of October 16, 2015
About cooperation of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States in the field of the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations
The State Parties of this agreement which further are referred to as with the Parties
understanding danger which is born by emergency situations,
recognizing that the cooperation in the field of the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations will help growth in prosperity and strengthening of safety of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States,
in view of possibility of emergency situations which cannot be liquidated by forces and means of one of the Parties, and also the need for the coordinated actions of the Parties caused by it,
highly appreciating long-term positive experience of cooperation in the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations of natural and technogenic nature within implementation of the accepted multi-lateral and bilateral agreements,
being guided by the Concept of further development of the Commonwealth of Independent States,
agreed as follows:
For the purposes of this agreement the following terms are used:
the requesting Party - the Party which makes inquiry about rendering to it the help in the prevention and/or liquidation of emergency situations;
the required Party - the Party to which make inquiry about assistance in the prevention and/or liquidation of emergency situations;
the providing Party - the Party giving help at the request of the requesting Party;
competent authority - the body of the Party responsible according to the national legal system for the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations and implementation of this agreement;
the coordinating body - the Interstate council on emergency situations of natural and technogenic nature created according to article 9 of the Agreement on interaction in the field of the prevention and mitigation of consequences of emergency situations of natural and technogenic nature of January 22, 1993;
emergency situation - the situation which developed in certain territory as a result of accident, natural hazard, natural or other disaster which can entail or entailed the human victims, damnification to human health or the environment, significant material damage and violation of conditions of life activity of people;
the prevention of emergency situations - complex of the events held beforehand and directed to the greatest possible reduction of risk of emergence of emergency situations, and also to preserving human health, decrease in the extent of the harm done to the environment and material damage in case of their origin;
liquidation of emergency situations - the rescue and other work types which are carried out in case of emergency situations;
rescue and other work types - the actions directed to rescuing of life and preserving human health, recovery of life support systems, decrease in the extent of harm to the environment and material losses and also on localization of zones of emergency situations;
forming on assistance - the group (or groups) specialists directed by competent authority of the providing Party, intended for assistance in the field of the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations, provided with necessary equipment;
equipment - the property intended for the prevention and liquidation of emergency situation, materials, technical and vehicles, equipment and the equipment of forming on assistance, personal equipment of members of forming, the means of communication, medicines, the medical equipment and other necessary property, and also search dogs;
providing materials - the appliances intended for distribution among the population injured with emergency situation;
transit State - The party through which territory there is movement of forming on assistance, equipment and materials of providing.
1. The legal basis of cooperation of the Parties in the field of the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations is made by the conventional principles and rules of international law, the international obligations and the legislation of the Parties, and also this agreement.
2. In case of emergency situation or emergence of threat of its origin in the territory of one of the Parties this Party can make inquiry about assistance to other Party or the Parties.
3. The parties give each other help according to the opportunities and on the basis of voluntariness. Conditions of assistance are determined in each case by agreement of the requesting and providing Parties.
The parties perform cooperation in the following main forms:
the mutual notification about emergency situations;
forecasting and monitoring of emergency situations;
planning and holding actions for the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations;
experience exchange on the organization of preparation of the population for actions in emergency situations;
exchange of information about the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations, periodicals, methodical and other literature, video and photographic materials;
organization of joint conferences, seminars, working meetings, doctrines, trainings and specialized exhibitions;
training of specialists on contractual basis, exchange of trainees, teachers, scientists and specialists;
implementation of other activities in the field of the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations which is approved by competent authorities of the Parties.
1. The parties inform depositary of this agreement on competent authorities along with the notification on accomplishment of the interstate procedures necessary for entry into force of this agreement.
2. Competent authorities of the Parties during implementation of this agreement come into direct contacts.
Competent authorities of the Parties annually, in the first quarter, inform the coordinating body on contacts and the performed activities within this agreement.
3. In case of determination of other competent authorities, changes of their functions or names of the Party within 30 days from acceptance date of the relevant decision inform on it depositary which brings this information to each of the Parties.
1. The help is provided based on the written request in which are specified the place, time, nature, scales of emergency situations and situation at the moment, and also priorities of the required help.
Information is constantly updated by the requesting Party for reflection of the latest events and changes in operational situation in zone of emergency situation.
2. The required Party in the shortest possible time considers the appeal of the requesting Party and informs it on types and amount, and also assistance conditions. In case of impossibility of assistance information on it without delay goes to the requesting Party.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.