of December 30, 2015 No. 431-FZ
About geodesy, cartography and space data and on modification of separate legal acts of the Russian Federation
Accepted by the State Duma on December 22, 2015
Approved by the Federation Council on December 25, 2015
This Federal Law governs the relations arising when implementing geodetic and cartographic activities including search, collection, storage, processing, provision and distribution of space data, including with use of information systems.
The relations arising when implementing geodetic and cartographic activities are regulated by this Federal Law, other Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation accepted according to them.
In this Federal Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) geodesy - area of the relations arising in the course of scientific, educational, productive and other activity by determination of figure, gravitational field of Earth, coordinates and heights of points of the land surface and space objects, and also changes in time of the specified coordinates and heights;
2) cartography - area of the relations arising in the course of scientific, educational, productive and other activity on studying, creation, use, transformation and display of space data, including with use of information systems;
3) space objects - natural objects, artificial and other objects (including buildings, constructions) which location can be determined, and also natural celestial bodies;
4) space data - the data on space objects including the data on their form, location and properties including provided with use of coordinates;
5) data on space data (space metadata) - data which allow to describe the content and other characteristics of space data necessary for their identification and search;
6) scale - the piece length relation on the card to the valid length of this piece on the area;
7) system of coordinates - statutory rules of correlation of digital values of coordinates and points of space;
8) geodetic Item - the engineering design fixing point of the land surface with certain coordinates;
9) leveling Item - the engineering design fixing point of the land surface or space object with certain values of its height;
10) gravimetric Item - the engineering design fixing point of the land surface with which results of gravimetric measurements are compared;
11) the differential geodetic station - the electronic device placed on point of the land surface with certain coordinates, which is carrying out acceptance and processing of signals of navigation satellite systems and providing information transfer, the accuracy of determination of coordinates, necessary for increase, as a result of accomplishment of geodetic works with use of navigation satellite systems;
12) geodetic network - set of the geodetic Items used for the purpose of establishment and (or) distribution of the systems of coordinates provided by this Federal Law;
13) the state leveling network - set of the leveling Items used for the purpose of establishment or distribution of the state system of heights;
14) the state gravimetric network - set of the gravimetric Items having the values determined as a result of gravimetric measurements;
15) the card - the reduced generalized image of the land surface, other natural celestial bodies or their parts on the plane received according to the requirements provided by this Federal Law in certain scale and projection and also with use of conventional signs.
1. Subjects of geodetic and cartographic activities are public authorities of the Russian Federation, public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation, local government bodies, and also physical persons and legal entities, including foreign physical persons and legal entities.
2. Public authorities of the Russian Federation, public authorities of subjects of the Russian Federation, local government bodies have in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation the right to organize accomplishment of geodetic and cartographic works if results of such works are necessary for implementation of the powers by them.
1. When implementing geodetic activities geodetic works on determination of coordinates and (or) heights of points of the land surface, space objects, changes in time of the specified coordinates and heights, on determination of parameters of figure of Earth, its gravitational field for this purpose, and also are performed on creation of geodetic networks (including geodetic networks of special purpose), the state leveling networks and the state gravimetric networks.
2. When implementing cartographic activities cartographic works on collection and processing of space data for the purpose of possibility of their subsequent display on plans, maps and in atlases (including electronically), including photogrammetric and topographical works, including works on creation of the special and topographic maps and (or) plans or other cartographic materials provided by this Federal Law are performed.
3. Accomplishment of geodetic and cartographic works when implementing town-planning and cadastral activities, land management, subsurface use, other activities, including in case of establishment, change and refining of passing of Frontier of the Russian Federation (including its delimitation, demarcation), in case of establishment, change of borders between subjects of the Russian Federation, borders of municipalities, is regulated by this Federal Law.
4. Requirements to geodetic and cartographic works and their results, the geodetic and cartographic works except for specified regarding the 2nd article 6 of this Federal Law, are established by the federal executive body performing functions on development of state policy and normative legal regulation in the field of geodesy and cartography and also in coordination with it other federal executive bodies within their competence.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.