation is performed in the following forms:
- official visits and meetings at the level of Ministers of Defence or other representatives them representatives;
- consultations, experience exchange and information;
- negotiations of working groups;
- training of military specialists by their training at rates and training;
- mutual invitations for participation in doctrines, demonstration of the equipment and arms;
- participation in the festive, cultural, sporting and other events organized by the Ministries of Defence of the Parties;
- the invitation of military specialists as consultants;
- other forms of cooperation by mutual consent.
Each of the Parties not take part in the unions or agreements of military nature directed against other Party and also not to allow use of the territories for hostile activities against other Party.
The parties agreed to perform mutual preparation of military personnel, proceeding from needs of Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Armed Forces of Georgia on the basis of free standing agreements (contracts).
The parties guarantee information security and the data received during bilateral contacts and negotiations, including confidential nature and not use them to the detriment of interests of the Parties.
Information and data in oral and in writing, received during bilateral contacts and negotiations, are protected according to acting legislations of the Parties and do not intend for the publication in mass media.
The parties assume obligation not to apply in the interstate conflicts in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Georgia the arms, military equipment and other appliances received by the Parties during bilateral cooperation in military area and also not to transfer them to the third parties or individuals.
In case of disputes on interpretation and application of regulations of this agreement of the Party will resolve them by negotiations and consultations.
At the initiative of the either party and on the basis of mutual consent additions and changes which are drawn up by the relevant protocols which are its integral part after their entry into force according to the procedure provided in Article 9 of this agreement can be made to this agreement.
This Agreement is temporarily applied from the date of signing and becomes effective from the date of the last notification on accomplishment of each of the Parties of the interstate procedures necessary for its introduction in force.
This agreement is signed for a period of 5 years and then will be prolonged automatically for the subsequent five-year periods if any of the Parties by the written notice does not declare the desire to stop its action at least in six months prior to the expiration of the next five-year term.
It is made in the city of Almaty on November 11, 1997 in two authentic copies, everyone in the Kazakh, Georgian and Russian languages, and both texts are equally authoritative. For the purposes of interpretation of provisions of this agreement the text in Russian will be applied.
For the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan
For the Government of Georgia
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.