Declaration on further development of full cooperation and relations of partnership between the Republic of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan Republic
of June 18, 1997
The Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic which further are referred to as with the Parties proceeding from mutual aspiration of the people of two countries to further strengthening and development of friendship and cooperation, recognizing need of implementation of specific practical measures on deepening of economic integration, scientific and technical, cultural and humanitarian cooperation, convinced that the developed partnership will also promote further expansion and deepening of interstate cooperation in political, trade and economic and welfare spheres from now on, understanding need of more complete use of material and intellectual capacities of two countries, developments of specific approaches and creation of the mechanisms promoting realization of practical tasks of deepening of partnership according to new political, economic and social realities based on provisions of the Treaty of friendship and cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic of May 27, 1996, other two-way deals,
declare the following:
1. The parties intend and to develop the relations on the basis of friendship, consent and mutually beneficial cooperation from now on.
The parties will promote development of the bilateral political, economic, social, cultural relations based on strategic partnership and mutual trust and also to give support to efforts of each other in further strengthening of their sovereignty, independence, territorial integrity and inviolability of borders, implementation of economic reforms, democratic transformations and express readiness to develop cooperation in these directions.
2. The parties will make all necessary efforts in assistance to development of cooperation and mutual understanding, to strengthening of stability in Europe and Central Asia. They will consult for this purpose within the UN, OSCE and other international and regional organizations which members they are, including concerning development of democratic institutes and respect for human rights.
3. The parties highly appreciate documents of the Lisbon summit of OSCE and express strong confidence that their practical realization, settlement of armed conflicts in OSCE region based on the principles containing in these documents will create reliable guarantee for achievement of peace, stability and trust in Europe, Central Asia and in general in the world.
4. The parties condemn acts of aggression and terrorism in all forms and manifestations leading to blasting the human rights and freedoms and democratic basis of society threatening territorial integrity and safety of the states.
5. The parties emphasize need of cooperation within the international organizations and forums for the purpose of development and adoption of specific decisions concerning assistance of integration of countries with economies in transition into world economy.
6. The parties, on the basis of mutual interest, will activate the bilateral economic relations at the different levels. They will take necessary measures for assistance in mutual trade to economic integration processes and creation of favorable legal regime for physical persons and legal entities when implementing of economic cooperation by them.
7. The trade and economic cooperation between the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Azerbaijan Republic will be under construction on the principles of free trade, based on the prices developing in the world market, equal economic and legal conditions for business entities, creation of commodity market, services, the capitals and labor power, interaction in scientific and technical, production, investment, financial, transport and social spheres.
8. The parties will encourage all forms of trade exchange, active participation of the small and medium companies in economic cooperation, exchange of necessary commercial and economic information, opinions and experiment on financial and economic policy, to promote education and activities of joint businesses, development of other progressive forms of cooperation of the national capitals in production, investment, bank and commercial spheres.
9. The parties are considered necessary to provide step-by-step forming of effective payment and settlement system.
10. The parties based on Serakhssky, other multilateral and two-way deals will expand cooperation in the field of transport communications and will provide in the territories of the states favorable conditions for transportation of their passengers and loads automobile, railway, air and other modes of transport, turning on en route.
11. The parties will concentrate special attention on acceptance of practical measures on creation and functioning of the Euroasian transport corridor, considering it as important factor of development of trade and economic cooperation between the states, the Black Sea, Caspian, Mediterranean basins and Central Asia.
The parties will charge to the ministries and departments to develop and submit for consideration of the governments of two countries specific programs of cooperation in the specified directions.
12. The parties will promote establishment and development of commercial, cultural, scientific and technical and other relations between the separate companies, organizations, and also areas, areas and other regions of both states.
13. The parties consider important development of cooperation in the field of protection and recovery of the environment, fight against effects of environmental disasters and harmful industrial effects on the environment.
14. The parties, recognizing importance of the cultural cooperation promoting strengthening of mutual understanding between the people of two countries welcome cultural exchanges at the different levels and in every possible way will encourage them.
15. The parties will assist development of inter-parliamentary bonds, and also experience exchange in legislative activities, forming and functioning of democratic institutes.
16. The parties will develop and strengthen cooperation in the field of fight against illegal distribution of drugs and psychotropic substances, other types of crimes. They will promote for this purpose interaction of law enforcement agencies.
17. The parties will deepen interaction and cooperation in other spheres and the directions which are of mutual interest in the field of democratic transformations and market reforms for the benefit of their people.
It is made in the city of Tashkent on June 18, 1997, in duplicate, everyone in the Uzbek, Azerbaijani and Russian languages, at the same time all texts are equally authoritative.
For the Azerbaijan Republic President of the Azerbaijan Republic
For the Republic of Uzbekistan President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.