The declaration between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Azerbaijan Republic on further development and deepening of cooperation
of June 10, 1997
The Republic of Kazakhstan and the Azerbaijan Republic, hereinafter referred to as "Parties", relying on historically developed traditions of friendship of the people of two countries and aiming at development and deepening of full cooperation;
understanding need of close interaction for use of capacities of two states, for the purpose of implementation of the specific measures promoting expansion and deepening of bilateral cooperation;
noting similarity of the tasks facing the Parties on construction of the democratic constitutional state founded on political pluralism, market economy, rule of law and respect of the rights and fundamental freedoms of the person;
confirming the commitment to the universally recognized norms of international law, to the purposes and the principles of Articles of organization of the United Nations, provisions of the Helsinki Final act and other documents of Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe;
being guided by provisions of the Agreement on bases of the relations between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Azerbaijan Republic of the September 16, 1996 which gave new impulse to development and strengthening of versatile cooperation between two friendly states: declare as follows:
1. The parties will make necessary efforts for achievement of higher level of strategic partnership and efforts in further strengthening of their sovereignty, independence, territorial integrity and inviolability of borders will support each other.
2. The parties note need of development of cooperation for the purpose of strengthening of stability and safety and trust in the Euroasian region, including concerning development of Democratic institutes, the rights and fundamental freedoms of the person.
3. The parties will develop and deepen cooperation within the International organizations and forums for the purpose of approval of line items concerning regional and global nature.
4. The parties condemn any forms of manifestation of act of aggression, terrorism and separatism leading to undermining human rights, fundamental freedoms and democratic basis of society, threatening territorial integrity and safety of the state.
5. The parties consider that they the fastest peaceful settlement of armed conflicts are extremely important condition of strengthening of the atmosphere of trust and safety in the Euro-Asian region and prevention of threat of emergence of the new centers of the conflicts.
6. The parties highly appreciate documents of the Lisbon Summit of OSCE and express strong confidence that settlement of armed conflicts in the region based on the principles containing in these documents will create reliable guarantee for achievement of peace, stability and trust.
7. The parties on the basis of mutual interest and according to the principles fixed in the Kazakhstan-Azerbaijani agreements on trade and economic cooperation will create favorable conditions for further development and strengthening of the relations of partnership. For this purpose the governments of two states will be given the corresponding instructions on further development of full cooperation, active use of capacity of two countries for transition to qualitatively new level of commercial ties.
8. The parties will perform regular experience exchange and information on the course of the reforms performed in their countries.
9. The parties decided to create the joint intergovernmental commission on trade and economic cooperation.
10. The parties will make necessary efforts for creation and functioning of the Euroasian transport corridor as important development tool of trade and economic cooperation between the states of the region.
11. The parties confirmed intention to transport the Kazakhstan oil through the Caspian Sea to Azerbaijan and further to Europe.
The parties to the conclusion of the Convention "About Legal Status of the Caspian Sea" will adhere to borders of parts, sectors to the Caspian Sea on the median line and will render assistance to cooperation of the companies and organizations in the field of investigation, development, production, conversion, transportation and realization of hydrocarbonic resources on agreed terms.
12. The parties will promote development of sci-tech cooperation, recognizing their importance in strengthening of mutual understanding between the people of two countries.
13. The parties intend to activate cooperation in the field of fight against organized crime, illicit trafficking in drugs and psychotropic substances, terrorism and other types of dangerous crimes and for this purpose to promote interaction of law enforcement agencies of two countries.
14. The parties will assist development and strengthening of inter-parliamentary bonds, and also experience exchange in legislative activities.
15. The parties will make efforts on further development of the contractual legal base of the bilateral relations and implementation of signed contracts and agreements.
It is made in Almaty on June "10", 1997, in duplicate, everyone in the Kazakh, Azerbaijani and Russian languages, and all texts are equally authoritative.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.