of July 10, 2015
About cooperation and interaction of state members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization on boundary questions
The state members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization which further are referred to as with the Parties
being guided by provisions of the Agreement on cooperation in the field of identification and overlapping of channels of penetration in the territory of state members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization of persons involved in terrorist, separatist and extremist activities of June 15, 2006,
being guided by the national legal system and the conventional principles and rules of international law,
for the purpose of strengthening of cooperation and interaction in the field of protection of frontiers and safety in the border territories of the Parties,
proceeding from mutual interest in acceptance of the effective measures directed to counteraction to threats in the boundary sphere
agreed as follows:
For the purposes of this agreement the concepts applied in it mean:
"Boundary activities" - the activities of competent authorities of the Parties performed according to the national legal system on protection of frontier and the omission through it of persons, vehicles, goods, animals and plants;
"The border territory" - the territory of each of the Parties adjacent to frontier, the boundary rivers, lakes and other reservoirs, the coast of the sea where according to the legislation of the Parties boundary activities, and also the territories of check points through frontier are performed.
The competent authorities of the Parties responsible for implementation of this agreement (further - competent authorities), are:
from the Republic of Kazakhstan - Committee of homeland security of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
from People's Republic of China - the Ministry of public safety of People's Republic of China;
from the Kyrgyz Republic - the State Border Service of the Kyrgyz Republic;
from the Russian Federation - Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation;
from the Republic of Tajikistan - the State committee of homeland security of the Republic of Tajikistan;
from the Republic of Uzbekistan - Service of homeland security of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The parties without delay through diplomatic channels notify depositary on change of the competent authorities.
Coordination of cooperation and interaction of competent authorities of the Parties is performed by Regional anti-terrorist structure of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
The parties taking into account mutual interests, on the basis of the national legal system, the conventional principles and rules of international law perform cooperation and interaction for the purpose of:
- safety of the Parties in the border territories;
- increases in opportunities of competent authorities of the Parties in the field of protection of frontiers;
- coordination of efforts of competent authorities of the Parties in identification, the prevention and suppression of unlawful activity on frontiers;
- fight against terrorism, extremism and separatism, arms trafficking, ammunition, explosive and toxic agents, radioactive materials, drugs, psychotropic substances and their precursors, illegal migration and other transnational crime in the border territory;
- development of the contractual legal base of the Parties in boundary questions.
The cooperation and interaction within this agreement is performed in the following directions:
- planning and implementation of the approved boundary activities;
- information exchange;
- professional training, retraining and advanced training of personnel of competent authorities according to international treaties;
- other activities of competent authorities which are of mutual interest and not contradicting the national legal system of the Parties.
The cooperation and interaction within this agreement is performed in the following forms:
- holding the approved actions by competent authorities of the Parties in the border territories;
- exchange of data on situation in the border territory, including about the preparing or committed violations of the mode of frontier, and also other information on unlawful activity in the border territory;
- experience exchange on providing the mode of frontier, boundary regime and mode at check points through frontier;
- exchange of legislative and other regulatory legal acts, including samples of documents of each Party for the right of entrance (departure) to the territory of the state, methodical recommendations about questions of counteraction to threats in the boundary sphere;
- holding meetings, conferences, seminars and other working meetings.
For coordination of sales activity of this agreement meetings of heads of competent authorities of the Parties or their deputies for boundary questions are held.
The specified meetings are held at least once a year, under the direction of the Party presiding in Council of Regional anti-terrorist structure of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
At the initiative of competent authority of one of the Parties emergency meetings can be held.
In need of the period between meetings working meetings of experts of competent authorities of the Parties are held.
For operational interaction competent authorities of the Parties will determine authorized divisions and methods of communication what will inform Executive committee of Regional anti-terrorist structure of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization on.
Information exchange within this agreement is performed through Executive committee of Regional anti-terrorist structure of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
For information exchange meetings of heads and experts of competent authorities of the Parties, business correspondence, technical means of information transfer are used.
Information obtained during implementation of this agreement cannot be transferred to the third party without written consent of competent authority from which it was received.
Degree of privacy of information is determined by competent authority of the transferring Party.
Transfer and protection of the classified information within this agreement is performed according to provisions of the Security agreement of protection of the classified information within Regional anti-terrorist structure of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization of June 17, 2004.
The Parties bear the expenses connected with implementation of this agreement independently, unless otherwise specified.
The disputes and disagreements arising in connection with interpretation and/or application of provisions of this agreement are solved by consultations and negotiations.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.