of January 14, 2016 No. 444-V ZRK
About precious metals and gemstones
This Law governs the public relations arising in the sphere of production of precious metals and turnover of precious metals and gemstones, the primary goods containing precious metals, jewelry and other products from precious metals and gemstones.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) gemstones - natural diamonds, emeralds, rubies, sapphires and alexandrite, and also natural pearls in the crude (natural) and processed type. Unique amber educations are equated to gemstones;
2) examination of gemstones, jewelry and other products from precious metals and gemstones (further - examination) - the organization and carrying out the testing performed by authorized organizations, the including identifications of gemstones and approbation of precious metals in jewelry and other products from precious metals and gemstones, check of authenticity of prints of assay brands;
3) identification of gemstones - establishment of compliance of classification and cost characteristics of gemstones to requirements of the specifications and technical documentation;
4) mark - the special sign put on jewelry and other products from precious metals and gemstones and certifying the manufacturer jewelry and other products from precious metals and gemstones;
5) refining - process of purification of precious metals of impurity and the accompanying components, bringing precious metals to the quality conforming to the national or international standard;
6) the affined gold - the gold received as a result of refining in the form of ingots, plates, granules and powder;
7) precious metals - gold, silver, platinum and metals of platinum group (palladium, iridium, rhodium, ruthenium and osmium) in any condition and type;
8) the nuggets of precious metals which are not subject to refining, - the nuggets of precious metals differing by the sizes from the prevailing particles of precious metal on this specific field markedly and having the mass of more 0,3 of gram, allocated from mineral raw material of precious metals, intended for the address in the internal and external markets, uses in the production, scientific, welfare purposes;
9) the scrap and waste of precious metals which - became useless, which lost operational value or subject to liquidation of product and (or) their components which contain precious metal, and also the remaining balance of the materials containing precious metal, intermediate products of metallurgical production which is formed in case of production and use of products of technical and household purpose including unrecoverable scrap which can be used for the subsequent conversion for the purpose of extraction of precious metals;
10) production of precious metals - extraction of precious metals from the extracted complex ores, concentrates and other semi-products containing precious metals from scrap and waste of precious metals, and also refining of precious metals;
11) subjects of production of precious metals - the legal entities of the Republic of Kazakhstan performing production of precious metals in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
12) jewelry and other products from precious metals and gemstones (further - jewelry and other products) - products, except for coins from precious metals, made of gemstones, precious metals and their alloys with use of different types of art processing, with inserts from gemstones and other materials of natural or artificial origin or without them, applied as various jewelry, utilitarian household items and (or) to the cult and decorative purposes;
13) turnover of precious metals and gemstones, the primary goods containing precious metals, jewelry and other products - import, export, making of civil transactions with the precious metals and gemstones, primary goods containing precious metals, jewelry and other products, acquisition of right by the state of the affined gold within the priority right and also use of precious metals and gemstones for investment and other needs;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.