The contract between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic on legal assistance and legal relations on civil, family and criminal cases
of June 18, 1997
The Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic which are hereinafter referred to as with Contracting Parties based on the universally recognized norms of international law, attaching importance to development of cooperation in the field of rendering legal assistance on civil, family and criminal cases, being guided by mutual desire to strengthen friendly relations between the people of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic, the Treaty of friendship and cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic of May 27, 1996,
agreed as follows:
1. Citizens of one Contracting Party, and also the persons without citizenship who are constantly living in its territory concerning the personal and property rights use in the territory of other Contracting Party the same legal protection, as well as own citizens. For this purpose they have the right freely and freely to turn to the courts, prosecutor's offices, law-enforcement bodies and the state notariate (further the referred to as "organizations of justice") and in other organizations of other Contracting Party within which competence civil, family and criminal cases are, can act in them, initiate petitions and make claims, and equally perform other legal proceedings on the same conditions, as well as own citizens.
2. Provisions of this agreement are applied respectively to the legal entities created according to the legislation of Contracting Parties.
1. Organizations of justice of Contracting Parties afford mutual legal assistance on civil, family and criminal cases according to provisions of this agreement.
2. Organizations of justice give legal assistance and to other organizations within which competence the cases specified in Item 1 of this Article are.
3. Other organizations on the cases specified in Item 1 of this Article direct requests for legal assistance through organizations of justice.
Contracting parties give each other legal assistance by accomplishment of legal and other proceedings, stipulated by the legislation the required Contracting Party, in particular, of creation and transfers of documents, carrying out searches, withdrawals, transfers and issues of physical evidences, conducting examination, poll of the parties, interrogation of persons accused, defendants, witnesses, experts, initiation of criminal prosecution, search and issue of persons who committed crimes, judicial survey, recognition and execution of judgments on civil cases, sentences regarding the civil action, executive texts and also by delivery of documents.
When rendering justice of Contracting Parties to legal assistance of organization communicate with each other respectively through the Ministry of Justice and Prosecutor's office of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Ministry of Justice and the Prosecutor General's Office of the Azerbaijan Republic.
1. Organizations of justice of Contracting Parties in the relations with each other in case of accomplishment of this Agreement use Uzbek, Azerbaijani and Russian languages.
2. The documents directed in language of the requesting Contracting Party are followed by transfer into language of the required Contracting Party or into Russian if this Agreement does not provide other.
Contracting parties also provide translation and interpretation on the Uzbek and Azerbaijani languages when it is necessary.
3. Confirmation of fidelity of translation of documents is made according to the legislation of Contracting Parties and provisions of this agreement.
The documents sent by organizations of justice and other organizations according to the procedure of rendering legal assistance shall have official stamp.
In the order about rendering legal assistance it shall be specified:
1) the name of the requesting organization of justice and the name of required organization of justice;
2) the name of case according to which the legal assistance is requested;
3) names and surnames of the parties, persons accused, defendants or convicts, and
also other persons concerning the order, their nationality, occupation, residence or residence; for legal entities - their name and the location; names, surnames and addresses of their representatives;
4) on criminal cases actual - circumstances of the committed crime, and also its legal qualification and data on the extent of damage if it was caused as a result of act;
5) contents of the order and data, necessary for execution of the order, and also other important information.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.