The agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan on cooperation in the field of rail transport
of June 2, 1997
The government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan, hereinafter referred to as "Contracting parties",
attaching importance to international carriages of passengers and loads by rail between both states and transit through their territory to the third states and from them,
noting mutual interest in development of cooperation in the field of rail transport on the basis of equality and mutual advantage, for the purpose of ensuring the approved process of transportations of passengers and loads,
agreed as follows:
1. Contracting parties shall promote in every possible way free implementation of transportations of passengers and loads by rail between both states and transit through their territories, transfers of loads, to safety of movement and safety of loads, and also passings of frontiers and customs procedures according to the existing regulations, and also the legislation of the states of Contracting Parties.
2. Contracting parties confirm the consent to freely provide the border stations for export-import transit transactions to other Contracting Party.
For coordination of the questions connected with activities of rail transport, Contracting Parties appoint competent authorities:
in the Republic of Kazakhstan - the Republican state company "Kazakhstan temir Zhola" or another, the body authorized by it,
in the Republic of Uzbekistan - State and joint-stock rail carrier "Uzbekistan томир yullar" or another, the body authorized by it.
1. Under the organization of transportations of passengers and loads by rail on the territory of the states of Contracting Parties, and also en route from the third states or to the third states, Contracting Parties coordinate the actions taking into account international agreements which participants are Contracting Parties, the national legal system of both states, and if necessary, sign free standing agreements.
2. Contracting parties, in case of the conclusion of the agreements in the field of rail transport with other states infringing on interests of other Contracting Party will inform it of it.
1. Procedure for rail transit haulings through the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the Republic of Kazakhstan and through the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan to the Republic of Uzbekistan are determined by international agreements which participants are Contracting Parties.
2. The procedure of payments for the international passenger and freight transportation and the rendered services is determined by the agreements signed between competent authorities of Contracting Parties.
3. For the operational solution of the questions connected with transportations, competent authorities of Contracting Parties can open the representations in the territory of the state of other Contracting Party.
Contracting parties will keep the developed information exchange between the railroads of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Republic of Kazakhstan and will promote its further development. Changes will be performed if necessary according to the mutual arrangement of competent authorities.
Contracting parties shall render assistance to railway personnel during its stay in the territory of other state in case of accomplishment of the service duties, and in case of sudden diseases or injuries - necessary medical care.
Competent authorities of one Contracting Party bear liability for the material damage caused on their fault to rail transport of other Contracting Party according to the existing regulations, and also the legislation of the states of Contracting Parties.
Contracting parties will charge to the competent authorities to sign bilateral agreements on the organization of transportations of passengers and loads, mutual deliveries of railway vehicles, the equipment, equipment, spare parts to them, material resources for needs of rail transport, to repair of railway vehicles, the machinery and equipment and other questions coordinating activities of rail transport.
Contracting parties grant the right to competent authorities to hold negotiations on economic evaluation and accounting of mutual interests, determination of procedure for preparation and approval of technological parameters of transportation work.
Contracting parties will inform each other on the made or preparing decisions in the field of scientific and technical policy on rail transport.
Contracting parties will cooperate in the field of training of specialists of rail transport and to recognize the qualification documents issued to each of Contracting Parties which will have equal legal force in the territory of both states and not to require legalization.
1. The matters of argument arising in case of interpretation and application of this agreement will be solved Contracting Parties by direct negotiations and consultations.
2. Changes and amendments to this agreement can be accepted by mutual consent of Contracting Parties and are drawn up by the special protocol which becomes integral part of this agreement.
This agreement becomes effective from the date of the last notification of Contracting Parties on accomplishment of interstate procedures necessary for this purpose by them and is effective before the expiration of six months from the date of the written notice of one of Contracting Parties of the intention to stop its action.
It is made in the city of Almaty on June 2, 1997 in two authentic copies, everyone in the Kazakh, Uzbek and Russian languages, and all texts are equally authoritative. In case of different interpretation of texts the text of the Agreement in Russian is assumed as a basis.
For the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan
For the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.