of February 18, 2005 No. 19
About approval of the instruction for application, transportation and storage of fire-fighting powders of general purpose
According to the Laws of the Republic of Belarus of June 15, 1993 "About fire safety" and of June 22, 2001 "About rescue services and the status of the rescuer" the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus DECIDES: to Approve the enclosed Instruction for application, transportation and storage of fire-fighting powders of general purpose.
Acting minister E.R.Bariyev
Approved the Resolution of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus on February 18, 2005 No. 19
1. The instruction for application, transportation and storage of fire-fighting powders of general purpose (further - the Instruction) establishes single requirements to procedure for application, transportation and storage of fire-fighting powders of general purpose (further - powders).
2. This Instruction extends to the powders intended for suppression of the fires of classes "A", "B", "C" and electroinstallations energized up to 1000 Century.
3. Powders depending on classes of the fires for which suppression they are intended share on:
3.1. "AVS" powders and for electroinstallations (on the basis of fosfornoammoniyny salts);
3.2. "VS" powders and for electroinstallations (on the basis of bicarbonate of sodium or potassium).
4. For ensuring necessary fire-fighting efficiency indicators of quality of powders shall meet the requirements of specifications and regulations of fire safety of the Republic of Belarus "Powders fire-fighting general purpose. General technical requirements. Test methods. NPB 13-2000" (further - NPB 13-2000).
5. In this Instruction the following terms and determinations are used:
installation of powder fire extinguishing - fire extinguishing installation in which as fire-fighting substance use powder;
the fire truck of the combined suppression - the fire truck with several types of fire-fighting substances;
the fire truck of powder suppression - the fire truck for powder supply;
the powder fire extinguisher - the fire extinguisher with powder charge *;
the portable fire extinguisher - the fire extinguisher, design and which weight provide convenience of its transferring by the person *;
the portable fire extinguisher - the fire extinguisher mounted on wheels or the cart *;
the stationary fire extinguisher - the small-sized stationary technical tool of fire-proof protection for fire extinguishing due to release of the stocked fire-fighting substance which strictly fastens to the bearing area or is fixed otherwise in certain provision **;
effective part of powder stream - the middle of the second half of stream.
* Definitions of terms are given according to GOST 12.2.047-86 "to SSBT. Fire fighting equipment. Terms and determinations".
** Definition of the term is given according to regulations of fire safety of the Republic of Belarus "Fire extinguishers stationary.
Classification. General technical requirements. Test methods. NPB 7-2000".
6. Powders are applied in portable, portable and stationary powder fire extinguishers, installations of powder fire extinguishing and fire trucks of the powder and combined suppression (daleepozharny cars). For these purposes it is necessary to use the powders certified in the territory of the Republic of Belarus.
7. Suppression of any center is begun with the widest part of stream. In this case suppression of near edge of the center, and also the protection of the operator against thermal radiation allowing it to approach the center for its suppression in general is provided.
8. After liquidation of burning it is necessary to continue to give powder in order to avoid repeated spontaneous ignition of liquid or the smoldering materials.
9. As the moderate side wind can take down stream in case of suppression, the trunk shall go with some anticipation to the windward side. In case of strong side and head wind stream length is considerably reduced. With respect thereto suppression from fire extinguishers, manual and lafetny trunks it is necessary to make from the windward side.
10. In case of suppression of the fires of class "A" giving of powder stream to the seat of fire with the subsequent extinguishing of the smoldering surfaces is recommended. At the same time interruption of stream is allowed that is necessary for identification of the remained burning centers. For extinguishing sprayed water and foam of low (average) frequency rate can be used.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.