of March 15, 2007 No. ZR-81
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on February 22, 2007
This law is aimed at safety-of-life function and aviation safety, requirements satisfaction of society by airborne transportations, safety of aerial works, and also the environment in the field of aircraft, ensuring protection and safety of the state, protection of interests of the state.
1. This law regulates the legal basis of use of airspace of the Republic of Armenia and activities in industry of aircraft, requirements imposed to services and providing services, the mechanisms of control and the relation connected with the principles of legal regulation of industry.
1. Aviation activities in the territory of the Republic of Armenia which includes the overland and water territories of the Republic of Armenia and also airspace over them (further – airspace) are performed according to this law, the laws of the Republic of Armenia, international treaties of the Republic of Armenia and other legal acts.
The organizational, productive, scientific and other activity of physical persons and legal entities aimed at the development and assistance of aircraft, satisfaction of public requests during airborne transportations, accomplishment of aerial works and provision of services, and also creation and operation of the airports is considered aviation activities.
2. Outside the territory of the Republic of Armenia provisions of this law extend to the air vehicles registered in the Republic of Armenia so far as they do not contradict the laws of the country of finding of the air vehicle at the moment.
1. The government and authorized bodies of public administration, in the course of normative regulation of aviation activities, according to this law:
1) in case of development and adoption of the rules, procedures, instructions and other legal acts concerning aircraft (except for military) or having possible impact on its activities, provide their compliance to provisions of the convention "About International Civil Aviation" (further – the Chicago convention) and, in the greatest possible measure - to the international standards offered the forms of actions and procedures published by International Civil Aviation Organization (further - ICAO), the World Meteorological Organization and other international organizations relating to industry of aircraft;
For the purpose of simplification and acceleration of process of regulation the documents published by ICAO and other International Civil Aviation Organizations are competent to recognize and apply 2) if those conform to requirements of Item 1 of this Article. The documents mentioned in this Item are provided from ICAO in the English or Russian languages recognized by workers.
2. In sense of this law:
1) the certificate of the operator of the air vehicle – the official document issued according to the procedure the stipulated in Clause 43 presents of the law which certifies that the carrier has sufficient professional skills and organizational opportunities for safety control of implementation of the messages provided in the certificate;
2) the certificate of implementation of regular commercial air transportations - the official document issued according to the procedure, established article 44 of this law which grants the right for a fee or in lease to perform public conveyance, mails and (or) load;
3) permission to implementation of regular commercial air traffics of the operator of the foreign air vehicle – the official document issued according to the procedure the stipulated in Clause 48 these laws which grants to the operator of the foreign air vehicle the right to implementation of regular commercial air traffics to the territory of the Republic of Armenia, out of the territory and in the territory;
4) permission to implementation of irregular commercial air traffics – the official documents issued according to the procedure the stipulated in Clause 49 these laws which provide to the operator of the air vehicle of the Republic of Armenia and foreign - the right to perform irregular commercial air traffics on the territory of the Republic of Armenia, out of the territory and in the territory;
5) certificates and permissions to implementation of aviation activities of general purpose and special - the official documents issued according to the procedure the stipulated in Clause 45 these laws which permit to perform activities of general aviation and the special, established by procedure issues of certificates and permissions;
6) the concession treaty – the agreement signed between the Government and the international airport "Zvartnots", and also concessionaries of the state non-commercial or having the state share organizations operating in industries of aircraft, and the changes made in it;
7) the concessionary – the concessionary of the Zvartnots airport and those persons who are authorized to operate and manage other airports or others, state non-commercial or having the state share, the organizations of industry of aircraft.
3. The state body of management authorized by the Government in the field of defense approves the rules and procedures relating to military aviation established by it in the part relating to safety of civil air vehicles (aviation safety) with the state body provided by part 2 of article 7 of this law.
4. In this law aviation concepts, reducings and expressions are used in their well-known, internationally accepted sense. Their detailed definitions are given in the legal acts adopted on the basis of this law. Organa, adopting the mentioned legal acts, provide compliance of determinations of concepts, reducings and expressions to the determinations and their changes provided in international standards, the offered forms of the actions and procedures published by ICAO in the greatest possible measure.
1. If international treaties of the Republic of Armenia establish the regulations differing from provided by this law, then regulations of international treaties are applied.
1. Elements of aviation are civil aviation and the state aircraft.
2. Civil aviation includes commercial aviation and general aviation.
3. Commercial aviation is the aircraft used for commercial air transportations, provided for regular and irregular commercial transportations of passengers, load and mail for a fee or in lease.
4. Regular commercial transportations are the runs performed according to the published schedule or the frequency or regularity constituting the systematized number of runs, and for a fee which are open for direct armoring by the public, including additional flights for transportation of the exceeded amounts of passenger flow or the transported load connected with regular flights.
5. Irregular commercial transportations include transportation by the commercial order which includes service of air taxi and business aircraft.
6. General aviation includes:
1) non-commercial business aircraft;
2) the aircraft used for training flights;
3) personal flights;
4) the aircraft which is carrying out special aerial works including the aircraft used for agricultural, construction, prospecting, film-making, research, promotion and other services of special nature.
7. General aviation operations can be performed for a fee.
1. Aviation activities in the Republic of Armenia are performed, according to Chapter 4 of this law, by the civil air vehicles registered in the Republic of Armenia. Aviation activities can be performed by also national air vehicles of the Republic of Armenia.
2. The civil air vehicles having foreign national identity can fly by in airspace or by them aviation activities in the Republic of Armenia only in case of availability of the international treaty (agreement) providing the appropriate rights or according to the procedure, established by this law can be performed.
1. In the Republic of Armenia develops policy in the field of aircraft (except for military) and performs the relevant ministry.
2. State body in the field of regulation of the sphere of air transport, activities of civil aviation and non-commercial state aircraft, air traffic maintenance, aviation safety, aviation safety, and also regulation of reliability and safety of the terrestrial facilities operated to the aircraft sphere, and the rendered services, control of aviation services and aviation infrastructures, acting in the Republic of Armenia, subordinated to the ministry, is the Committee of civil aviation (further - Committee).
3. The chairman of Committee directs committee:
1) performs preparation, discussion of the rights of regional and international air traffics and international treaties on the international air traffics concerning these rights, negotiating;
2) exercises control of the established requirements for the purpose of ensuring their compliance to requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Armenia and international treaties of the Republic of Armenia;
Develops 3) and represents to the corresponding minister the regulations providing execution of requirements of international treaties of the Republic of Armenia, the legislation of the Republic of Armenia in the field of civil aviation and provisions of the documents published by the international aviation organizations performs their implementation, approving them with state body in the field of defense if they concern or can touch on issues of civil aviation;
4) according to this Law, provides certificates and permissions to implementation of commercial air transportations for implementation of business activity in system of aircraft;
5) is performed by studying and the analysis of process, development and perspective tendencies of policy of airborne transportations;
6) is conducted by the administrative statistical register in the field of civil aviation;
7) establishes requirements, regulation and control of activities of civil aviation, including activities of the airports and aeronautical servicing, and also to flight and aviation safety of the terrestrial facilities operated in the field of aircraft, and the rendered services, for the purpose of ensuring their compliance to requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Armenia and international treaties of the Republic of Armenia;
8) develops and represents to the corresponding minister the national program of supervision of national aviation safety programme and quality of aviation safety;
Develops 9) and approves requirements to economic activity of civil aviation;
Implements 10) and conducts national aviation safety programme in the field of civil aviation of the Republic of Armenia, for this purpose develops and represents the program to the corresponding minister;
Implements 11) and keeps the state program of aviation safety of the Republic of Armenia, for this purpose develops the program and represents to the corresponding minister, based on the changes made by ICAO (Appendix 19 and other);
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.