of March 15, 2007 No. ZR-81
Accepted by National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia on February 22, 2007
This law is aimed at safety-of-life function and aviation safety, requirements satisfaction of society by airborne transportations, safety of aerial works, and also the environment in the field of aircraft, ensuring protection and safety of the state, protection of interests of the state.
1. This law regulates the legal basis of use of airspace of the Republic of Armenia and activities in industry of aircraft, requirements imposed to services and providing services, the mechanisms of control and the relation connected with the principles of legal regulation of industry.
1. Aviation activities in the territory of the Republic of Armenia which includes the overland and water territories of the Republic of Armenia and also airspace over them (further – airspace) are performed according to this law, the laws of the Republic of Armenia, international treaties of the Republic of Armenia and other legal acts.
The organizational, productive, scientific and other activity of physical persons and legal entities aimed at the development and assistance of aircraft, satisfaction of public requests during airborne transportations, accomplishment of aerial works and provision of services, and also creation and operation of the airports is considered aviation activities.
2. Outside the territory of the Republic of Armenia provisions of this law extend to the air vehicles registered in the Republic of Armenia so far as they do not contradict the laws of the country of finding of the air vehicle at the moment.
1. The government and authorized bodies of public administration, in the course of normative regulation of aviation activities, according to this law:
1) in case of development and adoption of the rules, procedures, instructions and other legal acts concerning aircraft (except for military) or having possible impact on its activities, provide their compliance to provisions of the convention "About International Civil Aviation" (further – the Chicago convention) and, in the greatest possible measure - to the international standards offered the forms of actions and procedures published by International Civil Aviation Organization (further - ICAO), the World Meteorological Organization and other international organizations relating to industry of aircraft;
For the purpose of simplification and acceleration of process of regulation the documents published by ICAO and other International Civil Aviation Organizations are competent to recognize and apply 2) if those conform to requirements of Item 1 of this Article. The documents mentioned in this Item are provided from ICAO in the English or Russian languages recognized by workers.
2. In sense of this law:
1) the certificate of the operator of the air vehicle – the official document issued according to the procedure the stipulated in Clause 43 presents of the law which certifies that the carrier has sufficient professional skills and organizational opportunities for safety control of implementation of the messages provided in the certificate;
2) the certificate of implementation of regular commercial air transportations - the official document issued according to the procedure, established article 44 of this law which grants the right for a fee or in lease to perform public conveyance, mails and (or) load;
3) permission to implementation of regular commercial air traffics of the operator of the foreign air vehicle – the official document issued according to the procedure the stipulated in Clause 48 these laws which grants to the operator of the foreign air vehicle the right to implementation of regular commercial air traffics to the territory of the Republic of Armenia, out of the territory and in the territory;
4) permission to implementation of irregular commercial air traffics – the official documents issued according to the procedure the stipulated in Clause 49 these laws which provide to the operator of the air vehicle of the Republic of Armenia and foreign - the right to perform irregular commercial air traffics on the territory of the Republic of Armenia, out of the territory and in the territory;
5) certificates and permissions to implementation of aviation activities of general purpose and special - the official documents issued according to the procedure the stipulated in Clause 45 these laws which permit to perform activities of general aviation and the special, established by procedure issues of certificates and permissions;
6) the concession treaty – the agreement signed between the Government and the international airport "Zvartnots", and also concessionaries of the state non-commercial or having the state share organizations operating in industries of aircraft, and the changes made in it;
7) the concessionary – the concessionary of the Zvartnots airport and those persons who are authorized to operate and manage other airports or others, state non-commercial or having the state share, the organizations of industry of aircraft.
3. The state body of management authorized by the Government in the field of defense approves the rules and procedures relating to military aviation established by it in the part relating to safety of civil air vehicles (aviation safety) with the state body provided by part 2 of article 7 of this law.
4. In this law aviation concepts, reducings and expressions are used in their well-known, internationally accepted sense. Their detailed definitions are given in the legal acts adopted on the basis of this law. Organa, adopting the mentioned legal acts, provide compliance of determinations of concepts, reducings and expressions to the determinations and their changes provided in international standards, the offered forms of the actions and procedures published by ICAO in the greatest possible measure.
1. If international treaties of the Republic of Armenia establish the regulations differing from provided by this law, then regulations of international treaties are applied.
1. Elements of aviation are civil aviation and the state aircraft.
2. Civil aviation includes commercial aviation and general aviation.
3. Commercial aviation is the aircraft used for commercial air transportations, provided for regular and irregular commercial transportations of passengers, load and mail for a fee or in lease.
4. Regular commercial transportations are the runs performed according to the published schedule or the frequency or regularity constituting the systematized number of runs, and for a fee which are open for direct armoring by the public, including additional flights for transportation of the exceeded amounts of passenger flow or the transported load connected with regular flights.
5. Irregular commercial transportations include transportation by the commercial order which includes service of air taxi and business aircraft.
6. General aviation includes:
1) non-commercial business aircraft;
2) the aircraft used for training flights;
3) personal flights;
4) the aircraft which is carrying out special aerial works including the aircraft used for agricultural, construction, prospecting, film-making, research, promotion and other services of special nature.
7. General aviation operations can be performed for a fee.
1. Aviation activities in the Republic of Armenia are performed, according to Chapter 4 of this law, by the civil air vehicles registered in the Republic of Armenia. Aviation activities can be performed by also national air vehicles of the Republic of Armenia.
2. The civil air vehicles having foreign national identity can fly by in airspace or by them aviation activities in the Republic of Armenia only in case of availability of the international treaty (agreement) providing the appropriate rights or according to the procedure, established by this law can be performed.
1. In the Republic of Armenia develops policy in the field of aircraft (except for military) and performs the relevant ministry.
1) is approved by the technical and administrative regulation of requirements to operation of flights (Air Operations Regulation);
2) is approved by the technical and administrative regulation of requirements to flight crew (Air Crew Regulation);
3) is approved by procedure for certification to specialists in civil aviation of the Republic of Armenia (Licensing);
4) establishes conditions and terms of issue on the basis of the certificates granted to aviation specialists by foreign states, the document on their recognition (Foreign Aviation Specialists License Validation);
5) is approved by procedure of training and special flights in the Republic of Armenia (Theoretical Training and Special Flights Lights);
6) is approved by procedure for certification of the aviation educational organizations in the Republic of Armenia and approval of certificates of the foreign aviation educational organizations (Avia Training Centers Certification, Validation);
7) approves the procedure of theoretical testing which is carried out for the purpose of check of professional knowledge and capabilities of flight crew, maintenance workers of the air vehicle and dispatchers of air traffic control (Proficiency Testing);
8) approves procedure for state registration of the air vehicle in the Republic of Armenia, maintaining the register of air vehicles and issue of certificates on the flight validity and recognition of foreign certificates on the flight validity;
9) "Maintenance of the flight validity" of the Agency on aviation safety of the European Union approves regulations;
10) is approved by procedure for certification of the organizations for maintenance of the flight validity and to maintenance of the Republic of Armenia, and also procedure for recognition of certificates of the foreign organizations for maintenance;
11) approves "Requirements to certification of the main minimum list of the equipment" of the Agency on aviation safety of the European Union and materials of management;
12) is approved by benefit about Sies-ETSO "The European technical standards" of the Agency on aviation safety of the European Union;
13) approves rules of ensuring the flight validity of civil air vehicles of the Republic of Armenia;
14) is approved by procedure for technical modification and implementation of repair work on the air vehicles registered in the Republic of Armenia;
15) approves service regulations of civil air vehicles of the Republic of Armenia;
16) the regulations approve "Additional requirements to the flight validity on operation" of the Agency on aviation safety of the European Union;
17) is approved by procedure for certification of dispatchers of air traffic control;
18) is approved by procedure for ensuring aeronautical communication and observation;
19) is approved by procedure and mounting conditions and operation of the ground radio equipment used in the air vehicle and also in the field of civil aviation;
20) approves operating conditions of the certified airfields of the Republic of Armenia;
21) is approved by procedure for certification of airfields of the international and domestic airports of the Republic of Armenia;
22) establishes conditions and restrictions of operation of the helipad;
23) is approved by procedure for providing aeronautical information;
24) is established by accounting treatment for collisions of birds with air vehicles in the neighborhood of airfields of the airports of the Republic of Armenia and submission to International Civil Aviation Organization;
25) is approved by procedure for air traffic maintenance;
26) is approved by procedure for provision of the period (slot) by the airports for take-off / landing;
27) establishes requirements of flight safety of the terrestrial facilities operated in the field of civil aviation, and the rendered services;
28) is established by approval procedure on operation of the runway platforms intended for general aviation or domestic irregular commercial transportations and operating conditions;
29) is approved by operations procedure of aircraft crew in emergency situations;
30) approves rules of survey of air vehicles of civil aviation of the Republic of Armenia;
31) is approved by procedure for the treatment of undisciplined passengers;
32) is established by the list of liquids, gels and aerosols which transportation in volume of more than hundred milliliters in cabin baggage of passengers is prohibited by air transport;
33) is approved by regulations of certification of members of staff of services of aviation safety of the organizations of system of civil aviation of the Republic of Armenia;
34) the operations procedure of persons in charge in case of obtaining by phone approves messages on explosion threat;
35) approves the training program of aviation safety of civil aviation of the Republic of Armenia;
36) is approved by procedure of testing of system of aviation safety of civil aviation of the Republic of Armenia;
37) is approved by management on the additional actions of aviation safety performed in crisis situations;
38) is approved by management on supervision of aviation safety of unaccompanied loads;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.