of July 22, 2015 No. 19
About approval of Rules of professional ethics of funeral case
Based on part three of article 6 of the Law of the Republic of Belarus of November 12, 2001 "About burial and funeral case" in edition of the Law of the Republic of Belarus of January 8, 2015, subitem 4.4 of item 4 of the Regulations on the Ministry of Housing and Public Utilities of the Republic of Belarus approved by the resolution of Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus of July 31, 2006 No. 968 "Questions of the Ministry of Housing and Public Utilities of the Republic of Belarus", the Ministry of Housing and Public Utilities of the Republic of Belarus DECIDES:
1. Approve the enclosed Rules of professional ethics of funeral case.
A. A. Terekhov
Approved by the Resolution of the Ministry of Housing and Public Utilities of the Republic of Belarus of July 22, 2015 No. 19
1. These rules determine fundamentals of professional ethics when rendering in the Republic of Belarus by employees of the specialized organizations, other legal entities and individual entrepreneurs, individual entrepreneurs of services in the field of funeral case (further if other is not established, - persons rendering services in the field of funeral case) to customers of funeral services.
2. For the purposes of these rules terms and their determinations in the values determined by the Law of the Republic of Belarus of November 12, 2001 "About burial and funeral case" are used (The national register of legal acts of the Republic of Belarus, 2001, No. 107, 2/804; National legal Internet portal of the Republic of Belarus, 11.01. 2015, 2/2235), and also following terms and their determinations:
the customer of funeral services - the person ordering, acquiring goods (work, service) or using goods (work, service) for the organization of burial and (or) implementation of care of sites for burial;
persons who suffered loss - the surviving spouse (spouse) of the died (dead) (further - the dead), close relatives (parents, adoptive parents (adopters), children including adopted (adopted) brothers and sisters, the grandfather, the grandma or grandsons), the legal representative of the dead, other physical persons participating in funeral.
3. When rendering services in the field of funeral case it is necessary to observe the following moral ethical principles:
4. The respect, sympathy, politeness consist in manifestation by persons rendering services in the field of funeral case, keenness, goodwill, attentiveness, courtesy when rendering services in the field of funeral case and also in manifestation of tolerance and understanding to ethnocultural regulations, beliefs and ceremonies in the field of burial, respect of views and beliefs of persons who suffered loss including exception of discrimination on religious and (or) national signs, will lock privileges and (or) restrictions on signs of race, skin color, political, religious and other convictions, floor, ethnic and social origin, property condition, residence, on language or other signs.
Restraint consists in observance by the persons rendering services in the field of funeral case, tactfulness and correctness in communication with persons, who suffered loss, including need to monitor the speech, gestures, mimicry during the address to them.
Corporativity consists in obligation of persons rendering services in the field of funeral case:
be basic and exacting to itself and colleagues, to respect their rights, legitimate interests, honor, advantage, reputation;
be correct and benevolent to colleagues, respect work and experience of each member of collective;
give help to young colleagues, promote their moral education;
build relations with colleagues based on mutual trust, observance of professional ethics;
promote exception of cases of incompetence and not professionalism of colleagues.
Not conflictness consists in contribution of persons rendering services in the field of funeral case, to non-admission of emergence of conflict situations and also not introduction in the relations which can lead to adverse effects when rendering services in the field of funeral case.
In case of conflict of interest or possibility of such conflict the worker shall ask for the help in resolving the situation the direct head.
Organization consists in fair execution by persons rendering services in the field of funeral case, the obligations, manifestation of professionalism, punctuality, providing the optimum organization of the work.
Confidentiality consists in observance by persons rendering services in the field of funeral case, legal regime of information according to the legislation in the field of information, informatization and information security. Respect for the principle of confidentiality is obligatory and does not depend on continuation or the termination of the relations with the customer of funeral services.
5. Imposing by persons rendering services in the field of funeral case, goods (works, services) for the organization of burial and also inclusion in funeral ceremony of funeral (including on the basis of declaration of will of the dead, wish of his family) the elements violating the civil laws, freedoms and obligations established by the current legislation is not allowed.
Participation of persons who suffered loss in preparation and holding funeral shall be considered when rendering services in the field of funeral case as the priority right of these persons.
6. Persons rendering services in the field of funeral case shall:
perform activities for the organization of burial, realization of the corresponding goods (works, services) and (or) implementation of care of sites for burial, places in columbarium to customers of funeral services with equal respect for each dead and (or) his family, their religion, customs and traditions of ceremonies of different religions about burial;
prove and explain the decisions made by them, observe requirements of the legislation in the field of burial and funeral case, and also the principles and regulations of professional funeral ethics in the field of funeral case and to perform them in practice;
to independently increase the level of knowledge of questions of burial and funeral case (ceremonial customs of holding different funeral rituals, features of burial of the dead of different religions), and also to aim to increase professional competence and awareness, making use of own experience and experience of colleagues;
consider universal ethical standards in funeral legal etiquette, including respect the international ethical standards of funeral legal etiquette in case of burial of persons of different nationality and (or) citizenship;
to treat participants of funeral with respect, and also body (remains), ashes of the dead;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.