of June 18, 1997
The Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic which are referred to as further with High contracting parties based on the bilateral contractual legal base allowing to develop broad cooperation in spheres of economy, policy, social and humanitarian areas for the purpose of activation and deepening of cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic,
agreed as follows:
1. Create the Joint intergovernmental commission on cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic (further the Joint commission).
The chairman of the Joint commission from the Republic of the Uzbekistanpervy deputy prime minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
The chairman of the Joint commission from the Azerbaijani Respublikipervy deputy prime minister of the Azerbaijan Republic;
The regulations on the Joint intergovernmental commission on cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic (are applied).
3. Charge to the governments to approve in a month on a parity basis structure of the Joint commission.
4. The this Protocol becomes effective from the date of signing and will be effective within five years. The validity of the this Protocol will be extended automatically for the next five-year periods if any of High contracting parties not later than 6 months before the expiration of the next term does not notify other High contracting party in writing on the intention to terminate the Protocol.
It is made in the city of Tashkent on June 18, 1997 in duplicate, everyone in the Uzbek, Azerbaijani and Russian languages, and all texts are equally authoritative.
For the Republic of Uzbekistan
President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov
For the Azerbaijan Republic
President of the Azerbaijan Republic Heydar Aliyev
1. The joint intergovernmental commission on cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic (the daleesovmestny commission) is created for the purpose of further development and deepening of comprehensive bonds in economic, social and humanitarian spheres.
2. The joint commission is called:
- promote successful development of bilateral mutually beneficial cooperation in trade and economic, scientific and technical, cultural and other areas which are of mutual interest;
- promote, within the reached agreements, activation of different spheres of full cooperation, implementation of the made joint decisions, to make offers in the governments on different questions of relations.
3. The joint commission consists of the equal number of members from the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic.
4. According to proposals of chairmen of the Joint commission, the decision of the governments appoints deputy chairmen, responsible secretaries and members of the Joint commission.
Chairmen coordinate and provide the organization of activities of the Joint commission, constantly consult and communicate.
5. The agenda of meeting of the Joint commission is determined, proceeding from the perspective plan of the actions for year approved and approved by chairmen.
The agenda of the regular meeting is approved by chairmen of the Joint commission.
6. The joint commission sits in agreed time frames, but at least two times a year. Meetings of the Joint commission are held serially in the Republic of Uzbekistan and in the Azerbaijan Republic under the chairmanship of the chairman from the state holding meeting.
7. Employees of state governing bodies, and also experts are involved in preparation of materials for meetings of the Joint commission.
8. If necessary, at the initiative of one of chairmen, the emergency meeting of the Joint commission can be convened.
9. Decisions of the Joint commission become effective from the date of signing if other procedure is not established.
Decisions which according to one of chairmen shall be approved with the relevant state bodies become effective from the date of receipt by other chairman of the notification on their approval.
The term of carrying out approvals shall not exceed thirty days from the date of decision making by the Joint commission.
10. Working language of the Joint commission is Russian. The minutes of the Joint commission are signed by chairmen.
11. The joint commission, for the purpose of accomplishment of the tasks assigned to it, as required can create permanent and temporary subcommittees and working groups.
12. Expenses on holding meetings, including accommodation, food and transport servicing of members of the Joint commission, bears the state in the territory of which the meeting is held, and expenses on journey to the place of meeting and are back born by the directing state.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.