of May 6, 1998 No. 6
About prohibition of import and realization of dietary supplements (parapharmaceutical medicines) without the state certification in the Republic of Moldova
Recently to the Republic of Moldova some biologically active agents are imported and implemented: bionutrients, parapharmaceutical medicines without certificates of origin, documents confirming their quality, official information from country of source of products on clinical trials and their results, registration and permissions of free realization by bodies of health care, etc.
The realization of these biologically active agents in the country is enabled without identification or the state certification (pharmacological and toxicological researches) by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Moldova; some even register for treatment of patients with different diseases.
In advertizing booklets it is specified about food at the level of cage, that type dietary supplements \"HERBALIFE \" and others represent the programs of natural food regulating metabolism in organism about their use in certain doses in the medical and preventive purposes. At the same time some medicines contain biologically active agents, such as the ginseng or other herbs prohibited as additives to food allowance in many countries (Simfitum to ofitsinala).
Uncontrolled use of such substances can lead to undesirable effects for health of the population.
There is also risk of import as parapharmaceutical medicines of some substances, toxic for life and health of the consumer.
Dietary supplements were not registered by the International Organization of Health Care (IOHC), including the Code Alimentarius.
Based on the Law of the Republic of Moldova No. 1513-XII of 16.06.93 \"About sanitary and epidemiologic providing the population \" (Articles 12, 13, 33)
1. Prohibit import and realization to the population of dietary supplements (parapharmaceutical medicines, nutrients) without identification or the state certification by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Moldova.
2. For identification and the state certification of dietary supplements (parapharmaceutical medicines, nutrients) local or foreign producers submit necessary documentation to the commissions \"the Medicine \" or \"Foodstuff, additives and vitamins \" (depending on medicines) at National institute of pharmacy according to the Order of the Government No. 596 of 01.07.97.
3. To chief physicians of treatment and prevention facilities to ensure educational functioning and control of non-admission of use in the treatment-and-prophylactic and dietary purposes of not certified and not identified products according to the existing regulations in the Republic of Moldova.
4. To prohibit department of customs control import to the territory of the Republic of Moldova of dietary supplements, additives to diet in the absence of their registration certificate issued by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Moldova.
5. Actionees of this resolution are legal entities and physical persons irrespective of pattern of ownership which import, make, store, transport and realize biologically active agents, parapharmaceutical medicines, nutrients.
7. Provide distribution of this resolution to mass media for acquaintance of economic agents and the population.
Control over the implementation of this resolution is imposed on Mr. N. Opopol, the deputy chief state health officer of the Republic of Moldova, the chief state health officers of the cities and areas.
Chief State health officer of the Republic of Moldova
To Valeriu Kik
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.