of December 9, 2004 No. 72
About consumer protection
This Law governs the relations arising between consumers and manufacturers, contractors, sellers in case of sales of goods (performance of works, rendering services), establishes the rights of consumers to purchase of goods (works, services) of proper quality and safe for life and health, receipt of information on goods (works, services) and about their manufacturers (contractors, sellers), provides the state and public protection of consumer interests, and also determines the mechanism of realization of these rights.
The basic concepts used in this Law:
- the consumer - the physical person or legal entity having the intention to order or acquire or ordering acquiring or using goods (works, services) only for the personal, family, house and other needs which are not connected with implementation of business activity;
- manufacturer - the organization, irrespective of its form of business, and also the individual entrepreneur, the making goods for realization to consumers;
- the contractor - the organization, irrespective of its pattern of ownership, and also the individual entrepreneur, the performing works or the rendering services to consumers under the paid and non-paid agreement;
- the seller - the organization, irrespective of its form of business, and also the individual entrepreneur, the implementing goods to consumers according to the purchase and sale agreement;
- the sales receipt - the coupon from cash desk with designation of details of the seller (manufacturer), the amount relating to goods, its production, storage, purchase and sale;
- the cash register receipt - printed by means of control - cash register the coupon with indication of the received amount, sale dates, names of the organization (individual entrepreneur) making goods for realization;
- the standard - state standard, sanitary and construction standards and rules and other regulating documents which according to the law establish mandatory requirements to goods quality (works, services);
- goods quality (works, services) - set of the corresponding characteristics of goods (work, service) relating to its capability to satisfy the established and (or) estimated requirements of the consumer (safety, functional suitability, operational characteristics, reliability, economic, information esthetic requirements, etc.);
- warranty period - calendar term (in months) or practices (in hours, cycles of operations, run kilometers, etc.) during which the goods (result of work, service) shall conform to all requirements to its quality determined according to the procedure, established by the legislation;
- expiration date - the period after which the goods (result of work) are considered unsuitable for proper use;
- service life - the period during which the manufacturer (contractor) shall provide to the consumer possibility of use of goods (result of work) to destination and guarantees safety of goods (result of work) for life, health of consumers, and also the environment;
- storage duration - the period during which the goods (results of work or service), in case of observance of the established storage conditions, keep all the properties specified in the regulating document establishing quality requirements of goods (work, service), or in the agreement;
- lack of goods (work, service) or goods of inadequate quality - discrepancy of goods (work, service) to the standard, terms of the contract or usually qualifying standards to goods quality (works, services);
- the essential lack of goods (work, service) - shortcoming which makes impossible or inadmissible use of goods (work, service) according to its purpose either cannot be eliminated or is shown after elimination again, or for elimination of which big costs or owing to which the consumer substantially loses what he had the right to expect in case of the conclusion of the agreement are required;
- safety of goods (work, service) - safety of goods (work, service) for life, health, property of the consumer and the environment in case of its use, storage, transportation and utilization, and also safety of process of performance of work (rendering service).
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.