of October 16, 2015 №25
About the Procedure for acceptance in the Eurasian Economic Union of new members and the termination of membership in the Eurasian Economic Union
According to the subitem 12 of Item 2 of article 12 of the Agreement on the Eurasian Economic Union of May 29, 2014 the Supreme Eurasian economic council decided:
Members of the Supreme Eurasian economic council:
from the Republic of Armenia
from the Kyrgyz Republic
from the Republic of Belarus
from the Russian Federation
from the Republic of Kazakhstan
Approved by the Decision of the Supreme Eurasian economic council of October 16, 2015 №25
1. This Procedure determines procedures of acceptance in the Eurasian Economic Union (further - the Union) new members, and also the termination of membership in the Union.
2. The state interested in the accession to the Union sends the corresponding appeal to the Chairman of the Supreme Eurasian economic council (further - the Supreme council) in which it declares the intention to become the member of the Union and to assume liabilities provided by the international treaties and acts constituting the right of the Union.
3. The state member of the Union presiding in the Supreme council (further - state member) sends the arrived appeal to the Eurasian economic commission (further - the Commission) which without delay notifies through diplomatic channels other state members on the arrived address and sends them copies of such address.
4. State members within 60 calendar days from the date of receipt of the notification specified in Item 3 presents of the Procedure send to the Commission of line item concerning the accession to the Union of the addressed state.
5. The supreme council according to the procedure, the established Agreement on the Eurasian Economic Union of May 29, 2014 (further - the Agreement), makes the decision on provision to the addressed state of the status of the candidate state on the accession to the Union (further - the candidate state).
By results of consideration of question of provision of the status of the candidate state the Commission in writing informs the addressed state on the made decision and creation of working group of representatives of the candidate state, state members and bodies of the Union.
6. Based on the decision of the Supreme council specified in Item 5 of this Procedure the working group according to item 4 of article 108 of the Agreement, structure and which head affirm Council of the Commission is created.
The working group is headed by the member of Board of the Commission.
Meetings of working group are held as required. Date, the place and format (internal or in the video conference mode) holding meeting of working group is determined by her head and is brought to the attention of her participants not later than 10 calendar days before date of such meeting. Materials for meeting of working group go (including by e-mail) to workgroup members not later than 5 calendar days before date of such meeting.
Representatives of the interested public authorities and organizations of state members and candidate state can be invited to meetings of working group.
Expenses on sending of workgroup members, and also persons specified in paragraph four of this Item are born by the sending party.
Results of meeting of working group are drawn up by the protocol which is signed by her head and is stored in the Commission. Copies of the protocol within 3 working days from signature date go to state members and the candidate state, and also by e-mail to workgroup members. The workgroup member can send to the Commission (including by e-mail) within 3 working days from the date of receipt of the protocol of the note on reflection in it to the line item. Copies of notes (in the presence of such notes) go the Commission to state members and the candidate state, and also by e-mail to workgroup members.
If necessary the head of working group, including on the offer of workgroup members, can make the decision on forming of industry sections.
Industry sections can prepare recommendations about the questions falling within the scope of their maintaining.
Recommendations of industry sections are drawn up in writing and transferred to the head of working group for accounting in work.
7. The main objectives of working group are:
a) studying of degree of readiness of the candidate state for acceptance on the obligations provided by the international treaties and acts constituting the right of the Union;
b) project development of the Action program according to the entry of the candidate state into the Eurasian Economic Union (further - the Action program);
c) implementation of monitoring of accomplishment of the actions provided by the Action program;
d) representation on regular basis for consideration of the Commission by Council and the Supreme council of the report on the course of accomplishment by the state by the candidate of the Action program;
e) development stipulated in Item 4 articles 108 of the Agreement of the draft of the international treaty on the entry of the candidate state into the Union;
e) submission by the head of working group to Board of the Commission of the final report on the course of accomplishment of the Action program (with appendix of the draft of the international treaty on the entry of the candidate state into the Union) for its removal for consideration of the Commission by Council and the Supreme council.
8. The action program includes the actions directed to creation of conditions for execution by the candidate state of the obligations provided by the international treaties and acts constituting the right of the Union taking into account need of ensuring effective functioning of the Union and also determines executives in charge, completion dates of actions and form of their completion.
9. The action program provides including preparation of the following documents:
a) the analytical report containing assessment of cost efficiency and effects of the entry of the candidate state into the Union for such state, state members and the Union in general;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.